Baggage Delay

I'm wondering where we stand on this..
Took a flight from the UK to (Amsterdam)(Singapore) Sydney. We arrived on time in Sydney but our baggage hasn't.
We've been told they can deliver it to the hotel we're booked in to (for 1 night) on tomorrows flight when it comes in which will (hopefully) have our luggage.

Now. as we've only booked a hotel for 1 night originally, but now had to extend that to 2 nights due to waiting for the luggage to arrive, where do I stand ?
Should my airline be paying for this ? We only have the clothes we're standing in for the last 27 hours.
Any advice is appreciated and thanks in advance.

BTW my airline hasnt contacted me at all to even apologize yet and its now some 18 hours since.

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    nickyotron wrote: »
    Now. as we've only booked a hotel for 1 night originally, but now had to extend that to 2 nights due to waiting for the luggage to arrive, where do I stand ?
    Should my airline be paying for this ? We only have the clothes we're standing in for the last 27 hours.

no - you don't need to extend your stay and wait for baggage, you update your new forwarding address for the baggage to be delivered to.
    Were you not advised when you made your report that you should purchase essential items and keep receipts for reimbursement? - you should at least get a change of clothes and toiletries.
    If you have been given a worldtracer reference, you should be able to keep an eye on the status of the report online.
    The airline itself likely has had no part in the delay...baggage handling is generally handled by airport staff so could have missed the connection in AMS or SIN.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure