Low credit score

Comments

• Does having more than one bank account do more harm than good ? Or is it ok to have 2 ?
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    The only thing that builds a positive data history is to successfully manage the accounts that you currently have. This will be recorded on your three credit files. You want the evidence to show that you are a safe pair of hands, that you can be trusted to manage credit...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Ok so paying the phone contract every month and running the bank account normally will eventually raise my score ....I’ll stick with what I’ve got and give it time...hopefully it will start to increase ...thanks for all the help and advice given
  • You’re still going on about the score.

Ignore the score - lenders don’t care about or use it in lending decisions.

You need to allow time for everything to start building history.

Don’t get an overdraft.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Ashley0161 wrote: »
    Ok so paying the phone contract every month and running the bank account normally will eventually raise my score ....I’ll stick with what I’ve got and give it time...hopefully it will start to increase ...thanks for all the help and advice given
    You really need to stop focussing on your score...building positive data is all that's important...
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Ha ha sorry ....its just because when you log onto the credit report sites , it gives you the score and says VERY POOR :mad::mad::mad::
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ha ha sorry ....its just because when you log onto the credit report sites , it gives you the score and says VERY POOR :mad::mad::mad::

That's just the number they use to rate your file, just focus on your history.

Just be patient.
    Don't spend more than you earn.
  • Ashley0161 wrote: »
    Ha ha sorry ....its just because when you log onto the credit report sites , it gives you the score and says VERY POOR :mad::mad::mad::

Thanks ..I’m just gonna give it all time now....I need to stop checking my report for a while , and go back to it in a few months and see what’s changed / updated
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Thanks for replying ....I’ve been back since July ...at the address since July ...I have done the electoral roll and they have sent me a letter saying I will be added on the 1st November 2019 .....

Not currently being on the eletoral roll can be a problem. Things may get better when yur name appears there.
    Have you checked to ensure that your Lloyds account and your SIM only contract are actually being reported?
    One thing than can help individuals with a completely blank credit file is to use the Credit Builder option from Cashplus (or similar). This will NOT improve your ability to obtain credit as such and is not something I would generally recommend. However, in a specific case such as yours, it can help to put something on an otherwise blank credit file to bring the file into exisatance as it were.
    Suggest you re-apply for a credit builder card when you are on the ER. You may have better luck.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    Not currently being on the eletoral roll can be a problem. Things may get better when yur name appears there.
    Have you checked to ensure that your Lloyds account and your SIM only contract are actually being reported?
    One thing than can help individuals with a completely blank credit file is to use the Credit Builder option from Cashplus (or similar). This will NOT improve your ability to obtain credit as such and is not something I would generally recommend. However, in a specific case such as yours, it can help to put something on an otherwise blank credit file to bring the file into exisatance as it were.
    Suggest you re-apply for a credit builder card when you are on the ER. You may have better luck.

They already said they were, keep up Ben!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure