Sent in item to a shop, now ignoring me

Options
Hi so this seems ridiculous over a 30quid item but I sent an airsoft (bb gun) part in to a shop to be machined and customised, they advertise the service on the website and I have emails asking for them to send it in and also an email confirming they received it, this was over a month ago and since receiving the part they have gone silent, the only way to contact them is via email there is no phone number. I don't know what else to do, I was going to call it a loss but its playing on my mind and I'd like them to either return it or pay for it ASAP, I was told to come here and find a template letter threatening court action to post to them recorded but I have no idea where to find this

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    HazeyOne87 wrote: »
    Hi so this seems ridiculous over a 30quid item but I sent an airsoft (bb gun) part in to a shop to be machined and customised, they advertise the service on the website and I have emails asking for them to send it in and also an email confirming they received it, this was over a month ago and since receiving the part they have gone silent, the only way to contact them is via email there is no phone number. I don't know what else to do, I was going to call it a loss but its playing on my mind and I'd like them to either return it or pay for it ASAP, I was told to come here and find a template letter threatening court action to post to them recorded but I have no idea where to find this

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/taking-legal-action/small-claims/making-a-small-claim/

Edit: And don't post it via recorded delivery (even though it technically doesn't exist anymore anyway), send it via normal mail with proof of postage from a Post Office branch.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just google “Letter Before Action”.

It just needs to be a simple letter giving them way 14 days to return the item otherwise you will take them to court.

Which shop is it? People on here might be able to do some digging and find you a number.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Just curious to know, is it legal to machine/customise Airsoft guns? Aren't they classed as "Realistic imitation firearms" and very tightly controlled in terms of appearance, power output etc? (I suppose it depends what the work consists of and its effects).
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Many of these machining mods are to increase the energy of the gun which may then take them into a different category of weapon which is more highly restricted or licenced.
  • HazeyOne87
    Options
    Thanks alot I'll start the process.
    The modification will actually lower the output power of the bb and its fully legal, the purpose of the mod is to have less stress on the internals of the gearbox, my airsoft gun fires well below the UK limit already. The shop is airlab, a well known and respected company in UK airsoft so I'm surprised I'm having problems
  • mobileron
    mobileron Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i thought all UK websites had to have a phone contact number.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mobileron wrote: »
    You're using one which doesn't.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    mobileron wrote: »

No.
    There are some details that must be provided by businesses conducting online sales, but a phone number is not one of the requirements.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure