Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hengus wrote: »
    Don’t forget the Consumer Levy. The Coop got over £10M when GBEnergy went bust - paid for by all energy consumers on future bills.

Any company is able to go bust. Yes, their is a slimmer chance for the larger ones going to the wall, but not impossible.
  • Lyncj01
    Lyncj01 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes BUT the point I am making is that when energy supply companies go bust the customer is 'protected' by law through supplier of last resort (which means you would never get cut off) AND in most cases another supplier will pick up the customer base and honour the credits (albeit that all consumers end up picking up the tab through future energy bill)... what is there to loose?!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lyncj01 wrote: »
    Yes BUT the point I am making is that when energy supply companies go bust the customer is 'protected' by law through supplier of last resort (which means you would never get cut off) AND in most cases another supplier will pick up the customer base and honour the credits (albeit that all consumers end up picking up the tab through future energy bill)... what is there to loose?!!

Nothing to lose at all for those who want to play the energy market. However, the Consumer Levy is, in my opinion, inherently unfair on those who choose to remain with the established suppliers. Ofgem should have insisted on all suppliers holding an insurance bond similar to that required by the airlines. Consumer credits would still be fully protected but the cost of failure would sit with the supplier!!!8217;s insurer.
  • Lyncj01
    Lyncj01 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Totally agree with you - as gas (and power) prices rise we will no doubt see more of these small players going under and it's unfair for the cost of this to be spread across all consumers. That's how the market works at the moment though; a few good sharp shocks and Ofgem may have to reassess this. There should also be more stringent entry criteria for new suppliers.
  • VERY unhappy with this company.

I only recently joined them, and they have increased my monthly subscription by almost 30% in a matter of days. I have had no say in this nor have I agreed to it.

It seems that monthly subscription fees (which are mandatory as part of their energy tariffs) do not form part of the fixed tariff price and can be increased at their will ? I suspect this is the genius of their business model. In theory I guess they could increase this by any amount at any time ?

I won't be accepting this and so am moving to another supplier after just 1 month. I have a right to appeal the exit fees, so if there are othes in this same trap, do not be put off by their exit fees.

In addition to this, I had no reply to 2 emails about the tariff cost and when I did eventually receive a reply it was abrupt and unfriendly.

The small amount I thought I'd be saving each month has now been outweighed by this increase but instead I have worse Customer Service than my previous supplier, plus I am at the mercy of the next time they chose to increase their monthly tariff.

Their website is terrible and has no usability. It looks like it has been made by a 12year kid using freeware!

Save the hassle and go elsewhere.
  • At the moment i'm not sure the financial saving is worth all the effort i'm having to put in and the very poor customer service.

Had to make contact 3 times due to various errors. Now find out that they have created duplicate accounts in error. Then closed both accounts down in error.

They did not spot these mistakes and it was only me contacting them
    ( again ! ) that has highlighted the issue.

I seem to be doing their job for them !!!!!!!!!
  • Coming up to my 3rd direct debit (and 2 months with them) - still no statement produced although I am putting in the meter readings every month. Very odd. Perhaps they only produce quarterly statements?
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Coming up to my 3rd direct debit (and 2 months with them) - still no statement produced although I am putting in the meter readings every month. Very odd. Perhaps they only produce quarterly statements?

that sounds odd - i have been with them since 6th jan and have had 4 statements although the statements get generated about a week after submitting each read - you must have quite a credit balnce by now without any debit entries!
  • boliston wrote: »
    that sounds odd - i have been with them since 6th jan and have had 4 statements although the statements get generated about a week after submitting each read - you must have quite a credit balnce by now without any debit entries!

3 x £62, although by my calculations we are using less than that - about £50 a month. I'll email them and see whats going on!
  • rightfoot_shifter
    rightfoot_shifter Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 June 2018 at 8:27AM
    Do Outfox the Market do monthly bill statements as standard?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback