Disciplinary Letter

hi all,

i got a disciplinary results letter and i noticed that they got the wrong date of the hearing and also they got the wrong name of the note taker.
is the letter still valid with those mistakes?

thanks

Comments

• Do you mean is the outcome still valid even with the mistakes in the letter? I'd say yes but obviously you need to point out the mistakes. Should you decide to appeal the outcome or take further action, then you need to the letter and its contents to be factually correct.
    £2 Savers Club for 2019 #11. Target = £250 by July
  • kanosam
    kanosam Posts: 48 Forumite
    yes, i meant is the outcome still valid.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes, of course it is. It changes nothing .
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,453 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Yes the outcome is valid, but they do need to re-issue the notification with the correct dates. However, it does make you wonder about the whole process if they get such basic facts wrong.
  • kanosam
    thanks everyone for your reply.
  • kanosam
    if the main witness broke down and admitted lying on the original statement.
    can the person doing the disciplinary withhold that and carry on regardless?
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,453 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    kanosam wrote: »
    if the main witness broke down and admitted lying on the original statement.
    can the person doing the disciplinary withhold that and carry on regardless?

If the ONLY witness admitted lying then there would be no case to answer, but you say the 'main witness' which suggests there was also other evidence. That being the case then they can carry on.
  • kanosam
    TELLIT01,

thank you very much!
    the "main witness" was the person involved in the alleged incident..., that's what i meant to say.
    they said i was in the area when the incident happened but then admitted that i arrived 10 mins after.

i wasn't offered to see any CCTV evidence either. i din't see any statements from anyone else either.
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If new evidence has come to light then you may be able to appeal the original decision, if you are within the time allowed.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • kanosam
    TBagpuss,

unfortunately, i missed the deadline, this was the first disciplinary i've been in and my head was allover the place as i knew i did nothing wrong.
    i've been told i could take a grievance out on the grounds of his dishonesty??? knowing about the new evidence but carrying on regardless.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure