Origin Broadband - any good

1383940414244»

Comments

• JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Just looking at the Origin Broadband Reviews on Trustpilot. So for this year there has been 194 reviews of Origin Broadband. Of these Origin Broadband have flagged 75 for removal. Smacks of review manipulation. Can Trustpilot be trusted?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I don't think anyone's trusted TrustPilot for years...
  • pyart
    pyart Posts: 5 Forumite
    I joined Origin over two years ago with the promise of £100 cashback from Top Cashback. This cashback never arrived via Top Cashback even though Origins site also stated that I would get £100 cashback on the two year contract, which I paid for in full in advance. After nearly two years of chasing up this cashback, Origin finally sent me a cheque for the £100. I had no problems with their service or call centre but they seem rather money orientated. I was all in all happy but got a better deal with the Post Office, so I left them. This is where the problem starts. They took another full years payment from by bank via direct debit when I instructed them not to take the said amount. I did not enter into another contract with them and my old two year contract had ended. Origin were just wanting to take my money and hoping to force another years contract upon me. I have now been chasing this up with them for over a month and they have raised a cheque and I am awaiting their pigeon who can take up to thirty days !!! AVOID ORIGIN BROADBAND. They will take your money electronically but will only return it at their leisure in the form of a cheque !!! I mean...WHO uses cheques in this day and age ??? Rather prehistoric and it takes them two weeks to raise a cheque and then up to thirty days to send it. AVOID them if you don't want your money taken against your wishes and AVOID them if you don't want the trouble of visiting a bank, in order to pay in your cheque if and when you receive one !!! ORIGIN are a DISGRACE and I hope they cease trading.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    pyart wrote: »
    ORIGIN are a DISGRACE and I hope they cease trading.

I rather hope they don't! I've had two years with them and have just renewed for a further year.

Faultless service and a very good price.

I just speak as I find!
  • pyart wrote: »
    I joined Origin over two years ago with the promise of £100 cashback from Top Cashback. This cashback never arrived via Top Cashback even though Origins site also stated that I would get £100 cashback on the two year contract, which I paid for in full in advance. After nearly two years of chasing up this cashback, Origin finally sent me a cheque for the £100. I had no problems with their service or call centre but they seem rather money orientated. I was all in all happy but got a better deal with the Post Office, so I left them. This is where the problem starts. They took another full years payment from by bank via direct debit when I instructed them not to take the said amount. I did not enter into another contract with them and my old two year contract had ended. Origin were just wanting to take my money and hoping to force another years contract upon me. I have now been chasing this up with them for over a month and they have raised a cheque and I am awaiting their pigeon who can take up to thirty days !!! AVOID ORIGIN BROADBAND. They will take your money electronically but will only return it at their leisure in the form of a cheque !!! I mean...WHO uses cheques in this day and age ??? Rather prehistoric and it takes them two weeks to raise a cheque and then up to thirty days to send it. AVOID them if you don't want your money taken against your wishes and AVOID them if you don't want the trouble of visiting a bank, in order to pay in your cheque if and when you receive one !!! ORIGIN are a DISGRACE and I hope they cease trading.

Your situation sounds the same as mine got an email from them on 19th August 2019, saying they were going to take £184.99 on 1st August 2019 for 1 years line rental, I called them to query this, they said it was a mistake the date should have read 1st September 2019, I told them my contact was not due to be renewed till 19th October, they said due to their billing system they would be taking the money early, I told them I did not want to renew and they agreed not to take the money, however, on the 2nd September £184.99 was taken from my account, I emailed them asking why this was taken, they said it was due to an error and I now need to wait 30 days for a refund (this is in line with company policy).

They nearly went under last December It looks like they are getting desperate and taking money without permission and delaying refunds. Avoid like the plague!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure