Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 14th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    • 94Posts
    • 26Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy
    • 14th Mar 18, 11:06 AM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy 14th Mar 18 at 11:06 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Usio Energy Supply

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 12
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 1st Dec 18, 8:46 AM
    • 5,243 Posts
    • 2,323 Thanks
    brewerdave
    In fact, didn't Usio send us an email along the lines of "we don't think it ethical to continue debiting you, now that we have ceased trading, so we have cancelled your Direct Debit?"
    Originally posted by markipad

I actually got an email from Usio on 15th October "cancelling my subscription to Usio Energy" and saying that "no further payments will be charged" -that was before I even knew that Usio had gone!
    • busybee100
    • By busybee100 3rd Dec 18, 10:09 AM
    • 1,197 Posts
    • 2,509 Thanks
    busybee100
    I actually got an email from Usio on 15th October "cancelling my subscription to Usio Energy" and saying that "no further payments will be charged" -that was before I even knew that Usio had gone!
    Originally posted by brewerdave

They did that just before they unplugged the computers.

I do get the impression someone was very sore at being put in this position, they seemed to fold quickly where other companies limp on when they really shouldn't.

I'm still waiting for Western Power to update.

• beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 3rd Dec 18, 2:05 PM
    • 757 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    Firstly , I left on 28th November ....and since the account data (what there was) has vanished from my FU web page

Interesting - I left yesterday and my account data is still within FU. So as it happens, is all the account data (under a different user name) from when I was a FU customer 2 and a half years ago
    • markipad
    • By markipad 3rd Dec 18, 7:41 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    markipad
    My understanding was that First Utility took over from Usio, as the SoLR, on or around 19th Ocotber, yet STILL no sign of what I expect to be a credit balance from Usio. Has ANYONE had any credit yet?

From what I remember reading, we're only talking about 7000 accounts in this case!

Credit balances may well be "protected", but that's no help if the balance is not forthcoming.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 3rd Dec 18, 9:07 PM
    • 5,243 Posts
    • 2,323 Thanks
    brewerdave
    My understanding was that First Utility took over from Usio, as the SoLR, on or around 19th Ocotber, yet STILL no sign of what I expect to be a credit balance from Usio. Has ANYONE had any credit yet?

From what I remember reading, we're only talking about 7000 accounts in this case!

Credit balances may well be "protected", but that's no help if the balance is not forthcoming.
    Originally posted by markipad

Nope...and they know I've moved onwards as almost everything has vanished from my FU account - All that I can now see is the opening reading I gave them and the title of the tariff they moved us over to when they inherited the Usio customers.
    Fortunately by my calculations ,I'll owe FU more than my Usio credit , so as with Iresa/Octopus situation I'm quids in until they issue final bills
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 4th Dec 18, 9:52 AM
    • 757 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    Nope...and they know I've moved onwards as almost everything has vanished from my FU account - All that I can now see is the opening reading I gave them and the title of the tariff they moved us over to when they inherited the Usio customers.
    Fortunately by my calculations ,I'll owe FU more than my Usio credit , so as with Iresa/Octopus situation I'm quids in until they issue final bills
    Yes me too - reckon I'll owe them around £20, and I got a £100 referral from Bulb, so I'm more than happy with how this has panned out
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 4th Dec 18, 4:09 PM
    • 5,243 Posts
    • 2,323 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Had the same email - they are going to try to collect £66+ by DD "on or after 12th December".
    Firstly , I left on 28th November ....and since the account data (what there was) has vanished from my FU web page ,they obviously know ,and secondly, they are proposing the same DD as Usio which would have been far too small a payment because they are much more expensive!!
    I've fired off a similar email to FU and will keep an eye on the current account to prevent ANY monies being taken.

Have now got a reply from F.U Customer Servs. - they suggest that I should monitor my current account to prevent them trying to set up a DD!!
    Also had a request for a meter read today -but since I've been with the new supplier since 28th Nov. I'll respectfully decline
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 4th Dec 18, 4:48 PM
    • 757 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    Have now got a reply from F.U Customer Servs. - they suggest that I should monitor my current account to prevent them trying to set up a DD!!
    Can they even do that? Would have thought it would fail the direct debit guarantee.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 5th Dec 18, 10:51 AM
    • 5,243 Posts
    • 2,323 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Can they even do that? Would have thought it would fail the direct debit guarantee.
    Originally posted by beefturnmail

I suppose they could try ,using the details Usio had - not sure how the Bank would know that it wasn't authorised?
    • Posiden
    • By Posiden 5th Dec 18, 8:27 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Posiden
    Confused some more
    So on Monday I submitted another meter reading, as requested, 7 days after my initial meter reading. Ive sent this in via Face book and via FU's own website.
    Ive had no answer from FU but did get an e mail saying a DD for £155 had been blocked by my bank.
    FU didn't tell me they going to bill me via the Usio D/D so I cancelled it ages ago when Usio went bust.
    I did pay Usio £155 just a few days before they went under so I don't even know where that money went or if Im in credit.
    This whole thing has been a complete !!!! up and a waste of my time.
    • Posiden
    • By Posiden 5th Dec 18, 11:03 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Posiden
    FU First Utility
    So after providing two meter reading over the last seven days as requested by FU they send me a facebook messenger message to state the following:-

"Thanks for sending that over. We need to agree to a proposed reading for the opening reading, can you confirm this should be 100541 ^Kynan"

Now this figure is the same meter reading that I have been contesting as its about 3000 units over where the meter is at right now!

Had enough of this bunch of idiots and will be looking for another supplier.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 6th Dec 18, 9:41 AM
    • 5,243 Posts
    • 2,323 Thanks
    brewerdave
    This whole "SOLR" procedure is a fiasco - still no sign of an agreed credit balance from Usio, who went bust nearly 7 weeks ago ,let alone any billing for F.U
    Also no sign of Octopus closing my account altho' I switched away from them on 12th September (12 weeks ago!) following the Iresa failure.
    • EngineHouse
    • By EngineHouse 6th Dec 18, 10:32 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    EngineHouse
    Well at lest I'm not alone still waiting for a bill from FU but have used down the Uiso credit and switched yesterday
    • markipad
    • By markipad 7th Dec 18, 10:37 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    markipad
    A hint of progress.... FU has kindly advised me: "You are no longer supplied by First Utility. etc. If you're looking for your final bill, close this message and click on 'Account Summary'.

Mmm.. did that and, guess what, nothing there; no bills, no statements, no payments and, most importantly, no credit from Usio. My historic readings are still there, which I suppose is something!
    • Posiden
    • By Posiden 7th Dec 18, 8:05 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Posiden
    FU First Utility
    So Fu have agreed to a more realistic meter reading and then sent me this message:-
    "That's great. Thanks for confirming this.

I'll get this raised to our disputes team, and this process can take up to 6 weeks to complete, as we need to send the supporting evidence over a long with the proposal. I'll make sure you're kept updated during this process. If you need anything else from us moving forward, don't hesitate to contact us. ^Kyle"

Six Weeks!

Can Anyone tell me - do I have to wait or can I leave FU now ?
    • beefturnmail
    • By beefturnmail 11th Dec 18, 4:03 PM
    • 757 Posts
    • 241 Thanks
    beefturnmail
    Just received an e-mail from FU saying they're going to take a dd of £70ish on the 10th December using the Usio dd.

I sent a reply along the lines of "good luck, but the dd was cancelled when Usio went under - I'm leaving you on the 4th and will manually pay any money I owe you (if any, once the Usio credit has been applied), once you've sent me a final bill I agree with"
    Originally posted by beefturnmail
    Well the 10th has come and gone and not a squeak from FU - no e-mail from customer services, none of the promised 3 bills, and no credit from Usio. Though pleasingly also no sign of a rogue dd being set up on my bank account. Bets on when we'll actually get anything from FU? My guess is Monday 24th December with it all packaged up in a nice early Christmas present
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,092Posts Today

7,553Users online

Martin's Twitter