Does being on PIP entitle you to anything else?

Options
I'm in receipt on enhanced pip for mobility and daily living and wanted to know if it'll entitle me to anything else?

I'm also keen to know how much you can save while being on ESA in the support group.

Comments

• kingfisherblue
    Options
    I've just bumped a thread for you about what discounts you can get if you're disabled. Some of the discounts are in the form of a carer going for free. Hope it helps.
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm in receipt on enhanced pip for mobility and daily living and wanted to know if it'll entitle me to anything else?

I'm also keen to know how much you can save while being on ESA in the support group.

Savings depends on if you're income based or contribution based. Its usually £6k before they start taking it away, at a rate of £1 for every £250 over the £6k you are up to a max £16,000.

And depends on what you're looking for. Some places allow a free carer, CEA card gets a carer in free to the cinema (when you go with them), some offer reduced entry.
  • Cyclamen
    Cyclamen Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you have a partner who receives working tax credits it may alter your claim. I know my partner recieved a premium because i am disabled even though it wasn't me working.

If someone cares for you for more than 35 hours a week they can claim carers allowance (they have to earn under a set amount and you may lose a premium if you live alone).

Blue badge even if you dont have a car is useful for when others take you out.

Disabled bus pass is offered by some areas for enhanced mobility

Carry a photocopy as proof of disability if its not obvious for concessions on entrance prices.

Let your local library know an dthey may deliver books or be more understanding if your late returning books.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure