PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Why are some houses on the market for so long?

124»

Comments

• markin
    markin Posts: 3,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It’s not overpriced if it’s been sold for a similar price. And its 4 bed.

Please tell me where I can buy a 3 bedroom for £70k in inner city Manchester

Crashy said its 70k over priced, so that would be 99,950k, not 70k as its on for 169,950.

Its been on for almost 6 months, so it would seem no wants it at that price.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Everything is overpriced in Crashy world. Even if it's just been auctioned for that price. Even if there's been a throng of buyers queueing up waving money at the vendor.

If you could buy a Grade I listed mansion for a tenner, it'd be overpriced.

It has to be Crashy only has next month's rent available to buy anywhere.
  • Apparently it was sold but the buyers pulled out.

Which could be true, but why does RightMove not update its “first listed” to reflect the new listing?
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Apparently it was sold but the buyers pulled out.

Which could be true, but why does RightMove not update its “first listed” to reflect the new listing?
    The EA do all the updating.

If they removed it, then re-added it, rather than simply updating the previous listing...
  • Mickygg
    Mickygg Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    More like 70k IMO.

Yawn. Standard and expected comment.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Everything is overpriced in Crashy world. Even if it's just been auctioned for that price. Even if there's been a throng of buyers queueing up waving money at the vendor.

If you could buy a Grade I listed mansion for a tenner, it'd be overpriced.

None of the above, and very few houses attract lines of people waving money these days anyway. This house is overpriced for it`s size, condition and location IMO, it isn`t worth a tenner, no house really is only worth a tenner, but it isn`t worth the best part of 200k. How much do you think this property is worth?
  • JasonHand
    JasonHand Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My old house took ages to sell and that was because of the crazy layout. It was on 4 floors.

I remember someone old lady coming round to view and I just remember thinking why have the estate agent sent her round. She nearly passed out when she had been on the top floor back down to the third floor. I had to get her downstairs, get her a glass of water and give her a good 30 minutes to settle down.

But it was a crazy layout and it did put lots of people off.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,988 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    The market is dead in some areas. house sales £150k to £130k round here, 34 in 3 months to Jan 1st, 4 in 3 months since!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure