Frogletina Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I got four text messages, two at 4.30 and two at 5.00

My accounts are ok

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • VT82 wrote: »
    Nothing taken from either of my two current accounts. Why they felt the need to text me with their public statement and wake me up at 5:55 am on a Monday morning I have no idea :mad:

Because systems to send out texts/e-mails to all users are not instant and have to churn through however many tens of thousands of customers there are, sending in batches. It will have been running for a while and taken that long to get to you, whether going by name, account number or who knows what.

I got mine at 4.24am and 4.48am (two accounts), woken up by both but never mind.

ETA: the one to tell me one of my accounts had been compromised but nothing taken was at 9.20pm the night before.
  • The Tesco Bank chef exec has admitted to the BBC that about 40,000 current accounts have seen suspicious transactions.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Because systems to send out texts/e-mails to all users are not instant and have to churn through however many tens of thousands of customers there are, sending in batches. It will have been running for a while and taken that long to get to you, whether going by name, account number or who knows what.

I got mine at 4.24am and 4.48am (two accounts), woken up by both but never mind.

ETA: the one to tell me one of my accounts had been compromised but nothing taken was at 9.20pm the night before.
    I haven't seen any reports of texts being received at 3.30am, 2.30am, or earlier, so I'm guessing mine was one of the first at 4am (followed by another at 4.30am). So they must have taken a deliberate decision to start sending at 4am, either through stupidity or because they'd worked out that to get them all sent the same day, ie before midnight tonight, they had to start at 4am.
  • I received the text at 5:55am. Checked my current account and all seemed fine.
    SPC 08 - #452 - £415
    SPC 09 - #452 - £298
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    I haven't seen any reports of texts being received at 3.30am, 2.30am, or earlier, so I'm guessing mine was one of the first at 4am (followed by another at 4.30am). So they must have taken a deliberate decision to start sending at 4am, either through stupidity or because they'd worked out that to get them all sent the same day, ie before midnight tonight, they had to start at 4am.

There was a post from Rollinghome yesterday on the Savings and Investment board in which they claimed to have received a text at 2 am.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'm genuinely puzzled. Given that texts can come in at any time of the day or night, pretty much from anyone and anywhere, why on earth would anyone sleep near a mobile that isn't on silent? :huh:
  • Jibeddy
    Jibeddy Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Doc_N wrote: »
    I'm genuinely puzzled. Given that texts can come in at any time of the day or night, pretty much from anyone and anywhere, why on earth would anyone sleep near a mobile that isn't on silent? :huh:

This; and if you're only concern amidst all this is the fact you lost some sleep, you should really consider yourself lucky.
  • knack92
    knack92 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

I agree but would add "if they are bothered if they're woken up by it" to the end of that sentence. Personally I keep it on ring in case it's an important call.
  • VT82
    VT82 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

I hardly get texts any more. Everyone who messages me uses Whatsapp, and that is set to silent. If my phone vibrates in the night, I assume it's either an emergency, or it's the Sky News app telling me the Queen has died.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure