PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,148 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Miro - Whistles ARE expensive! I know because my sister ummed and aahed about getting her wedding dress from there!
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I spent a whopping $2.25 today. Came home with a glass lemon squezzer dish, the kind with a spout and handle. It's large enough to do oranges as well. The rest of the $1.75 went on the smallest size pyrex mixing bowl. It's white with the funky 70s avocado green daisy pattern.

My excuse is I'm building a pyrex set for each of my sons if and when they ever leave home
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Very envious of all the cashmere finds. well done, you people. :T

I've not had a good haul lately, a couple of 100% linen M&S trousers which are wonderfully comfortable.
    Frith wrote: »
    No finds for me today but we really went to the charity shops for my brother. He needed to finish off his wedding outfit.

He got: Shirt £3 (I think) and golf club (99p!) from Red Cross in Stourport.

Then tie (couple of £2) and some lovely Next cufflinks from Sue Ryder in Bewdley!

Frith - would love to see the wedding pics. :rotfl:
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Re Whistles, I think in the beginning it was a single shop in London only.

It's branched out now a bit, but still mega expensive. Not for the likes of us bargain hounds!

I bought a couple of cushions today (£6 for the pair) and they're a lovely shade of bright pink and green, with some bead decoration too. They will look nice on my garden bench.

They were probably a bit on the expensive side but it was in one of the little local cancer charity shops, so a very good cause imo.
  • LutonGirl
    LutonGirl Posts: 468 Forumite
    At the Age UK shop in Hertford yesterday I picked up a great vintage looking beaded/decorated black suede handbag in great condition for £4.49.

The other half found a working PS2 with 10 games, loads of accessories and all the leads for £15. Ideal for entertaining his 7 year old nephew during the Easter break.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Had a wander in my local CS shops - just in case..............!! Found a pair of Next jeans marked down to £2.00 in my local Sue Ryder shop AND they were the extra long so I don't look as if I'm wearing shrunken clothing. I can rarely get trousers long enough so I'm a very happy bunny :)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Loolah
    Loolah Posts: 185 Forumite
    Had a mooch around Pershore today and came home with some great bargains

Oxfam. lovely pair of cotton print trousers for £1.50 on the sale rack at the front of shop and then in the back found the matching top for £2.99. top is sleeveless and very long looks so lovely

Cats protection. Jaegar orange long linen shirt £4.95, this was previously priced there at £24

Blue Cross. brand new m & s stretchy bootleg black trousers £4.50 and a gorgeous long pastel flowery linen(ish) shirt for £6.95 its by mandy martin which is an expensive make according to SA
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    So... My boyf has a seven yr old son, so guess who I'm also now looking for in CSs, any excuse...

He's grown several centimeters in height and two shoe sizes in the six months he's been in my life so my obsession with CS has been useful! Have had lots of pairs of jeans and a lovely pair of Gap Kids chinos (being saved for a family event in a couple of weeks) and some great tops more recently.

The best lately though was two pairs of BHS school trousers in the next age up, perfect length but just a bit loose at the waist right now, will be just right by September.
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,899 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks Frith and Beenie for the info on Whistles....very interesting. :)

Today my local Community chazza shop was having a £1 day....well it would be rude not to partake wouldn't it.......:o

Got a sleeveless black and white print shirt, (think Audrey Hepburn), will wear it with the collar turned up and with a wide black patent belt over skinny black jeans.

Also got a brown and white long sleeved cotton shirt, looks very crisp and smart, and a floofy dressing gown in grey (I hate pinks and blues!).

All from M & S and currently whizzing round in the washer :D
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Tewkesbury today: Nice summer top (White Stuff) for my holidays.
    No more charity shopping for a while, I'm running out of drawer space and really MUST do a wardrobe cull.
    Well ... maybe ... if I spot a REAL bargain .. possibly ........;)
    Normal people worry me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport