Weight Watchers Support

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Well done Dorothy:T:T. Doesn't it feel great when you can see it working, feeling those lbs of fat just melting away.

I also couldn't wait to pop myself on the scales this morning......looks like another 1lb if the scales are right.

You know what I'm really looking forward to.......buying nice underwear. ;)

Pretty bras, lacy nicks, teddies, gorgeous nighties.....wafting around my boudoir in a beautiful negligee set.......who cares if I'm a solo and no one will see me. I will see me.

And I will know that under the "sensible" top clothes there are some seriously frivolous and gorgeous scraps of lace. Although I intend to ditch a lot of the "sensible" clothes too. ;)

Looking forward to saying hello to my inner fashionista.:rotfl:
  • Dorothy60
    Dorothy60 Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Yes LL, it DOES feel great, and I am so looking forward to my first half stone loss, just as you have recently celebrated. I know that we all dress well for our size, but clothes look so much nicer on me when all the lumps are smoothed out lol

Going shopping tonight and am going to get some of that SKYR yoghurt you mentioned - want to introduce some more free food and I don't eat enough fruit so that will be on my shopping list.

I wish now that I had taken a before photo - last year when I was at my heaviest, so that I could compare, but tbh I couldn't bear to look in a mirror much less take a selfie

I am going to make some lovely shift dresses for the summer, not body con but with darts, to celebrate my lump free new bod to be lol
  • lessonlearned
    Good morning everyone.

Hope you are all well, feeling positive and staying on track. For saying I've not had much sleep these last few nights - no reason - guess I'm just "wired" I actually feel full of beans and energy. Must be all this good wholesome food. All that fruit and vegetables.

I haven't touched bread in over a week and my tummy is thanking me for it. My son cooked me a delicious lasagne last night and normally I would pay for eating all that pasta. I would end up with IBS but I feel fine today. Mind I won't push my luck......no more pasta for a while.

I have been out quite a bit this week. It's quite a challenge to keep on plan. I'm going out again on Sunday and I have used up my weekly points allowance. All I can do is try and save a few daily points. I'll try and stick to free or very low point meals for the next few days.

Keeping busy. Have started phase 3 or maybe that's 4 of the Kondo Klear Out Kampaign. So will do some more today whilst also doing some batch cooking.

Have a great day y'all.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm back! Seems like everyone is doing well.

I have deliberately not been sticking to my WW points and not even doing my one hour walks everyday to see if the Levothyroxine (thyroid medication) was working or not.

I counted my points yesterday and I ate 40 WW points instead of what I was doing before 26 WW points a day.:D

I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm still 12 and a half stone so that shows it is working as I should have gained weight back.

I'm going to start WW again today.

I tried on a dress today, it's a skater style dress from a charity shop from George that I dyed red. It looks too tight around my stomach so I'm going to see if I can lose 1-2 pounds by the concert next week. I will be able to see if the dress looks better by next week.

I've only had my herbal drink, warm lemon water and then a glass of sparkling water with a banana.

It's a gorgeous sunny day here so I'm going for a walk and also to pick up some avocado, salad and fruit from the shop.

I will see what I fancy eating when I get back.

I have the last of a very low calorie veggie soup in the fridge, all veggies, herbs and just one potato to thicken it up. It made three servings.
  • Wednesday2000
    I did an hour of walking just now.

I'm going to have a soup and a salad for brunch.

Lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, cherry tomatoes with lemon juice, a teaspoon of vegan mayo and one sliced avocado. I know the avocado is a lot of points (6, I think) but it has healthy fats.

The veggie soup is 1 point.

:T
  • Dorothy60
    Dorothy60 Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Oooh your brunch sounds delish, Wenesday. Great news that the thyroxene is not sabotaging your weight loss. I have had my dosage reduced from 100 to 75 and I worried that it would slow my weight loss down, but it doesn't seem to have. I got weighed yesterday and again today and have lost another 1lb, so that's 3 in 8 days which I am thrilled with.

Need to start eating more fruit and veg - but have made some HM leak and potato soup which was delish, and am going to do cauliflower cheese soup as well

It really is helping me having my diet buddy's - extremely motivating

GO US
  • Wednesday2000
    Dorothy60 wrote: »
    Need to start eating more fruit and veg - but have made some HM leak and potato soup which was delish, and am going to do cauliflower cheese soup as well

Well done on the weight loss. Soups are great aren't they as they are so filling. I even eat soups in the summer months.:p

I just joined another forum called MiniMins.com as they have a whole section about WW. I'm Wednesday2000 on there too.;)
  • lessonlearned
    No walking but I've been working like a demon.......kondoing, humphing furniture around, extreme housework...,,,that counts as exercise surely. It's really physical work.

Going to do myself some lunch now and then have a rest. Might do a bit more furniture shifting later but don't want to overdo it and strain my back. Might leave it till tomorrow.

Loving the soup ideas.......

I'm having Mainly Mushroom Courgetti for lunch (a veggi, no pasta version of spaghetti bolognese of my own concoction:rotfl:). Then chicken korma (home made so not too bad for points) with cauliflower rice for dinner.

I have plenty of fruit in for snacks. I allow myself a couple of crackers with either pate or low fat cream cheese for supper before bed.

I will be honest and say I don't like avocados, I think it's the texture. Shame because as you say although they are relatively high in points they are full of good healthy fats and nutrients.

I think that when it comes to points I would rather use them on healthy stuff like cheese, fats or as you do, avocadaos and of course, some nice chocolate or maybe even a glass of wine. I guess I'm just lucky in that I can take or leave puddings, cakes and biscuits.

Although I do enjoy an occasional florentine buscuit or a couple of lotus biscuits. But i do try not to indulge too often. Its not just because of now doing WW but because of my blood sugar levels.

There was an interesting programme on tv last night about obesity. It talked about visceral fat.......the dangerous stuff that wraps itself around your internal organs. Even skinny Minnie's can have too much visceral fat. My sons blood sugar levels have started creeping up and he looks like an advert for oxfam he is so skinny. So obviously he has too much visceral fat. Now he knows, he is working hard to get back in control.

Well done Dorothy......great stuff. And glad to see you back Wednesday.

We can do this.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon girlies.You're all doing so well:T
    I'm loving the WW programme, n the apps great now I've got used to it ;)
    Just off to pick up some new bathroom scales lol :j
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Wednesday2000
    I was looking on that MiniMins forum and they have a section in the WW bit with before and after photos.

Wow, most of them look like completely different people after the weight loss.:T

Interesting to look at.:)
    I will be honest and say I don't like avocados, I think it's the texture. Shame because as you say although they are relatively high in points they are full of good healthy fats and nutrients.

I think quite a lot of people have a problem with avocado and I can understand why.

I am like that with mushrooms, sometimes I like them but sometimes the texture of them creeps me out.
    candygirl wrote: »
    Just off to pick up some new bathroom scales lol :j

I was going to buy some new scales that measure body fat but the reviews on Amazon were quite mixed.

What one did you buy?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure