Pre existing Medical conditions travel insurance

Options
I am a Patient Representative on the Wessex Academic Health Science network AF programme (AF = Atrial Fibrillation as well as being a coordinator of Patient Support Group Meetings for the AF/Heart Rhythm Charities.

The subject of Travel Insurance (and pre-existing medical conditions like AF) was proposed and supported by members as a possible topic for discussion at a future meeting. (The meeting I’m thinking about will take place on Tuesday 24th September between 5.30 and 7.30pm). This meeting will be held in Andover (Hampshire) at the War Memorial Hospital. A typical audience is between 20 and 30 AF patients/carers – typically in their sixties – c/w a couple of AF clinicians (Doctors).

My question to you and following recent discussion with Mike Hallam at BIBA that did not resolve my request, is can MSE identify anyone (i.e. perhaps <via> Tony Forchione or Johanna Noble) who would be able to give a talk on how best to go about obtaining the necessary pre-existing medical condition travel insurance? I envisage the presenter covering some of the topics detailed in the ‘MSE Guide’, but also being able to answer a range of questions from the audience.

The gatherings are informal and interactive. Notes of the meeting are always posted onto the Charities’ websites and there is always the possibility that the information (accredited to MSE) could for a short period of time feature on such as the home or latest news pages.

Please let me know if this is something you would be willing to help with. If you can get back to me to confirm you are interested in principle I will then make contact to agree the specifics.

Thank you in anticipation

Tony Corbin AFA PSG Coordinator

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You're aware this forum isn't MSE as an entity, but a random collection of anonymous individuals, some of whom are not what they present themselves to be?
    Any offers you get may or may not be from someone making it up as they go along.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Tony_Corbin
    Options
    Well, I guess that's what you are saying Elsien - 'caveat-emptor'? That's simply the nature of a forum I guess. I will add that I am genuine!

I just hope I will see some replies that help me achieve my aim. TC
  • NoodleDoodleMan
    Options
    Perhaps it would be more appropriate to approach ABI and ask one of their bigger members to provide a speaker ?

https://www.abi.org.uk/

Ageas UK is based in Hampshire.
  • Tony_Corbin
    Options
    Thank you ND man! I did originally approach BIBA (Brokers) but it yielded very little. I will try ABI and the Ageas suggestion makes geographic sense. Cheers TC
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure