Warning - Zeek in receivership

Comments

• Anyone who has successfully claimed the money back?
    I've got £220 in the account still :(
  • I'm awaiting forms from Sainsbury's Bank under Section 75 rule as I loaded £100+ at a time via credit card. I have taken screenshots of zeek website to show my balance and the 'purchase failed" screen when I try to spend it. Hope to get something back!
  • I withdrew from my Quidco bonus over £150 and couldn't get anything to work on zeekshop, now I know why!

I also have the zeek app, and just tried to see if it would sell me a giftcard, obviously didn't go fully through but it does looks like it would have let me proceed!
    :beer:
  • Thanks Krakan.

I've logged on to my Zeek app and took screenshots of the gift cards in my 'wallet' - x3 Mitchells & Butlers Dining out card vouchers totalling £85.

Just ran those gift card codes/pins on their website checker tool https://www.showmybalance.com/login.aspx and they're all valid, so no worries.

Thanks for the heads up.

Russ
  • How could you guys get access to the account? I can only log in via email, but they stopped sending me log in emails now so I'm stuck. Can't access the account at all!! What can I do?
  • I'm in the same boat. I signed up via email, and due to the dodgy way their login process works (you don't have a password, you have to request an email activation link each tim) I can't get into my account. Note that I tried this via the web and the iOS app; no activation link arrives.

I raised a helpdesk ticket last week, but no response as of yet.

I had something like £400 in credit, as I transferred Quidco balance.

Has anyone had any luck with the "sign in by email" route?
  • I note, with thanks, MSE Naomi's update today to her article regarding the above. Regrettably there is nothing to be gained now by addressing any questions to Zeek itself - the company is, we understand, in Receivership and accordingly the Receiver, not the previous management, now has full legal executive control over all of the company's functions. Anyone with a credit balance on their Zeek account or who has paid for a gift card and not received it or who has sold a gift card and not been paid for it is an unsecured creditor of Zeek. Unfortunately It is not the responsibility of the Receiver to deal with the claims of unsecured creditors. That will be the responsibility of any subsequently appointed Liquidator who will normally be appointed once the Receivership is completed. This is likely to be the reason the Receiver is not responding to any queries from creditors. However, what is very disturbing about this particular situation is that a number of people have unused gift cards sitting in their Zeek "wallets" that they now cannot access and therefore cannot use. Such cards, that have been fully paid for, are now the property of the customer who paid for them. They do not belong to Zeek and therefore the Receiver of Zeek has no right to retain them. In a Receivership situation such "third-party assets", as they are known, need to be returned to their legal owners. It is therefore of very considerable concern indeed that the Receiver is not enabling or permitting the owners of these paid-for gift cards access to them. This appears, in effect, to be tantamount to theft. It is also of very considerable concern that the Receiver is failing to even respond to requests regarding these third-party asset paid-for gift cards.
    in view of the seriousness of the above I would like to request that perhaps this matter could kindly be escalated within, and by, MSE and possibly be given greater publicity. Perhaps some form of action could be taken or pressure brought to bear by MSE and /or Martin personally in an attempt to persuade the Receiver in the Israeli law firm involved to resolve this and permit the legally rightful access to the paid-for gift cards.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Simon100 wrote: »
    I note, with thanks, MSE Naomi's update today to her article regarding the above. Regrettably there is nothing to be gained now by addressing any questions to Zeek itself - the company is, we understand, in Receivership and accordingly the Receiver, not the previous management, now has full legal executive control over all of the company's functions. Anyone with a credit balance on their Zeek account or who has paid for a gift card and not received it or who has sold a gift card and not been paid for it is an unsecured creditor of Zeek. Unfortunately It is not the responsibility of the Receiver to deal with the claims of unsecured creditors. That will be the responsibility of any subsequently appointed Liquidator who will normally be appointed once the Receivership is completed. This is likely to be the reason the Receiver is not responding to any queries from creditors. However, what is very disturbing about this particular situation is that a number of people have unused gift cards sitting in their Zeek "wallets" that they now cannot access and therefore cannot use. Such cards, that have been fully paid for, are now the property of the customer who paid for them. They do not belong to Zeek and therefore the Receiver of Zeek has no right to retain them. In a Receivership situation such "third-party assets", as they are known, need to be returned to their legal owners. It is therefore of very considerable concern indeed that the Receiver is not enabling or permitting the owners of these paid-for gift cards access to them. This appears, in effect, to be tantamount to theft. It is also of very considerable concern that the Receiver is failing to even respond to requests regarding these third-party asset paid-for gift cards.
    in view of the seriousness of the above I would like to request that perhaps this matter could kindly be escalated within, and by, MSE and possibly be given greater publicity. Perhaps some form of action could be taken or pressure brought to bear by MSE and /or Martin personally in an attempt to persuade the Receiver in the Israeli law firm involved to resolve this and permit the legally rightful access to the paid-for gift cards.

Simon

For any action to be taken you have to tell people eg tell Martin.
  • Is there anyway I could access the gift cards I've purchase on the website? I didn't think to record them down...
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Simon100 wrote: »
    ....However, what is very disturbing about this particular situation is that a number of people have unused gift cards sitting in their Zeek "wallets" that they now cannot access and therefore cannot use. Such cards, that have been fully paid for, are now the property of the customer who paid for them. They do not belong to Zeek and therefore the Receiver of Zeek has no right to retain them. In a Receivership situation such "third-party assets", as they are known, need to be returned to their legal owners. It is therefore of very considerable concern indeed that the Receiver is not enabling or permitting the owners of these paid-for gift cards access to them. This appears, in effect, to be tantamount to theft. It is also of very considerable concern that the Receiver is failing to even respond to requests regarding these third-party asset paid-for gift cards.

Yes this is exactly my concern, although i have £17.30 in Zeek credit, I have a much larger amount tied up in gift cards already in my wallet that I now cannot access.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure