PPI claim help

Options
2»

Comments

• Confusediam
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I understand your comments that is a weak reason and perhaps I should rethink what I put forward. They may say I forgot but I definitely did not forget, they did not tell me it was on there or did not give me a choice and certainly didn't explain what it was. I never take out insurance, ever, if I was given an option and told about it I would have said no thank you. Especially as I am not sure that I was even working at the time so it would have been useless to me.
    With regards to statements, I don't ever remember seeing anything broken down on the statement. As I said I was very young, just turned 18 and had no clue about credit or any of those things, I wouldn't have had any idea. Especially as I could barely read at the time.

Thank you for the advice though, it makes sense.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    With regards to statements, I don't ever remember seeing anything broken down on the statement.
    If it didn't appear, you weren't charged.

There is no point saying you don't "remember" it being itemised because you'd have to show that you somehow paid PPI without it appearing on the statements.
    Note that it's another myth sponsored by claim companies that PPI was somehow "hidden" in the interest.

This is very definitely not the case.
    I am not sure that I was even working at the time so it would have been useless to me.
    You'd obviously have to prove that you were not working when you purchased the PPI.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure