CBeebies land @ Alton towers - how bad are the queues?

I was looking at stopping at Alton Towers for a day with the kids (3 & 2), but the reviews seem to mention queues of up to an hour for some rides. Are they really that bad?
I can probably get 10-20 minutes waiting out of mine but an hour would be a nightmare!

Comments

• olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,268
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    That very much depends when you go. I've only ever been during off-peak times and there were no queues to speak off. I'd imagine that weekends and school holidays would be horrific.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    We're potentially looking at a Sunday and Monday, a couple of weeks before the school holidays start. I might just try and find something else for the Sunday!
  • Duckyduck
    Duckyduck Posts: 269
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Queues of up to an hour for the big rollercoasters during nice sunny Saturdays and school holidays yes, but I highly doubt the rides in CBeebies will be anywhere near that, especially not outside school holidays.
    Save £12k in 2019 #36
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,219
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    edited 19 April 2019 at 4:10PM
    This will give you an idea if you look the week before you intend to go , i would say Monday is the better day

http://ridetimes.co.uk/

As we speak some rides are an hour in Cbeebies land at 17:09 on a Saturday they would have been higher earlier in the day , i would think Sunday will be the same
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    We went a few years ago and headed to Cbeebies land first as my youngest nephew could get on everything. The queues were so horrendous that we went on a few things and then quickly moved to other areas of the park.

That wasn't through the summer holidays.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure