National Trust

Comments

• Once you are in a NT venue generally parking is free. You may have to pay for parking when you visit NT car parks. The Lake District has a lot of these.

We have NT membership and I think we use it more for the car parks than anything else. I didn't know that you could get membership for other countries and use it here.

Thanks for the info everyone!
  • givememoney
    givememoney Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Shucks.....Didn't know about the NZ thing and got our daughter to buy English Heritage for us as a Xmas present when could have had that included with the NT.

Haven't bought NT for a couple of years, as in the winter when weather miserable most of the places are shut so you're actually paying for 9 months not a year.
  • lislou
    lislou Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We have had NZ card for 3 years. Never had a problem with car parking. Think there would only be a problem if it was a NT car park only. English Heritage is a great advantage too.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,989 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Just a bit of a rant, we joined the NT when on holiday in Norfolk and probably got our moneys worth. But places round here they are all under different charities, so to go to them we need to buy passes from NT, English heritage, North Lincs county council, and others.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    lislou wrote: »
    We have had NZ card for 3 years. Never had a problem with car parking. Think there would only be a problem if it was a NT car park only. English Heritage is a great advantage too.

I paid twice in Norfolk at NT sites (£4+£5) first i have paid for parking at NT sites , still saved £££££ by joining the NZ one when you include the parking
  • tunasalad
    tunasalad Posts: 8 Forumite
    Regarding NZ Heritage, hefty price increase from today 20/5/19

As a member of Heritage New Zealand based overseas, we would like to notify you about some significant changes in our overseas membership prices and categories. It is the first time we have increased our prices for some categories in 11 years, so they reflect the truer value of the membership package we offer. We are also removing some categories to make it easier for us to manage and for you to join or renew.

The changes follow an investigation into our membership programme charges and costs. Factors such as dramatically-rising postal charges are impacting us. But it was also clear there was a significant gap between the charges Heritage New Zealand sets for access to NZ and overseas properties and historic places and those of our sister organisations overseas like English Heritage and the National Trust.

We believe the new prices create a like-for-like market for people supporting heritage. Our aim is to promote the message that people overseas can, and should, support their local heritage agencies. The changes enable us to focus more prominently on our New Zealand-based members (and potential new members), as well as overseas members who enjoy visiting and experiencing the unique heritage in New Zealand.

What do you need to do?

You should already have received a membership renewal notice from us. We would like to clarify that whilst new members will pay the new prices, your renewal for this year will remain at the level and price shown on your renewal notice.

As the website forms have been loaded with the new prices, we will only be able to process your membership payment at the previous rate if you pay by return of post (using the form we’ve sent you) or by phoning us on +64 4 472 4341. Remember the time difference if you phone!

We will honour the membership rate we’ve provided to you but as our categories have also changed, you may notice that your next membership card will feature a slightly different category on it. You will still receive all the same benefits.

Please note that we will honour our old pricing for current renewals up until midnight 31 July 2019. After this, your membership will be considered as lapsed and will be eligible for the increased pricing. Your next renewal, in 12 months, will of course feature the updated prices. For your information, the new prices and categories are:

Individual adult membership NZ$200
    Family membership NZ$350 (2 adults and school-aged children)
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well that stops that work around, about £180 for the family ticket now.

Im guessing NT asked them to increase prices or lose their access. Cant blame them really.
  • AceKingPin
    AceKingPin Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I can see for a family membership for Bermuda - it costs £75 Bermuda dollars. Anyone know just how reciprocal with NT UK that membership actually is in practice?

Is it wholly free NT entry and free NT parking, or what are the limits? Many thanks.
  • rajeshk4u
    rajeshk4u Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am all for Money Saving, but I am not sure if I will comfortable about using some of the options suggested, especially as these are not-for-profit organisation.....
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    rajeshk4u wrote: »
    I am all for Money Saving, but I am not sure if I will comfortable about using some of the options suggested, especially as these are not-for-profit organisation.....

Why be uncomfortable?

No-one forced these organisations to include reciprocity as a benefit of paying to be a member!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure