3 Month Old Sofology Sofa Sagging Badly

gazb_2
gazb_2 Posts: 51
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 11 March 2018 at 6:52PM in Consumer rights
Hi,

I purchased a sofa from sofology and it was delivered on the 23rd December.

Within a couple of days the sofa had started sagging quite badly. I spoke to them to log a complaint and the told me to plump up the sofa by working from the middle to each corner every time we've sat on it!

We gave it a few weeks and it got a lot worse. I spoke to them again and emailed some photos and even the lady on the phone was shocked how bad it was!

They arranged a technician to come and have a look. He came a couple of weeks later. He said with it being a brand new range they've had a lot of complaints about this particular range and that the filling was too soft and it would need new better quality filling. He turned the sofa over, unzipped the bottom and started pulling off the elastic supports that the cushions sit on saying that when they'd been manufactured, the warm foam filling had stuck to the elastic which then stops the air circulating the foam and stops it re filling causing the sagging look. He said that that's what he's been told to do and that it wouldn't stop it and that it would need new better quality filling but NOT to say that he'd said that! (Shocking) he said give it a couple of weeks and then call them back and say that I'm still not satisfied.

I called them today and they are saying they won't take it any further as the technician has said that he solved the problem and there's no longer a problem with the sofas!

Where can I go from here? The sofa is the new linara range and cost £3300 for a 4 seater, a 2 seater and a footstool

Any help would be great! Cheers

EBF445EC-4117-4244-A8C5-E12F7822B197.jpg

7E03DC0F-1173-489D-BB23-8218A570EC3A.png

D2A9BCA5-6913-46FC-98F0-01D11C9E0285.jpg

This is the 2 seater, we've hardly sat on the left hand side

8CA1E473-E854-4E0E-9E07-DB37146BE8D3.jpg

Comments

• gazb_2
    Forumite
    Does anyone know where I can go from here? Or am I'm being unreasonable? any help or advice would be greatly received, Many thanks
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,102
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You could stand outside the store with a sign saying DO NOT BUY FROM HERE UNLESS YOU WANT BAD SERVICE ,take some pictures and hand them out as flyers,should get some action.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,519
    Forumite
    Send an LBA and then pursue a repair or replacement. Did you pay on credit card or finance?
  • gazb_2
    Forumite
    edited 12 March 2018 at 9:27PM
    I'd stand outside the shop happily, but being a law abiding citizen, I'd probably end up spending the night in a cell!

Sorry mObov, what's an LBA? I'm not clued up on this sort of thing. I payed using the interest free finance.
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,519
    Forumite
    Letter Before Action. You will need to send it to the finance company and sofology as they are jointly liable.
  • Curlyd
    Curlyd Posts: 4 Newbie
    Having the same issue with the same sofa. I am constantly being told there is nothing wrong.
  • zeldah
    zeldah Posts: 2 Newbie
    We have had the same issue with our 4 seater sofa, and noticed this within 2 days of having the sofa. The 3 seater seems fine. When we looked underneath, there are more elastic straps on the 3 seater than the 4. Logic dictates that it should be the other way around.

Sofology seem incapable of understanding what we are saying. We keep advising them that it is not just the leather which looks terrible, but that the support on the 4 seater is non-existant. You can feel the frame under you legs when sitting on it. After being seated for 10 minutes, the indent is ridiculous and does not "spring up" like the 3 seater does.

A technician has been to view it, did not even bother sitting on the sofa, and just responded that according to his notes, it is fine because it is a soft filling.

Sofology has advised us to "dress" the leather after sitting on it, and that they are closing the ticket as the technician says it is fine. We have been advised to give it another 4 - 6 to see if it improves ..! ?
  • Curlyd
    Curlyd Posts: 4 Newbie
    Zeldah Have now got technician booked but not holding out much hope. I could have wrote your post for you as have got exactly the same issues! Looking at other reviews Sofology seem to copy and paste their email responses regarding looking after the furniture. At least I have some evidence of issue from others when I get a visit.
  • I.Wicks
    I.Wicks Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi just starting the same journey as yourself with a levino model looks as if this is the thing with there furniture .One chair is sagging after two months you get no joy of there customer after care teams they all give you the same answers call centre cindrome!!! If i get no joy i will be gretting an independant survey of the funiture then go back to then and if i get no joy i will take them to the small claims court this one other option i know it is a hastle but they do not like it either.
  • ossettbob
    ossettbob Posts: 11
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 31 May 2018 at 9:25AM
    I bought two 2-seater sofas from them. Had a dispute with them about delivery period & kept putting repeat reviews on Trustpilot. I was quoted 10-12 weeks maximum from sales advisor but he said it would be less. I eventually received response the day after the sofas were delivered....14.5 weeks. I then told them that I was not happy with the foam filling which was ignored. I posted another review giving my overall experience & my complaint about the foam. I got reply complaining about my repeat reviews along with false statements about my comments. They made out that I was telling a pack of lies. They also said that all furniture "settles" & you need to plump the seating. Mine have fixed cushions & you can`t get your hands in.The result was that they got me banned from Trustpilot !.
    Just after we received the sofas, we had some work done in our house. I told the guys not to buy from Sofology as their quality was sub-standard. One of them said he had bought from them. I asked him if the foam went flat. He said "only where you sit on them!". We both were of the opinion that the showroom models are filled with high density foam & not the cheaper fibre foam in the furniture you receive. Only one of our sofas has been sat on but it looks worn after only 6 weeks. I am going to see how they perform over the next few weeks. It they get worse, which I`m sure they will, I will then obtain a report from an idependent upholsterer. Following that, the only option is legal action as they always say there is nothing wrong with their furniture. It seems that you only get anywhere when you go to the small claims court.
    I have spent hours on the internet looking for comments etc. about Sofology. Wish I had done my homework before purchasing !. I have never dealt with such a bad company in all my private or working life & I am 74.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback