Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Not having realised I was at end of my offers I phoned sky .35 minutes waiting for an agent to even connect with me .Offered 25o/o off original package and same of line rental .Broadband runs until November so was told I would need to ring again .Last bill was over £58 as I did not realise offers were ended . They were always more than agreed amount apart from one month . ,Result after being with Sky from the beginning in different homes there was no compromise and my broadband and phone are cancelled I have the 25o/o off original tv left but feel I should cancel it in cooling off period ,Feel as a disabled Oap very let down by Sky No reward for loyalty at all .Any advice appreciated .
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 July 2016 at 11:38AM
    What you should have done was cancel the tv, then negotiate the bb/phone later. You would very likely have been offered 50% off tv on cancellation.

If you cancel broadband and phone before your minimum period ends,you will incur a cease charge on the broadband and have to be without while choosing another provider. You can get a cease charge even after the minimum term if you don't instruct another company to take over.

If your monthly payments were more than agreed, this could be because you don't have a fixed price calls package.

There is no 'reward' for loyalty , as they expect you to leave then have to bribe you to stay. This is to their advantage, as some people (obviously not members of this site) just carry on paying the full price.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    you all get better success via the online chat than directly chatting to them? Of course after canceling
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Just been offered 60% and £100 credit for 12 month contract .......decision by end of July 3rd

comeback_zpsq1wfguty.png
  • Tommy86
    Tommy86 Posts: 3 Newbie
    steveE2 wrote: »
    Just been offered 60% and £100 credit for 12 month contract .......decision by end of July 3rd
    How did you manage to get this offer? I have mentioned this offer to them and they keep denying it's existence.
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Tommy86 wrote: »
    How did you manage to get this offer? I have mentioned this offer to them and they keep denying it's existence.

Cancelled end of April when they definitely couldn't do any better than 35% for 9 months.
    Then offered:
    15% * 12 months contract
    30% * 12 months no contract
    50% * 12 months contract
    50% * 12 months contract +£50 credit last Saturday (25/06) email stating this will be your final offer.
    60%*12 months +£100 credit as per post in email yesterday to be accepted by 3rd July (hence the timer)

Not really missed Sky to be honest but this does seem as though its too good not to accept.

Updated pic showing packages and prices

Sky%20Packages_zpswkqxcune.png
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    steveE2 wrote: »
    Cancelled end of April when they definitely couldn't do any better than 35% for 9 months.
    Then offered:
    15% * 12 months contract
    30% * 12 months no contract
    50% * 12 months contract
    50% * 12 months contract +£50 credit last Saturday (25/06) email stating this will be your final offer.
    60%*12 months +£100 credit as per post in email yesterday to be accepted by 3rd July (hence the timer)

Not really missed Sky to be honest but this does seem as though its too good not to accept.

Updated pic showing packages and prices

Sky%20Packages_zpswkqxcune.png

So you basically left SKY first formally before you got those offers, interesting
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • M271
    M271 Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have been with Sky for the last 25 years on the full TV package and getting various 'deals' along the way, I also now have Phone and Broadband with them.

The 50%+ deals mentioned in this thread are these just for TV and do you 'negotiate' the phone/broadband separately? I would be uncomfortable cancelling the phone and broadband and then no retention offer comes through and I lose communications!
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    M271 wrote: »
    I have been with Sky for the last 25 years on the full TV package and getting various 'deals' along the way, I also now have Phone and Broadband with them.

The 50%+ deals mentioned in this thread are these just for TV and do you 'negotiate' the phone/broadband separately? I would be uncomfortable cancelling the phone and broadband and then no retention offer comes through and I lose communications!

They're seperate services so you only need to cancel your TV. You might be better off switching landline and broadband suppliers and using top cash back.
  • chicklitfan
    chicklitfan Posts: 21 Forumite
    Cancelled and due to go off on 12th july. Been on live chat and offered 50% off tv with sports and movies, no discount on hd or multiroom for 10 months no contract and £50 credit. They had no discount on line rental but offered free bb for 12 months contract. Has anyone had any better offers recently? Declined both offers but will try again tomorrow or Monday
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback