Let's do this!

Comments

• Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks SSG! Got back a couple of hours ago. The course was very intense and although I managed to get 7-8 hours' sleep each night (not normal for me!) I was still knackered! Lovely to be back with hubby and pooch, as there's only so long I can be alone in a hotel!

I didn't spend too much as breakfast was included in the hotel, and the training course provided lunch. A colleague told me I could claim up to £10 back for my dinners so I'll be doing that!
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You're right about hotels - I'm always glad to get home even though I've enjoyed myself whilst away.

Good news too on reclaiming the cash!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Thanks SSG! Yes I thought it was going to leave me pretty out of pocket, but it doesn't seem that way which is a relief. However, I'm going to treat hubby and I to a takeaway at the weekend :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lilith1980 wrote: »
    Thanks SSG! Got back a couple of hours ago. The course was very intense and although I managed to get 7-8 hours' sleep each night (not normal for me!) I was still knackered! Lovely to be back with hubby and pooch, as there's only so long I can be alone in a hotel!

I didn't spend too much as breakfast was included in the hotel, and the training course provided lunch. A colleague told me I could claim up to £10 back for my dinners so I'll be doing that!

Glad to hear all went well on your trip. Nothing like your own bed , DH and a pooch to come home to. Enjoy your weekend .
  • Lilith1980
    Glad to hear all went well on your trip. Nothing like your own bed , DH and a pooch to come home to. Enjoy your weekend .

Thanks Cumbria :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad all went well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    beanielou wrote: »
    Glad all went well :)

Thanks Beanie :)
  • Lilith1980
    Did the food shop at Aldi over the weekend. Wasn't as torturous as I expected! I don't think I'll ever like doing the monthly shop, but it saves us so much money to go there rather than home delivery from Tesco.

Hubby's mum's dog passed away Saturday evening. He was only seven; he had cancer :( Hubby is concerned that this may set his mum back as the pooch was great company for her. I think she feels a mixture of emotions, but one is relief as pooch lived well beyond the time he was meant to. There's nothing you can really say in those situations.

I know it's only late-January, but I'm counting down to our holiday in March already lol.
  • Sorry to hear the news of your MIL's dog Lilith. It's so sad when you lose a pet.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Lilith1980
    Thanks SSG, yes it's awful. I remember how numb I felt after Charlie had to be pts :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback