Edinburgh attractions and things to do (merged)

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'll be there just to see the Red Hot Chilli Pipers, thanks for posting this!
  • I'll be there just to see the Red Hot Chilli Pipers, thanks for posting this!

Me too, what time will they be on?
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • Edinburghlass_2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Me too, what time will they be on?

I'm assuming towards 5.00 pm, I'll see if I can find out more.

http://www.nms.ac.uk/celebration_weekend_sunday_events.aspx

edited to add I just checked and they are on from 4.15 to 4.45 :)
  • MrsMop
    MrsMop Posts: 413
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Anyone know any good places to stay in Leith? - Hotels or guesthouses that dont have a minimum 2 or 3 night stay as I only want to go for one night!
    Good Enough Club Member No 39

• Little_Star_3
    Little_Star_3 Posts: 385 Forumite
    does any one know where I am allowed to have a bbq in Edinburgh...don't have a garden, and the meadows is suppose to be a no no for bbqs...

The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart.
    -- Josiah G. Holland
  • lig
    lig Posts: 115 Forumite
    dont know in city itself but you can book one at vogrie country park just outside Dalkeith very good place to spend time with kids too.
    Dalkeith country park dont mind if you take along your own to the big car park either again great assault courses for childrenso a good day out
  • scurr
    scurr Posts: 295 Forumite
    Sandaig Guest House in Leith is brilliant - not expensive, great breakfasyt, on bus route and the rooms are lovely
  • out of interest does anyone know if the Edinburgh Pass is 24 hours from time of purchase, or you can only use it until the end of the day it was dispensed? The reason I ask, there are lots of exhibtions I would like to see, amongst the camera obscura, a murder mystery (think we're gonna do the Auld Reekie one (though I wanted to do the Witchery one :( ), the 3d loch ness film on at the mo - they're th main ones.

We don't really want to buy a 2 day pass as we'll be there from 1pm on Thursday until 5pm on Friday - as you can see we have a few things planned, but I know it will take a while to go round things and to get between galleries etc etc. We're gonna be knackered! hehe

thanks! :)
    "The future needs a big kiss"
  • Edinburghlass_2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Be careful with the Edinburgh Pass as it only covers what might be called the "second rate" attractions so do work out if its worth it. There are vouchers in a bus booklet at the moment that you can pick up which gives 10% off Britannia but thats the only one I can remember off hand. (I'll find it in a minute and come back) but absolutely loads of free street entertainment just now with the Festival being on.

The Witchery tour really is the best one but second to that I recommend Mary Kings Close.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Take it back only 2 discounts Britannia and the Dungeon, the booklet is called Welcome to Edinburgh a free guide with detailed city maps, but I'm sure you'll find others at the tourist office and check the back of any bus tickets too.

There is a https://www.royaledinburghticket.co.uk for £36 which covers the tourist bus (open top, not advisable at the moment as its pouring with rain) for 2 days, Edinburgh Castle, Holyroodhouse and Britannia.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure