Yet Another Parcel2Go Nightmare

Comments

• Car insurance is completely different to this. First off, Car Insurance is a legal requirement. Secondly, I am in control of my car so ultimately it's my responsbility to manage the car to make sure I don't get into a crash.

As a customer, I have paid a company to take responsibility of my package and they have lost it or allowed it to be stolen, thus voiding any "agreement" we had which includes their T&C's.

End of the day, I shouldn't have to fork out £61 EXTRA to insurance myself in case they don't do their job correctly.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    First: The correct value is irrelevent as it doesn't effect the price of the delivery it was left as default.

Secondly: I did not insure them further as the clubs were in a "travel bag" which is designed to be taken on airplanes, so there is no risk of damage. Why should I have to insure myself incase a company doesn't do it's job correctly? And then have the cheek to try and charge me £61 ON TOP to cover myself incase they didn't do their job properly.

The fact of the matter is, the clubs weren't even attempted to be delivered. In fact, to my knowledge from their system, they didn't even leave London. They simply can not hide behind their T&C's and wash their hands of any responsibility as they have broken our contract of services provided. They have quite clearly failed to deliver a service and in the meantime they have lost it, which means they have to fork out for it all, if in fact it's lost. You're more than welcome to say "well you're stupid you should of insured yourself" like you have on other posts regarding this issue but I have already sought legal advice and I have a case.

What my question was was when would be the best time to send a letter to their legal department?

Well you seem to have all the answers?
    Not sure why you are following the claim process given you know you are not covered for the value you require.
    Court is your only option given your logic.
  • lucy03
    lucy03 Posts: 520 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    As a customer, I have paid a company to take responsibility of my package and they have lost it or allowed it to be stolen, thus voiding any "agreement" we had which includes their T&C's.

End of the day, I shouldn't have to fork out £61 EXTRA to insurance myself in case they don't do their job correctly.

Unfortunately there is an inherent risk in any delivery company that items will get lost or stolen somewhere along the route. If a delivery company could show that their losses were at 0.1% then IMO it'd be hard to suggest that they're negligently run. Parcelforce have said that as long as senders don't send items worth more than £20 that they will always cover losses, or they'll cover more if a higher premium is paid.

You have nothing to lose, other than some time and the court fee, by pursuing Parcels2Go, but I'd expect them to contest it on the basis that they wouldn't want the case to be seen as a precedent (not in a legal sense, but just if other people saw details of the case on-line). You can pursue that claim when you like, but I think small claims courts like to see that you've given the company a reasonable period of time to sort the matter out. You could always ask for a deadlock letter if Parcels2Go are adamant they're not paying out.
  • I'm following the claims process as I'm giving them a chance to find it, which is fair enough.

What my main aim of this is to see if anyone else had gone through a similar situation as they are "longing out the process" (see the original post) and what anyone else did in this situation. Also to find out when was the best time to send a Final Letter Of Action.
  • lucy03 wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is an inherent risk in any delivery company that items will get lost or stolen somewhere along the route. If a delivery company could show that their losses were at 0.1% then IMO it'd be hard to suggest that they're negligently run. Parcelforce have said that as long as senders don't send items worth more than £20 that they will always cover losses, or they'll cover more if a higher premium is paid.

You have nothing to lose, other than some time and the court fee, by pursuing Parcels2Go, but I'd expect them to contest it on the basis that they wouldn't want the case to be seen as a precedent (not in a legal sense, but just if other people saw details of the case on-line). You can pursue that claim when you like, but I think small claims courts like to see that you've given the company a reasonable period of time to sort the matter out. You could always ask for a deadlock letter if Parcels2Go are adamant they're not paying out.

I agree and to be fair, I have given them over a month to deliver my parcel and over 2 weeks to actually search for it and find it and I keep getting pushed back with "it's under investigation" or similar when I've called Parcelforce twice directly and they've performed searches for me and haven't found anything, hence leading me to believe they're just longing this out for as long as possible.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    I agree and to be fair, I have given them over a month to deliver my parcel and over 2 weeks to actually search for it and find it and I keep getting pushed back with "it's under investigation" or similar when I've called Parcelforce twice directly and they've performed searches for me and haven't found anything, hence leading me to believe they're just longing this out for as long as possible.

I think you have given it enough time.

Out of interest, was it the same depot as this one?

https://www.aspokesmansaid.com/delivery/stories/content-7215/parcelforce-launch-probe-after-they-manage-to--lose--a-package-containing---a-piano-
  • bxboards wrote: »
    I think you have given it enough time.

Out of interest, was it the same depot as this one?

Funnily enough it wasn't.

I also find it funny that within 24 hours of posting this on this forum, they've found my package :mad: Typical! Still a whole month without my package - furious!
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Funnily enough it wasn't.

I also find it funny that within 24 hours of posting this on this forum, they've found my package :mad: Typical! Still a whole month without my package - furious!

Hopefully it will all end up well sending the clubs back to you. Large and heavy items do go astray from time to time - it's not just postcards that get lost!
  • Well in a similar boat, parcel collected on 15th Dec 2017 Ups collected for next day delivery(Organised by P2G), it is now 16/02/2018 and no parcel or refund, told them via email i will be starting court proceedings after the 14th/2/2018, 2 days after the dead line still no parcel or refund, did pay the insurance for £335 cover at a cost of £34 postage and insurance, have been given the run around and did contact Ups 2 weeks ago and they stated the case is closed, i have all emails saved, in the next 2 days will start a claim in the small claims court, do need to send a letter to them or do i just continue to use the online claims at my local county court, also if they decide to pay up after i have paid CC fees, can i ask them for this and any out of pocket expenses or do i have to go court to fight for it, i am willing to to refuse the refund once the claim has been filed as a test case, advice would be helpful..Rob
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Why did parcel2go refuse your compensation claim and what does the tracking show? Also what was the item? It makes a huge difference before you start down the legal route.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure