Lost item from easy jet hold

Comments

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Farwa33 wrote: »
    ...airline won t do anything as baggage handlers don t work for them directly. They are employed by the airports....

There s a principal-agent relationship between the airline and the baggage handlers.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    How can you even prove there was a £300 pair of sunglasses in the case?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,351
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    LadyDee wrote: »
    How can you even prove there was a £300 pair of sunglasses in the case?

How can you ever prove something has been stolen
  • maisie_cat
    maisie_cat Posts: 2,059
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Post
    Forumite
    I was at a BBQ the other week and somebody who works on ground at BA/LHR was bragging about the designer stuff left on planes that never make it to the lost property. His daughter now has a hoody that was left on a BA flight and retails at £300.
    Apparently it's a given that stuff is there to be stolen, I had no idea that people actually think that petty criminality is okay. You have no chance of getting anywhere, just buy a new pair and chalk it to expensive, sadly
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Luckily my experiences of leaving stuff on planes have had happy endings.

Wife left something on a Monarch plane at Birmingham. Got it back about six weeks later. I dropped my wallet on a plane at Changi and I had it back within an hour of reporting it. My wife realised that she had left an expensive jacket on the same plane when we arrived in Australia (a stewardess had moved it while she was sleeping). It was waiting for her when we arrived back in Singapore a month later.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,775
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Luckily my experiences of leaving stuff on planes have had happy endings.

Wife left something on a Monarch plane at Birmingham. Got it back about six weeks later. I dropped my wallet on a plane at Changi and I had it back within an hour of reporting it. My wife realised that she had left an expensive jacket on the same plane when we arrived in Australia (a stewardess had moved it while she was sleeping). It was waiting for her when we arrived back in Singapore a month later.
    I had a lucky experience too. I was on an Easyjet plane which was usually a transit/goods plane but had been temporarily converted to a passenger plane. My old Nokia phone slipped out of my hand and down a gap in the floor so I couldn't get to retrieve it. I reported it to the plane staff who took my details. A few days later, the plane had this temporary floor removed and they found my phone. Just by chance the wife of one of the Easyjet maintenance team worked near to me and she kindly delivered it back to my workplace.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Farwa33 wrote: »
    Any advise on what I should do? (

(Advice)

Well definitely get travel insurance, however you may have it already on a packaged bank account or credit card like Amex. Do you?
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    photome wrote: »
    How can you ever prove something has been stolen

Can be difficult. Travels Easy Jet but wears £300 sunglasses which conveniently disappear from a suitcase in the hold.
  • codger
    codger Posts: 2,079
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Can be difficult. Travels Easy Jet but wears £300 sunglasses which conveniently disappear from a suitcase in the hold.

Short-haul charter airlines go to many a destination that scheduled airlines don't. Or operate from UK airports at locations and times more convenient to the user.

We often fly British Airways and American Airlines but. . . so what? We live in the north of England and recently wished to go direct to Seville, Spain. The only flight available in terms of convenience and timing was ex-Manchester by Ryanair (which, incidentally, did an excellent job for £45 each.)

The operator which a customer chooses to fly with has absolutely no bearing at all on what that customer's net worth might be; I've flown British Airways Concorde Heathrow-Miami with the then cheapest of cheapo 35mm film cameras; I've also flown Jet2 Newcastle-Malaga with a £2,000 Nikon DSLR. :)
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,351
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite

Not sure what your point is.

Are you suggesting only a certain type of person flys with easy jet?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure