PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas 2017 mega index/christmas chat!!!! Yes, it's early I know :)

Options

Comments

• YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have just finished knitting three sweaters - one for each of the three DGSs (a 3-yr old and 1-yr old twins) - in an assortment of colours (different shades of blue, pale greens and greys) from my wool stash. There is a band of white around the body part with different coloured trucks on it and I've done these in bright colours (red, yellow, orange, green) that also came from the stash. They have an envelope style neckline with button fastenings so I'll be raiding my button tin for those; I'm hoping I can find some small buttons as well for the truck wheels. All in all, I reckon each one has cost around £2.50. :):):)

Just need to get my sewing-up head on now and I bet that will take me as long, if not longer, than the knitting part! :o
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    YorksLass wrote: »
    Have just finished knitting three sweaters - one for each of the three DGSs (a 3-yr old and 1-yr old twins) - in an assortment of colours (different shades of blue, pale greens and greys) from my wool stash. There is a band of white around the body part with different coloured trucks on it and I've done these in bright colours (red, yellow, orange, green) that also came from the stash. They have an envelope style neckline with button fastenings so I'll be raiding my button tin for those; I'm hoping I can find some small buttons as well for the truck wheels. All in all, I reckon each one has cost around £2.50. :):):)

Just need to get my sewing-up head on now and I bet that will take me as long, if not longer, than the knitting part! :o

They sound lovely :)
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Who keeps bumping this.

BAH HUMBUG
  • Badrick
    Badrick Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Who keeps bumping this.

BAH HUMBUG

:rotfl:YOU DO!!!:rotfl:
    Mark Steyn has stated, "In the UK, everything is policed except crime."
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I actually may join in with this.

I'm going to start prepping now, get some ideas and think of a plan of action.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    a friend was clearing out her Mums house as she had gone into a nursing home and found some patterns for gloves that look really easy .The sort which are 'finger-tip free' which you can wear while driving and have a fold over flap that you pull over the tips when you get out :) so as I have a good stash of wool I am going to make each of my DDs a pair to go into their 'christmas' gift boxes' I have a couple of boxes in the bottom drawer of the chest in my spare room that I pop odd bits in throughout the year.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've nearly finished the personalised cross stitch picture I am doing for my grandson's nursery. He'll only be 10 months old at Christmas.

It's this one :

__35_2_.jpg

I bought a lovely picture frame in light oak (to match his nursery furniture) which was brand new and sealed in a CS last weekend for just £1, and it is the perfect size.
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    CJ - That will be a beautiful keepsake as well as being a colourful gift for your grandson.

Now working on a sweater for DD in a burgundy colour. Nice easy pattern, just right for TV knitting. :D
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DB is the most difficult to buy for but in the past week I've come across a couple of quirky brilliant presents that will be well used for DB. I am now pleased to say that he is done, which just never happens. I'm really pleased by spreading out the cost I'm not going to suffer at Christmas and will have money in my pocket as usual. It really does make a difference
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant thread thank you Zippy :T

As I am now a mature uni student with a part time job I want to make a few gifts this year too and, of course, have the summer off from studies to do so. I only really buy for my DD & her partner, DS and his partner and DS. Plus my parents who at 83 and 77 are quite difficult to buy for as they have most of what they want or need already at their age.

I'm thinking of doing personalised hampers for the older two children and partners with say a bottle of wine, favourite cake, biscuits, maybe a dvd for when they're off work over Christmas.... Am getting a bit stuck now but am loving the ideas on this thread and will take inspiration from anyone who wants to give it! I am a keen crocheter and have already made them all a large striped blanket each from Attic24 so that's out, and none of them particularly wear hats and gloves.....

I shall keep looking though and am glad of the nudge to get things done early :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure