Stash Busting 2019 - I WILL use my mountains of craft stash before buying more!

Options

Comments

• osbornbiscuit
    Options
    Can I join please? I have a small box room that is overflowing with fabric, wool and bits of craft that I wanted to learn. Unfortunately I volunteer at a charity shop and am known as the knitting lady so people bring bags of wool in for me and I put a donation in the tin. I do knit for several charities including a premature baby group, and cuddle dolls and twiddle muffs and a refugee group so I am constantly knitting something. I have tried putting it into boxes to make it look a bit tidier but I never turn wool away from anyone. I love knitting premature baby and dolls clothes for the cuddle dolls as they knit up so quick but the call went out for jumpers and cardigans for older children and they take a bit longer. Oh and I also knit blankets for our local dogs rescue ( in chunky so they knit up quick)
    The fabric arrived as I was given a sewing machine 2 years ago and finally got around to unpacking it last year and locating the youtube video on how to thread and use it so this year will be using the bl...dy thing. I have the patterns and the material just need the motivation.
    I will aim for 15 per month and see how that goes. Wish me luck
  • Wraithlady
    Options
    Oooh nimbo I love gin so I'll be round in a couple of weeks then :)

Probably shouldn't mention my collection of home-made steeps going back to 2010 then.... :)
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    shish100 wrote: »
    Can I join in please? I have a large amount of fabric, a couple of pieces are bought for specific projects. and most is left over pieces. I intend on making a dent in my stash, as I am running out of room for any more fabric!

I am going to aim for 30 items. I have a couple of dresses to make and these always take me some time. So I have gone for a lower target.

of course you can and welcome :) Happy stashbusting :)
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Can I join please? I have a small box room that is overflowing with fabric, wool and bits of craft that I wanted to learn. Unfortunately I volunteer at a charity shop and am known as the knitting lady so people bring bags of wool in for me and I put a donation in the tin. I do knit for several charities including a premature baby group, and cuddle dolls and twiddle muffs and a refugee group so I am constantly knitting something. I have tried putting it into boxes to make it look a bit tidier but I never turn wool away from anyone. I love knitting premature baby and dolls clothes for the cuddle dolls as they knit up so quick but the call went out for jumpers and cardigans for older children and they take a bit longer. Oh and I also knit blankets for our local dogs rescue ( in chunky so they knit up quick)
    The fabric arrived as I was given a sewing machine 2 years ago and finally got around to unpacking it last year and locating the youtube video on how to thread and use it so this year will be using the bl...dy thing. I have the patterns and the material just need the motivation.
    I will aim for 15 per month and see how that goes. Wish me luck

Its great to have you onboard osbornbiscuit :) Wishing you all the luck in the world with your stash busting (don't worry your stash still doesn't match mine yet - I have filled a whole house!
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Wraithlady wrote: »
    Probably shouldn't mention my collection of home-made steeps going back to 2010 then.... :)

ooooh its been a tough day today - I'll be round in about 10 minutes Wraithlady ;)
  • craftingmad
    Options
    So how is everyone getting on? I've moved my total up to 26/2019 so I really must try harder but at least some progress is better than no progress! I've made some sticker sheets, spiralbound books using my cinch and a couple of birthday cards so I'm edging towards my total but really must pull my socks up and get into gear if I'm going to meet my target this year!

I ordered lots of crafty goodies in the sales at the end of last year (I've still been really good and not spent anything on craft supplies this year yet - promise!) but have been really good today and returned about half of what I ordered and am just waiting for my refunds to hit my bank account. Not only do I have more pennies in my pocket but I also don't have to find room for those items too in my already bulging house!

I think I may be turning a corner - lets see how long it can last!
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 10 January 2019 at 8:29PM
    Options
    Hi there, can I rejoin please? I didn't get very far last year with real life getting in the way. I did start some projects though and so have finished off one and sent it on its way to a friend in need. Its a simple crocheted granny kneeblanket, one big square of yellow, red, green and pink.

I am putting myself down for 12 projects as last year i only managed one. If I get the second blanket finished that I started before Christmas I will already surpass last years total :rotfl:
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • craftingmad
    Options
    bit_by_bit wrote: »
    Hi there, can I rejoin please? I didn't get very far last year with real life getting in the way. I did start some projects though and so have finished off one and sent it on its way to a friend in need. Its a simple crocheted granny kneeblanket, one big square of yellow, red, green and pink.

I am putting myself down for 12 projects as last year i only managed one. If I get the second blanket finished that I started before Christmas I will already surpass last years total :rotfl:

Its great to have you on board bit by bit :)

Don't beat yourself up over not hitting last years target - any progress is fabulous in my eyes :)

I can't wait to hear about your progress this year -Good luck :)
  • craftingmad
    Options
    I'm back to declare another 5 makes towards my total taking me to 31/2019 :) Its going up slowly!

The five items were made up of two sticker sheets and three more spiral bound books - once I made one I just cant seem to stop - at least its using my stash up :)

How's everyone else getting on -no stash buying yet?
  • Wraithlady
    Options
    Well, I haven't bought any more stash (though I am tempted by a new pair of pinking shears) but I'm having my usual dither about projects so haven't actually finished anything yet.

I'm presently knitting a jumper - it's cable, and I knit slightly slower than continental drift, so I'm not expecting to finish it anytime soon (I've had it for 2 years, no need to rush things!). I also have a skirt recycled from an old denim maxi dress - it's pretty much pinned up and ready to go, just need to sew it.

Unfortunately, I'm also wanting to make myself a denim pouffe/footrest thing, having uncovered my stash of old jeans.......

No, I will be strong and knit tonight in front of the telly, and drag the sewing machine out tomorrow to sew the skirt.
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family