Missing Delivery

Options
Hi,
I'm wondering if someone could advise. I made two orders online. Both orders were delivered on the same day according to Royal Mail. However i never received either of them - i was away with work that day / night they said they delivered them. I suspect they were placed in our recycling bin and the bin was collected the next day - Royal mail seem to have a bad habit of doing this.

1) One company Superdrug have been lovely, they said they couldn't verify it was received by us even though its marked as delivered, and replaced the full order really quickly.

2) The second company Boots have not been as helpful. I chased them today and got the following reply:
'Thanks for contacting us at Boots.com. I'm sorry to hear that you have not received an update on your Missing and Damaged Goods Declaration Form and I appreciate you letting me know. I have looked into this for you and unfortunately the form has been rejected by our Digital Operations team on the grounds that the Royal Mail tracking says the parcel has been delivered. Additionally Royal Mail have advised that the Delivery Officer has confirmed this was delivered to the address (based on GPS).'

Can i do anything in this situation? Do i have any rights?

Thanks for your help

C

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,449 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You could try contacting bank/card provider to action a non receipt chargeback.

It might reject, but in reality they need to prove delivery. Usually this is signed proof, not just RM say so.

Flat or house?

But if it was placed in a bin etc, then you should have had a card through the letterbox.
    Life in the slow lane
  • clairb
    Options
    Hi
    Yes i might try that. Thank you.
    I live in a house and the recycling bin is on the drive way at the front of the house. I do know what you mean about a card but have no recollection of one.
    By the time i'd clocked that they hadn't arrived any cards would have been thrown out, or could have been mistaken for other deliveries. Really annoying.
    Thanks again
  • Your local delivery office should be able to confirm the GPS data and if correct they should speak to the postman. If they confirm it was left in the recycling bin ask them to put that in writing and send it to Boots.

If Royal Mail are leaving your post in an unsafe place on multiple occasions you should complain about this to your delivery office (or speak to the postman if you have opportunity).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure