The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-)

Options

Comments

• Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    MV just stands for the Madvix - I'm a lazy typist :rotfl:
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    oooo thought it was some secret code.
    CRx
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,897 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooh, I fancy being a secret code! :)

Korean was not what I was expecting you to say either Crumpets! That sounds challenging! I'll tell DH about Lingodeer, he's always saying he fancies learning an Asian language.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• themadvix
    Options
    Crumpets wrote: »
    Our nearest ZW shop is about 40 minutes away so not local, I usually go once a month when I have to take dd1 in to the city for a lesson. I wish there was one in my nearest town, I'm half tempted to open one myself! :rotfl:
    Do it, do it do it!!! :rotfl: Although, on second thoughts, it might be tricky alongside home schooling.... Although a great educational opportunity! :T

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Crumpets
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    Do it, do it do it!!! :rotfl: Although, on second thoughts, it might be tricky alongside home schooling.... Although a great educational opportunity! :T

Yeah, not sure I could fit it in at the moment, I'm not sure child labour would go down well with the education authority :rotfl:
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Phew finally I can sit down for a proper update! this week/weekend has been a complete whirlwind! The first week back to normal after the school holidays always feels hectic, there's not enough time in the day to fit everything in. As expected all the invoices have come rolling in too :eek:

Yesterday we had an early start to get down to London for our day at Kidzan!a, which the kids loved, but was not cheap! :o it was a birthday treat for them all so the cost will be split between the birthdays fund and the holiday fund. We were all exhausted when we got home so it was an early night last night. Today we're trying to have a more chilled out day so we're rested for the week ahead. Saying that I've not stopped doing housework all morning as the house was a bombsite :eek: it's looking a bit more shipshape now (despite the huge den the children have built in the lounge:D) I've even got some washing on the line which is blowing away nicely :T

I have eventually got around to listing a bundle of toys on the bay. I had an offer for £20 come through almost immediately but I don't want to accept it when there is a whole week to go on the auction. I don't expect to get much more than that but I prefer auctions to offers. The money from this will go towards a birthday present for one of the dd's :T I still have 2 collectible teddy bears to list, I don't think they're worth much but I don't want to just give them away.

This morning I managed to get some mega cheap train tickets down to London for when we go to the Brits - £13 return each!! I've also booked us a travelodge, and we now have a friend coming so the room bill is being split which is a saving of £35 for me :T Sadly no nomination for dd's favourtie band, but I'm sure we'll still have a fantastic time :cool: :T
  • Crumpets
    Options
    wow to learning a new language, Korean was not what I was expecting you to write. What does MV stand for?
    CRx
    themadvix wrote: »
    Ooh, I fancy being a secret code! :)

Korean was not what I was expecting you to say either Crumpets! That sounds challenging! I'll tell DH about Lingodeer, he's always saying he fancies learning an Asian language.

Korean is definitely a challenge as there is a whole new alphabet to learn and it is just so different to the English language! I'm really enjoying it, I doubt I'll ever be able to use it in real life but it's certainly getting my brain working, which sometimes doesn't feel like it happens very often :o:p
  • Crumpets
    Options
    Another week been and gone! This must be the quickest January that I've ever known, it's whizzing by! I'm looking forward to February for 2 reasons, 1, it brings us closer to spring and 2, I can have a glass of wine :rotfl:

Lots of productive tings done this week that were on my to do list :T I've renewed my passport online, which was surprisingly easy! Plus we've booked our accommodation for our holiday this year, we got a discount for booking early, which saved us about £500 :T I've been enjoying watching Michael Portillo's latest series which gives you a clue about where we're going ;) I'm getting excited now :D We need to sort out a credit card for spending on while we're away now, so I'll be looking our for a good one.

It's been a pretty quite weekend, I didn't feel very well yesterday so I literally did nothing all day. Good old DH picked up the slack and let me have a rest :p I'm feeling better for having a rest but I'm still taking it easy today.

I did well on my ebay things this week, £35 made in total :T £9 is for dd1 as I sold something of hers and the rest will cover the cost of the riding boots I bought on the bay yesterday for dd2's birthday present :T I still have the teddy bears to list :cool:
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Well done on the ebay sales. Another one looking forward to spring
    CRx
  • themadvix
    Options
    Sorry, not a clue where Portillo is at the moment... and I've googled and can only see maybe Britain? Or Alaska/Canada (in which case, v. exciting!)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure