What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 12/06

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone :coffee:
    Mega tired today. I might even have to have a night off from exam marking - just desperate for a good night's sleep - got just over 4 hours last night.
    Still busy at work and home and now seriously considering getting a cleaner in to help me. Really not mse but I can't find any spare time and motivation together...
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    edited 12 June 2017 at 7:12PM
    News

Fake MSE Expert scam alert (Link)

Microsoft Rewards

Personally I won't touch Microsoft with a barge pole...but might appeal to someone. (Link)

Free Trial

FindMyPast (Link)

Freebie

Computing mag (Link)

Children's mag (Link)

Coffee sample (Link)

If you have a receipt for a purchase at a Subway shop you can claim a free cookie. (Link)

Nespresso-compatible pod via Facebook (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :)
    Been awol for a few days as I have been poorly again :(
    But I have been reading along, and managed a few things today:

Only had to go back to bed for a couple of hours this morning, and this only was because OH was snoring like a walrus at 4.30 am so I got up. Went back for a couple of hours after he got up. This is a big step forward, as I have been in bed for most of the time over the last few days :(
    Stripped off bed, and OH helped me remake it
    Load of washing dried on the line outside :)
    Picked some more strawberries :)
    Watered the pots in the front garden
    HG veg for dinner with our salmon this evening, new potatoes, mangetout and courgettes. And parsley with the salmon, too :)
    Froze some leftover cream that was about to go out of date. Need to check the rest of the fridge items too!
    Phoned hospital about referral, made appointment :(
    Ended all my ebay items as I can do without that at the moment!
    Walked dog with OH, it is fun seeing him run about in the park :)
    Claimed £50 payout from Yougov :D
    Still to do:
    Get washing in, fold and put away :)
    Deal with a bit of paperwork, a charity donation and a cheque for the window cleaner.
    Get an early night, all rock and roll here!
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I've done a freezer inventory :eek: who knew :rotfl: that's meals for the next month sorted. Determined to empty one freezer (:o) and defrost.

Meant to say this morning 1LuckyLady hope you're ok if you're lurking. Tried to PM you but it said I wasn't allowed for some reason :(
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite

Meant to say this morning 1LuckyLady hope you're ok if you're lurking. Tried to PM you but it said I wasn't allowed for some reason :(

Inbox full? 50 message limit. :question:
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    DawnW wrote: »
    Walked dog with OH, it is fun seeing him run about in the park :)

OH or the dog? :rotfl: (I am having Benny Hillesque visions :eek: )

Another one in line for an early night here, we should have a virtual pyjama party :D

I've done everything on my list except I froze the pasta and ate fruit instead. DS has been watching a gaming expo that is being streamed live over the last couple of days and is eating snacks while watching so he has some YS houmous and I bought a couple of different YS sandwiches for him (and one for me for lunch tomorrow.)

Night all!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello: feel much more wth it today :j working from home again so should be productive :D

Check banking, surveys, FPL
    Meals from stores /freezer
    Small load of washing
    Try a run
    Quick tidy round
    Portion cake and put some in freezer
    Sort through massive pile of papers and recycle anything that's needed
    See if my PIN number is in there for work credit card. If not, order a new one. Remember I put something on my card on Friday for work, will put in a claim today
    Check on veggies and water later if needed
    Read up on when I know potatoes might be ready
    Overnight oats and use some fruit up
    Check fridge for nothing on the turn

Right, off for a cuppa to wake up some more.
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello Everyone,

WFH today so got a bit more time to myself. Today's missions:

* Pop to post office and post Ebay parcel and return other parcel for refund
    * Workout from home
    * Strip DS bed and in wash, hang out to dry
    * Left over Pasta for lunch
    * Contact the creditors who still haven't responded to me :mad: I called one last night who denied all knowledge of receiving my letter
    * Still no details on how I can clam my money from Swagbucks. Need to look into that
    * Evening walk with DH around the park in the evening

Thats it. Enjoy your Tuesday :)
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Morning everyone :) Looks like it's going to be a lovely day today here! I'm taking DS to an under ones group then popping to the shops :)

- Check bank accounts
    - Go to under ones group with DS
    - Pop to the shops
    - Healthy eating and all meals from home
    - Make a stew for my slow cooker for dinner tomorrow night

Have a lovely day all :) x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all,

Sorry not been posting daily, with going away and then youngest son home for a few days, real life has got in the way.
    It's our mega birthday week, Youngest DH is 21 today, DD birthday on Thursday and DH on Friday, plus fathers day and MIL 80th and best friends birthday on Sunday:eek:
    We have given youngest money as we did with the other 3. He's about to have a year in Australia so it will come in handy.
    Todays plans include
    -Working on my ebay shop. I have a mega haul of items to list this week
    -do a meal plan. Been hopeless just lately, must get back on track with this
    -decide on tea, pull something out of the freezer (DS is off out with his friends tonight
    -need to pick up a spray bottle to dilute and use my Zoflora
    -plan the barbecue on friday sort of a joint celebration
    -Twins, I'm planning to do the same things with creditors. I've got two unenforceable who I will be offering 10%, 3 who are still trying to find it and one no response at all!

That's it for today folks, have a good Tuesday x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills