IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Me vs PCM UK (Heath Parade) - court stage

Comments

• mnkut
    mnkut Posts: 104 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2018 at 1:32PM
    Redx wrote: »
    you posted another thread last year about a similar issue, or the same issue

if this is a continuation of that previous thread then the 2 need merging

if this new thread is a different court claim to the previous thread, then its one topic , one thread and the 2 dont need merging

we believe you are talking about the same case that you did late last year, in which case you should add to that original thread with the new information and requests

help us to help you

The thread labelled "County Court Claim, is it too late?" is regarding the same Claimant PCM UK, however it is a different site, circumstances, parking ticket number and Defendant. I promise!

Sorry for the confusion.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    can I respectfullly suggest that you update that thread with the outcome then ?

also edit post #1 of this thread as it is misleading seeing as it says its your first time when clearly you have a previous thread about similar issues

it may well help in any replies given in this thread, seeing as this is a different case but you clearly have some knowledge of an MCOL and court due to that previous case late last year
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I'm confused now as to whether you've had a thread specifically about this location and case. Your username was so familiar so I probably presumed you'd posted a thread previously on this. And there has been a very recent Heath Parade case (last few weeks).

But you sure seem to know how to rack up private parking charges - 12 threads in the past 4 years! Is there something you're not 'getting' about private parking companies? :rotfl:
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    It's just DEFENCE
    In 1.2 you state
    I have reason to believe that this is a claim that will proceed without any facts or evidence supplied until the last possible minute, to my significant detriment as an unrepresented Defendant.
    .... and in 2. you state
    The Defendant has reason to believe that this claim will proceed without facts or evidence supplied until the last possible minute, a significant disadvantage to the unrepresented Defendant....
    This is repetition and also, you are switching between first and third person. I thought DEFENCE was third person and WITNESS STATEMENT was third person.
    Should you be naming the defendant on a public forum in 4.
  • mnkut
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    I'm confused now as to whether you've had a thread specifically about this location and case. Your username was so familiar so I probably presumed you'd posted a thread previously on this. And there has been a very recent Heath Parade case (last few weeks).

But you sure seem to know how to rack up private parking charges - 12 threads in the past 4 years! Is there something you're not 'getting' about private parking companies? :rotfl:

Yes I referenced the recent thread quite a lot was really helpful for the Defence Statement compiled above.

I've racked up 3 myself, but have gathered PR within family as the private parking ticket resolver haha. Can't say I know much.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    4. It is acknowledged that at all material times the defendant, xxxxxxxxx residing at xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the registered keeper of the vehicle in question.
    Eeek - remove the D's name and address from this forum version you posted!

:eek:

Also it's to be headed DEFENCE (not 'statement').
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mnkut
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    It's just DEFENCE
    In 1.2 you state
    .... and in 2. you state

This is repetition and also, you are switching between first and third person. I thought DEFENCE was third person and WITNESS STATEMENT was third person.
    Should you be naming the defendant on a public forum in 4.

Great spot, got to copy paste happy.
    Have now amended to remove repetition and maintain as third person.
  • mnkut
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Eeek - remove the D's name and address from this forum version you posted!

:eek:

Also it's to be headed DEFENCE (not 'statement').

How embarrassing! Removed
  • mnkut
    Redx wrote: »
    can I respectfullly suggest that you update that thread with the outcome then ?

also edit post #1 of this thread as it is misleading seeing as it says its your first time when clearly you have a previous thread about similar issues

it may well help in any replies given in this thread, seeing as this is a different case but you clearly have some knowledge of an MCOL and court due to that previous case late last year

Thanks
    • I have updated the previous thread with outcome
    • Have amended the original post to first time submitting a Defence
  • mnkut
    Morning all,

I have added a further point to the Defence after some further thread digging. Does this cover all bases?

Also does anyone know if the hearing date can be pushed forward in case the Defendant is away?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure