Amazon Prime question

Options
Not a 3rd world problem, I know, but just a bit of info. After watching a box set on Netflix & then having the series pulled before I finished it, I took my chance & began watching Greys Anatomy on Prime. I’m on season 2 at present ( there are 13 seasons). An email today tells me that this series ends in 2 weeks. No way am I going to get through it. The show is recording series 14 at present & some stars have signed up for series 16. My question is - would Amazon be likely to reintroduce this programme at some point to catch up series 14-16. And if so, would it include the whole series from season 1? A big ask, but does anyone know if Amazon have done this previously?
:smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Katykat wrote: »
    . My question is - would Amazon be likely to reintroduce this programme at some point to catch up series 14-16. And if so, would it include the whole series from season 1?
    No one can predict what shows will (or will not) be available via a particular online provider. The more popular shows are often the subject of bidding wars with exclusive rights going to the highest bidder.

If you want to be sure of seeing every episode of every series, best advice is to purchase on Blu-ray or DVD box sets
  • Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,414 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP, my experience of Amazon TV is that they usually bring back series a few months later. I think they have capacity issues.
    Typically they'll have the first few series free, with the latest one on a pay per episode plan. Eventually, that series becomes free, as the newer series become available. I had a similar situation a couple of years ago - can't remember what series it was, but if you leave it on your watch list, when it becomes available again it will remember it's on your list. Also had it on Now TV with Criminal Minds, where the first 10 series disappeared, but came back a few months later.
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good to know Bigphil
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update ( a bit delayed) Before the cut off date, Amazon sent another email to say that customer demand had decided them to not pull the series after all. So, Power to the people!!!
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there such a thing as an index of shows and the streaming services they appear on?
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business