department restructure redundancy/alternative employment

Hi,
Current role has been selected for possible redundancy.

There is a department restructure which will mean that posts under their current job description are being made redundant, but the jobs themselves are being renamed and include amended duties.

How much of the current role/job description has to be made redundant or can they just include new duties to call it a different name?

Current job role has excessive work load with the merge of 2 jobs into 1 work will increase even more where do you stand if this is the case?

Thanks for any help appreciate it!

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    You use the consultation to highlight the hours are insufficient to complete the workload.

Don't fall into the trap of applying for jobs they should be offering suitable alternativees.

The law does interfere with how companies structure their business.
  • Had first consultation meeting today, as I thought 3 jobs available so 5 peoples jobs have been merged into 3. Comparing current job specification to new one all current main tasks are on new role with addition of 4 new tasks and only 2 tasks moved. The 2 tasks moved have been added to one of the other roles available. None of the current job is getting made redundant. It is increasing work load more than it was, currently 2 people do this job for different brands in the company, moving forward only 1 person will for all the brands? How can they get a way with this?
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    If they are removing 2 people then that redundancy, pooling people that can do the jobs is fair.

If you don't like the jobs on offer take the redundancy,

Get everyone to refuse the jobs and see what they do then.
  • I would love everyone to refuse jobs be in a right mess then!

job is pretty much what i do now but with added bits from current managers role. (manager is moving to new role in business confirmed before we were given possible redundancy notice) There are currently 2 of us doing same job for different brands moving forward work load will be doubled 1 person doing all the brands.

Are you still entitled to redundancy if you don't apply for the 'new role' or do you have to have reasonable grounds why its not a suitable offer for you?
    Thanks
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,544
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If an alternative role is offered which would be considered suitable for you, and you refuse it, then you are deemed to have resigned and thus not entitled to redundancy.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Thanks so I'd have to go down route of applying for the role, if successful with position and it is excessive work load can you have grounds to appeal? Currently stressed with work load as it is.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport