Nhs continuing healthcare

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I forgot to say , as his wife lives in the property it was ignored from the assessment under the "mandatory disregard" rules.

In other words it's excluded from his assets totally .

Forced sales only happen when there is only one person occupying the property .
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Browntoa
    Professor Clements lecture

https://youtu.be/HrpFLLwGqhs
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • JRichFleur
    JRichFleur Posts: 13 Forumite
    Thanks for posting the link
  • JRichFleur
    Could you find the petition link I mentioned in my post and put it here. This is the only way many people are going to be helped and the only way we have of having a chance to change this mismanged/corrupt and often illegal system. Thank you.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,769 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    JRichFleur wrote: »
    Could you find the petition link I mentioned in my post and put it here.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/238047
  • JRichFleur
    Thanks again.
  • L-J-R
    L-J-R Posts: 32 Forumite
    Just signed - thinking of my mum who was granted a small amount after her death ten years ago - despite her condition ticking most of the boxes on the 'checklist'
  • JRichFleur
    L-J-R Thank you.
  • Browntoa
    Dealing with the local councils fun .

Respite care , forms from council , fill in and attached all his financial documents less than 3 weeks ago.

Residential care , forms from council , fill in asking for same document pile they only had 3 weeks ago ! . Obviously unable to get an answer straight away as that department is answerphone only and we will "endeavour to get back to you within 2-3 days" . So again attached documents that they probably have sitting in his folder.

Is it always like this ?
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • JRichFleur
    Browntoa Yes, always. Incompetence and delay tactics tke your pick. Is it a relative just out of hospital going into care? Did they do a needs assessment? They are legally obliged to do this. If they have a primary health need they are obliged to do a Continuing Healthcare assessment. If her needs are sufficient (you need to research this) the NHS has to fund her care - IN TOTAL- this means paying for everything and it does not matter how much money a person has. IT IS ILLEGAL TO DO A FINANCIAL ASSESSMENT BEFORE A CARE NEEDS ASSESSMENT. Sorry I cannot post links (despite being on this site for over 10 years) I have no idea why. You should be able to find Continuing Healthcare Guide online. Don't just rely on this though. Look also at the Care to be Different website (and facebook page) there is a wealth of information. Good Luck it can be a very long haul.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure