I neeD DVLA application form quick (D4 D2)

silkyuk9
silkyuk9 Posts: 2,815 Forumite
Hi there.

A few days ago i rang my nearest DVLA office asking for D4 and D2 forms. one is a medical form and the other is an application form for a HGV licence.

The woman told me she would pop them in the post. anyway they still havent arrived and its now saturday, so i cannot ring again until Monday to chase them up.

Is it possible to download both of the forms, ive had a quick search and found that i can download the medical part but as yet can't find the application part.

This is important i get the application sorted as quick as i can. My nearest DVLA office is over 40 miles away so i cant drive there today as its shut, our local post office does not have the application form i require.

Any help please.
All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.

Comments

• The forms usually take 5-7 days to arrive.

If they were downloadable they would be on www.direct.gov.uk but I had a quick search and I don't think they are. Some forms can only be posted out to customers.

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    cant you get them from the post office monday morning ?
  • silkyuk9
    silkyuk9 Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    cant you get them from the post office monday morning ?

im going to try monday morning CHRISSYG, ironically, the forms are also for a CHRISSYG
    All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.
  • Conor_3
    Conor_3 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    silkyuk9 wrote: »
    This is important i get the application sorted as quick as i can. My nearest DVLA office is over 40 miles away so i cant drive there today as its shut, our local post office does not have the application form i require.

Any help please.

You are aware that it's not the same as applying for a car licence? More stringent checks are done and your licence application also goes before a traffic commissioner to make sure you're of sufficiently good standing from a criminal offence and driving history point of view to qualify.

How quickly your licence application gets sent off is more likely to be affected by how soon you can get a medical done by your doctor. They're not urgent so tend to get shoved down the queue.
  • silkyuk9 wrote: »
    im going to try monday morning

Just to let you know that some of the forms won't be available at the Post Office at all, or may only be available at the Head Post Office in your area.

I do work for DVLA, but for vehicle side of things (no clue on drivers stuff sorry!), and many of our vehicle forms are not available at a PO.

If you cannot get them then PM me your name and address and I get a fresh batch sent, but not til Weds as I'm off work til then!

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills