Referendum: which way are you voting?

Comments

• johnpr98
    johnpr98 Posts: 82
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 25 June 2016 at 10:50PM
    saverbuyer wrote: »
    Seems to me a lot of kids are throwing their toys out of the pram. The majority voted to leave and now some unless petition is doing the rounds trying to call a debate on a new referendum. What's is this? I fell asleep and woke up in North Korean. Unbelievable.

1.2 million more people voted leave. You think 1.2 million people thought they'd protest?

Not that it even matters.

The petition was started by a leave activist and hijacked by a mixture of remain voters and voters with buyer's remorse lol

If the vote was viceversa Nigel would be promoting it
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017
  • johnpr98
    Forumite
    edited 25 June 2016 at 10:48PM
    It's wasn't Farage's campaign. He wasn't part of the official campaign. Bit pointless asking him don't you think.
    Didn't you see Question Time?
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-referendum-nigel-farage-nhs-350-million-pounds-live-health-service-u-turn-a7102831.html
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Remain
    RikM wrote: »
    Funnily enough, the Turkish reaction I heard was "sod you, we never wanted to come to the UK." :) Turks aren't short of pride or history, either...

Though presumably not proud enough to refuse the massive handouts they'd get from the EU?
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    Remain
    Old_Git wrote: »
    freedom of movement .You can go to any european country .
    you can work in any european country .
    The UK will not be part of that .

And is Spain going to close its borders to british holiday makers?

I suspect not.

Nor any other EU country.
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    Remain
    CEON44 wrote: »
    Seems to be the case that a lot of people are regretting voting leave. They wanted to make a protest vote to leave but really wanted to stay. Unfortunately too many thought the same thing OOPS!

A load of balls. People voted leave because they wanted to leave. They're just surprised they got what they wanted for a change.

28% of those who could vote didnt care enough either way to vote so presumably they are just as happy with a leave vote as a stay.

So therefore those who are unhappy with the outcome are very much in the minority.
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    Remain
    Old_Git wrote: »
    freedom of movement .You can go to any european country .
    you can work in any european country .
    The UK will not be part of that .

People from the UK did go to mainland Europe long before the EU you know.
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Leave
    motorguy wrote: »
    A load of balls. People voted leave because they wanted to leave. They're just surprised they got what they wanted for a change.

28% of those who could vote didnt care enough either way to vote so presumably they are just as happy with a leave vote as a stay.

So therefore those who are unhappy with the outcome are very much in the minority.
    The guys spending too much time on bakebook. Massive turnover, majority voted to leave. They really need to get over it. This is one of the few times the voting public had a real say in their future. A vote with actual results.
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Leave
    johnpr98 wrote: »
    The petition was started by a leave activist and hijacked by a mixture of remain voters and voters with buyer's remorse lol

If the vote was viceversa Nigel would be promoting it
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Seriously I'd love to know what people think the result of the petition will be. Do you seriously think this is going to overturn the result of a democratic referendum with 72% turnout? The majority have spoken. It's over, move on.
  • duggan1
    duggan1 Posts: 504
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Remain
    CEON44 wrote: »
    Someone fill me in on why it would be a good thing to have an Irish passport!

Well the thing is no matter who you are, whether you are the most right wing loyalist on the block with a tattoo of the Queen on one bum cheek and Michael Stone on the other, there is no downside to you having an Irish passport.

Plenty of people around the world would kill for the chance to have a second passport from anywhere, we get one as of right.
  • johnpr98
    Forumite
    Seriously I'd love to know what people think the result of the petition will be. Do you seriously think this is going to overturn the result of a democratic referendum with 72% turnout? The majority have spoken. It's over, move on.

I don't know what the result of this petition will be, if the votes are all genuine and they keep going at the same pace (1 million a day) the powers that be will have to take notice of why this petition is attracting all these signatures, I suspect 'voters remorse' may be part of the driving factor. http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/leave-voter-regrets-voting-leave-when-he-realises-it-means-were-now-leaving--Z1btq_FnVW

Will the petition have fizzled out in two weeks or will it have reached 17m signatures?
    That's the peoples choice and time will tell, if it was another scenario, the Brexit voters would be publicising this petition for sure as one of their own persuasion started it in the first place :)

3,151,859 at 12:35 26/6/2016
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family