20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Comments

• Love the sort it Sunday idea. Def one that I need to borrow.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Sort it out Sunday sounds good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Glad you are getting another quote from another roofer .

The coat sounds like a good buy.

Drawingaline has given you some great advice about the kitchen.

Have a good week.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Sort it Sunday sound like an idea that I most definitely need to implement! Thanks for sharing.

Hope the 'hangover' from food is shifted soon. I'm not intolerent but bread makes me feel terrible and bloated so I try to avoid but this last week i've been seriously off the wagon. It's not worth it.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Glad you are getting another quote from another roofer .

The coat sounds like a good buy.

Drawingaline has given you some great advice about the kitchen.

Have a good week.
    Thanks Cumbria Lass. The coat was the last one in my size and fingers crossed it fits and suits...
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Sort it Sunday sound like an idea that I most definitely need to implement! Thanks for sharing.

Hope the 'hangover' from food is shifted soon. I'm not intolerent but bread makes me feel terrible and bloated so I try to avoid but this last week i've been seriously off the wagon. It's not worth it.
    Feeling a bit better. I was silly to binge on bread as it takes days to 'get straight' again.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Forumite
    A good day and sunshine too :) A chance to wear my sunglasses :)

I ate badly but less badly than yesterday and much less badly than the day before.

I taught my class and all went well and it was enjoyable ;)

My final debt statement came showing I OWE NOTHING. ZERO. NADA. :T

House progress goals
    Good
    I got my second quote for the work on my roof and for redoing my porch. This is a roofer I like who did a quote for me last year but I thought it was too much at the time. :o

I think having debt began to distort what things should cost and to an extent I still struggle with what constitutes a normal price. Even normally priced food looks crazy to me after so much yellow stickering. :o

Roofer came this morning (before 9am) and a good sign was I did not feel at all anxious. This is the first time this has happened for me. The quote was emailed through to me this evening and the total is just under HALF THE AMOUNT OF THE PREVIOUS ROOFER. I don’t always trust a very cheap quote but this is not cheap and about what I expected it to be. This roofer also has good reviews on check-a-trader and I know him so I will be accepting this quote and the work will be done in two weeks time.

I was phoned by IK£A kitchens and I now have my appointment visit for May :)

Drab to fab goals
    Good
    I got my eyebrows tinted for the first time ever at the beauty college. £7 for the tint and an eyebrow reshape. The change is subtle but good. I would do it again.

Not so good
    I swerved fat club and came home and ate crisps. However, I did buy spray oil and veggies arrive tomorrow and I AM GOING TO STICK TO IT 100% from tomorrow onwards.

I hope you all had a good day and a little sunshine too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Great news on the roofer quote :j :j

We could do a stick to SW challange if you want?:o
    I have fallan of the Sw bus big time at the moment.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,061
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The roofer quote sounds good.

I'm with you on the diet stuff, finally put new batteries in our scales and had a :eek: moment last night.
  • doingitanyway
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Great news on the roofer quote :j :j
    We could do a stick to SW challange if you want?:o
    I have fallan of the Sw bus big time at the moment.
    Yes, let's do that. I plan to stick to it exactly today. I say exactly although I replace my A choice with measured 30g of raw nuts (for calcium) as I don't eat dairy and my B choice is a tablespoon of good olive oil as I don't eat bread/gluten. So my plan is to eat all free and speed food all day and at the end of the day list my treats (syns) and A and B choices. Good plan Beanie? You list yours too? Let's go!
    The roofer quote sounds good.
    I'm with you on the diet stuff, finally put new batteries in our scales and had a :eek: moment last night.
    Redo you can join us in the above if it motivates you?

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Yes, that sounds good.
    My syns will be mainly orange smarties!!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure