Vodafone High speed transition problems

I recently switched from Plusnet normal broadband to Vodafone high speed, as advised not this site and using the price comparison here.
I was not aware...

- I agreed to changing my phone number (It’s only for emergencies and in a bedroom) but I have been given one that belonged to a care home and am getting several calls a day. I complained but need to wait until I can switch back. Kicking myself!

- The speed is not quick and varies considerably. I have had problems with my work- clients being cut off, websites not loading, videos stopping. I waited a few days before complaining (it says in Vodafone’s info that it might take a while to settle but when I called I was told the ‘settling’ period is FORTEEN DAYS!

- The customer service person I’m talking to is lovely and has tried another setting to speed it up but I now have to try this new setting for another week (And they are arranging my old number to be returned). None of the tests I have done come anywhere near the promised levels

- I understand I can switch again within a month without penalty but I rely on the internet and I this is all taking far too long and having too big an impact. I was under the impression that the promised speeds meant the supplier knew they could deliver this, not that I would be in an experiment!

I would like more information on the transition alongside the switching info here. Or am I the only one?!

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If it is work then really you need a business service not home users .
    Ten to fourteen days for line to sync is correct .

Are you testing speed the correct way that is not over WiFi.
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Debbier wrote: »
    And they are arranging my old number to be returned
    This is good of Vodafone because other posters here have complained that, when their new provider failed to port their landline number as promised, the provider basically says "tough" and that their old number is lost.
  • Pikeyp
    Pikeyp Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I switched from Virgin to Vodafone late last year and as I recall it only took a couple of hours or so to settle down ... I've had no problems and happy with the service so far!

One thing I have done is ditch the Vodafone modem/router and replace it with another ... an ASUS DSL-AC68U ... much better wi-fi coverage, so that's something you could consider further down the line ...

Here's a post on the Vodafone support forums that explains more ...

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/HOW-TO-Use-a-third-party-router-on-Vodafone-VDSL/td-p/2561925
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure