Samsung warranty washing machine

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Don't even no how it managed to happen
    That doesn't sound like an inherent "fault", I'm afraid. If you sent a picture and it showed that clothes were caught in the seal, then that does indicate that the machine was improperly loaded.

You could now arrange an independent inspection of the machine to establish if it is an inherent fault. If such an inspection agrees with your prognosis then you will receive a refund of any costs incurred. Obviously, if the inspection deems that it is mis-use you'll get nothing and be more out-of-pocket.

But you have yet to have a response to your "formal complaint", so little point in getting back in touch with Curry's until you do.
  • I too have issues with the rubber door seal.
    15 months after purchase I opened the door to find loads of shredded rubber in the machine - you could clearly see the rubber had been sheared off. Engineer came and confirmed there had been a quality issue with finishing around the seal and he had replaced a few of them.
    15 months later (3 years into the 5 year warranty) same thing happens again. Different engineer says it's because something has got caught like a button from jeans that has shredded the rubber seal - trouble is, the wash did not contain anything with buttons or zips/metal. It wasn't overloaded and nothing was caught in the door - It's an issue with machine but I suspect they don't want to admit this. If it goes again then no more samsung products for me!
  • cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I too have issues with the rubber door seal.
    15 months after purchase I opened the door to find loads of shredded rubber in the machine - you could clearly see the rubber had been sheared off. Engineer came and confirmed there had been a quality issue with finishing around the seal and he had replaced a few of them.
    15 months later (3 years into the 5 year warranty) same thing happens again. Different engineer says it's because something has got caught like a button from jeans that has shredded the rubber seal - trouble is, the wash did not contain anything with buttons or zips/metal. It wasn't overloaded and nothing was caught in the door - It's an issue with machine but I suspect they don't want to admit this. If it goes again then no more samsung products for me!

In cases like this it is worth getting an independent engineers report they have no bias either way and is likely that whatever they report the cause as is the cause.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I too have issues with the rubber door seal.

It wouldn't necessarily be something in the current load that has caused the damage, it could have been damaged weeks or even months before and the rubber has then degraded over time with it finally coming away even with a light load with no zips or buttons
  • Thank you all for your replies , I am just gutted I have 4 small kids and paid what to me is a small fortune for this machine in febuary this year, I had a hotpoint previsouly which broke constantly, I bought it specifically for the warranty and the first time I go to use it I'm not covered. I genuinely don't think the leg of the trousers was stuck but sure I have no way of proving that now.
    Thank you all for your help
  • Hi

I have had the same problem, so far the seal has been replaced 3 times since I brought the machine in 2016. We have even had a new drum, it has sadly gone again & the engineer that finally came out after over a week of re-arranging & even me calling the company Trio make sure he came out. We have had 3 engineers that sould not identify this problem, but I think the last engineer had a bit of a problemafter being told by his bosses to come, as soon as he walked in , he opened door said in was an inbalance in the wash that caused it then closed the door & asked me to sign a bit of paper & went. I then contacted Samsung who got the engineer to call me he said he spotted the fault cause he was a great engineer & that if he replaced the seal we would of been charged cause it was our fault. Funny he never said this in the house or even told us us a price, surely he would of known that UE apparently comes up when a load has an unbalanced load in it. I wouldn't know cause it has never come up, I have a young adult with incontinent issues & need the machine to work. Busy going to launderette while Samsung look at the photos & re-arrange again. Any advice would be helpful, but this sounds like a defect with the machine & we have had bits of rubber mixing with the machine as well !!
  • I too have issues with the rubber door seal.

I certainly won't be buying another Samsung washing machine, rubber has gone twice, then last engineer said it was our fault as machine was unevenly balanced, seal still getting worse & rubber is getting into clothes.
  • Just an update but we decided to buy a new machine (Not a Samsung) & as the engineer pulled the machine out, we foudn that the waste host was crushed & there was a plastic connector on the floor. When we got the machine outside we removed the back & found that there were 4 live wires, 2 blue, a red & a white wire. These wires were most probarbly connected to the thermostat & also underneath the split rubber it was filthy. All these could of added to the problems of the split rubber, especially as the drum was not right either. Either way the trio engineer, trio & samsung all said the machine was safe to use when all the time we were sitting on a fire hazard. The machine had only been pulled out by the engineers on previous visits. If the engineer we had pulled the machine out & changed the seal he would of seen the connector on the floor & noticed the problem instead of blaming us & saying it was caused by uneven load!!! Bare wires on a machine which handles water is not safe & you don't have to be an engineer to work that out !!
  • Our machine is about 2 month old. The rubber broke while washing kids clothes. There was a jumper with a zip. I have been washing different clothes with zips, buttons, finding money, keys etc and all my previous machines were fine. Nothing like that happened to me over the last 30 years. Anyhow it happened now but I refuse to take the responsibility of damaging the machine. Any luck with your warranty with your Samsung machines?
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    The last update was June.

Forget the warranty take it up with the retails you bought the machine from, as it is their responsibility.
    Life in the slow lane
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport