Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback

MSE_Andrew
MSE_Andrew Posts: 173
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
MSE Staff
edited 5 January 2021 at 3:01PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Toto Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
  • Did your switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• Switched from Ebico when it became apparent that Toto could beat them on price for both their EquiPower/EquiGas and newly launched Robin Hood Energy Pre-pay.

Switched via the website and everything went smoothly. I was informed clearly of the switching dates, my rates, how to cancel and the process of switching. The pre-pay Quantum card and electric key arrived before the due switch date and using them for a few weeks, the promise of them being cheaper than the competition for my own personal comparison seems to be true.

A couple of minor quirks - I was sent two Quantum cards for some reason and one payment hasn't shown up on the online payments page despite it going through okay via PayPoint. Hopefully a non-issue and I keep the receipts as proof of payment regardless.

Time will tell if they remain as competitive and can maintain their early momentum.
  • Last Thursday i phoned Toto energy to look at switching to them.
    I have a prepaid electric meter but the gas is an ordinary meter and i pay monthly so needed to speak to someone.

I rang them after 25 mins i did as the message on the ohone said and pressed 5 for a call back which i never got.

I rang the next day spoke to someone and he sais he would email all the information and confirmation to me that day. It never arrived.

Cutting a long story short i found the customer services number on MSE so i rang. The man had to send my infomation to his manager and i should get the email today.

I am supposed to be moving over to toto energy on 1st april (how ironic). I have told toto if i dont hear from them today i will be cancelling the 'contract' as i have not received any confirmation from them.

I know they are a new company but i have never dealt with such a badly organised one. They just dont seem to know what they are doing.

If they want to grow their customer base then the way they are going people will not tolorate such poor customer service
  • Have had a big problem with creating my TOTO acount - as kept getting an error "myc:001"

Just been on the 'phone to TOTO's technical department who fixed it for me and it seems this problem is caused by the price comparison websites (including this one) submitting multiple requests to create accounts.

Interesting - and it shouldn't be happening!
  • I switched from an eon collective tariff to this as they said they will support the eon smart meter and the price was cheapest apart from iresa (at the time of the switch in Feb). Switch went fine as far as I can tell. Initially when I registered I couldn't login to the website and had to ring and they were quick to answer and sorted it out very quickly. This was in Feb and sounds similar to the problem above so they've not fixed it yet which doesn't seem so good. Smart meter still functions normally. Online account management is pretty basic. No option to add your own readings etc. Has a timeline of events that said payment reminder and meter reading request but I didn't get any emails and payment is direct direct debit. Assume I will be billed 17 May as that will be 3 months from switch. At least there's no exit fees at the disadvantage of it not being a fixed tariff. So far it seems OK.
  • The TOTO website online management is as said above - VERY basic; which I find very disappointing. Can't see usage, meter readings or well...... anything except that payments have been taken. Not impressed.
  • Well! In between signing up to this forum, and starting to write this message, Toto have rung me back at last. It has taken them 6 weeks from when I initiated the switch to tell me that they cannot supply me with energy, as my Smart Meter was installed by British Gas. I would never have found this out, if I had not persisted in calling them. They are a complete organisational shambles. If this is an example of their customer service, I would advise anyone tempted to use them to think carefully before comitting themselves. Now I am left having to start all over again - having foregone the chance to join in the recent Energy Club big switch, because I thought I was already sorted out. I have been switching energy companies for some years, and have never come across one that was so inefficient. How are we, the consumers, supposed to know which companies are unable to deal with certain smart meters?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Well! In between signing up to this forum, and starting to write this message, Toto have rung me back at last. It has taken them 6 weeks from when I initiated the switch to tell me that they cannot supply me with energy, as my Smart Meter was installed by British Gas. I would never have found this out, if I had not persisted in calling them. They are a complete organisational shambles. If this is an example of their customer service, I would advise anyone tempted to use them to think carefully before comitting themselves. Now I am left having to start all over again - having foregone the chance to join in the recent Energy Club big switch, because I thought I was already sorted out. I have been switching energy companies for some years, and have never come across one that was so inefficient. How are we, the consumers, supposed to know which companies are unable to deal with certain smart meters?

How did you pose the question? All suppliers can accept a customer with a smart meter. That said, as the meter is likely to be SMETS1, the new supplier may not be able to read your meter remotely. In other words, you will have to read the meter yourself and pass the supplier meter readings to inform the billing process. I can see nothing in Toto's ts and cs to suggest that the above isn't the case.
  • This is the first time I have switched and it has been a complete shambles. I have been left in limbo for 6 weeks by TOTO energy who seem to be a TOTAL shambles. I waited and waited for some sort of communication from them and had to resolve to phoning them 5 times, half an hour of waiting ever time. No welcome pack or any sort of contact, until yesterday, much too late. They have taken my DD along with my old supplier of 40 years, promised this and that, but not materialized. Issues still not resolved still no communication, very dissatisfied TOTALLY unhappy with TOTO.
  • Toto, your ability to send the welcome pack (e-mail) and set up the direct debit was impressive. However that is where it all goes wrong. There was no notification to SSE who were the current provider of my gas and electric so SSE continued to take the direct debit, when I queried this with Toto by email they assured me they had done the switch and SSE were to blame. When I asked for proof of switching and contact with SSE from Toto so I could take this up with SSE I had no response from Toto despite chasing twice, fearing that all was not well and fedup with no response I called SSE who to be fair I had never had a problem with and revealingly they told me that only one supply had been switched and that as far as they were concerned my gas remained with them. SSE recognised that there was a problem here and fair play to them they then arranged the switch themselves with me to finalise last meter readings and the bill - all which should have been done by Toto. This took over an hour of my time to resolve. Toto continued to ignore emails asking for response on their handling of the switch. So the verdict? I would rather spend more and go with a company that actually has a track record of good customer service, Toto continue to ignore emails and give a bad name to all fledgling energy companies trying to break the bigger firms monopoly. I certainly won't be back to Toto but make up your own minds.
  • Well now several months in and so far I have had one request by email to submit my meter readings. Could hardly believe the system was so archaic as you have to send a reply by email with your meter readings! Then nothing happened for WEEKS and eventually I got a reply to thank me for my readings. Needless to say - this has not affected my direct debit which continues to be taken at exactly the same amount.

Then - nothing for another few months and today I get a text message to my mobile asking for my meter readings and including a link to the website. Oh good I thought - they must have updated their website so I can submit my meter readings like you can with a proper energy provider.
    Unfortunately not.
    When I called I was told that the website 'was updated at the end of June to add this facility but oh dear a couple of days ago it broke'. They took my readings over the 'phone instead.
    Well I am sorry TOTO but this just isn't good enough.
    DO NOT SWITCH TO TOTO - they are a useless bunch of chancers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure