small double (4ft) duvet and bedding

Options
There seems to be lots of small double beds for sale but I'm having trouble finding small double duvets and bedding. I know it is probably because people just use double but I have a particular reason for buying some, i.e. the bed is next to the wall with little room for tuck in. Anyone seen any at reasonable prices, please?

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 5 April 2019 at 4:55AM
    Options
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I assumed you meant fitted bed sheet?

I don't think there is small double duvet.
  • sarah1972
    Options
    Cisco001 wrote: »
    I assumed you meant fitted bed sheet?

I don't think there is small double duvet.

There are small double duvets available along with covers and sheets.

One company that does duvets here https://linencupboard.co.uk/collections/small-double/products/small-double-essential-summer-weight-4-5-tog-duvets
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    There are small double duvets available along with covers and sheets.

One company that does duvets here https://linencupboard.co.uk/collections/small-double/products/small-double-essential-summer-weight-4-5-tog-duvets

It may exist, but why would you pay £35 for "small double but longer" hollow fibre duvet, when a standard double with 200cm x 200cm is only £10?

Also, it would be difficult to find a duvet cover on high street as well.
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    We have a small double and the bed is next to a wall. We don't bother buying small double bedding. The normal double isn't a problem to be honest. A little overhang for duvet is fine and to be honest it's nice to have the extra material to either share with OH or to be able to cocoon when in bed alone. The bed sheet is easy to tuck in the extra. Why pay much more money for a 'special' made item?
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • sarah1972
    Options
    It may exist, but why would you pay £35 for "small double but longer" hollow fibre duvet, when a standard double with 200cm x 200cm is only £10?

Also, it would be difficult to find a duvet cover on high street as well.

I agree with you totally but the OP has said that she requires a small duvet and bedding for the reasons she stated in her post.
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies. I've decided to stick with a lightweight (7.5 tog) duvet from Ikea (£12), figuring it would be easier to manage than the heavier duvet I've been trying to tuck in. I was also lucky enough to find a double duvet cover which will look good in the room, reduced to £5 so, I'll give that a go for the moment.
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options

I’d be tempted. Currently have to choose between having warm shoulders or warm feet.
  • lurkylurky
    lurkylurky Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    Dunelm Mill have small double fitted sheets for less than £10. Bought a couple for DS when he started uni. Still going strong 18 months later. We bought a small double mattress protector from eBay.
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a couple of small double fitted sheets from John Lewis last year, reduced in sale. They certainly were value for money but they are fuschia pink and don't go with my current d!cor which is ochre and grey.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure