PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Soapnuts

Options

Comments

• finc
    finc Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    Options
    I asked if they would send a small amount out and how much it would be, told them I didn't want to buy a bigger quantity until I knew it worked! They emailed back to say they'd send a free sample instead.
    :smileyhea
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got a free sample and made a liquid for cleaning surfaces with. I would not buy them because i make gloop which is a lot cheaper.
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • Shez
    Shez Posts: 2,180 Forumite
    Options
    aliasojo wrote:
    I asked for a sample using their contact us bit on the site.........and got completely ignored. No sample, no knockback.....nothing. :confused:

when i emailed for my sample, they didnt answer straight away, a couple of days later. Also maybe they are shut for the easter holidays?
  • savingsgirl
    savingsgirl Posts: 8,227 Forumite
    Options
    I emailed to ask if they were suitable fopr severe excema sufferers as my eldest suffers and they are sending me a sample. If it doesnt irritate her then I will be buying a huge bag. Although I use Surcare to wash everything if this is milder then hopefully it will help her
    Auntie Savingsgirl 24/9/06 :j
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My sample arrived this morning - will be using them in a little while so will let you know how I get on :D I received enough for about 3 x bags and live in a very soft water area, so may get up to 20 washes out of them :j
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Burlesque_Babe Posts: 17,547 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got some today - I think I have enough for about 2 'lots', so probably about 10 washes worth.

Think I'll test some on the bath mat later today as it looks a bit grubby
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aliasojo wrote:
    I asked for a sample using their contact us bit on the site.........and got completely ignored. No sample, no knockback.....nothing. :confused:

Update: After my earlier post, I received a lovely pm from the person who runs inasoapnutshell to explain that they had been snowed under with sample requests (tut tut you lot! ;):D ) and they would check if any had been sent out to me or not.

Sample received this morning (thank you Clare if you are reading :beer: ) and I look forward to trying them out.

I think the postie may have squashed them at the bottom of his bag as they were more bits that shell if you know what I mean, but I expect they'll still do the same job.

I've been moaning about my washing powder for some time now so I hope these are effective and I'll happily change to using them as a rule.

Just out of interest everyone, has anyone who has used them NOT been happy with them?
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    I received a sample this morning, though I hadn't received any emails from them replying to my request for a sample. dh, dd3 and ds all have very sensitive skin, and the children's eczema is easily made worse by washine powders, so I have high hopes, will be testing them shortly - may do the pj's then they can try out for any reactions tonight!
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Burlesque_Babe Posts: 17,547 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well, i've got a lovely clean math mat hanging on the line! I watched as the water soaped up (how sad is that?!) - I was amazed so little worked so well!
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • JailhouseBabe
    JailhouseBabe Posts: 1,590 Forumite
    Options
    I received my sample this morning, very bashed up. Will they still work ok?
    Are there enough to do a full load? More than 1 load? Oh, the stress of freebies!! ;)
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure