Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 9th Jan 18, 3:48 PM
    • 94Posts
    • 26Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:48 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy 9th Jan 18 at 3:48 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Together Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 2
    • ghulam35
    • By ghulam35 27th Feb 18, 12:26 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ghulam35
    I'm having a bad experience with together energy, my switch eventually got completed on 26/01, however no bill, online portal not working. I rang them 3 times now, once it took them over 20mins to answer, second time it went to an overflow line where I spoke to a madiha who promised me a call back but never got one. So I emailed them last week and still not had no response.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 27th Feb 18, 11:00 AM
    • 2,152 Posts
    • 2,138 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    The way I see it is this. Together have got themselves in a terrible mess. Their IT systems have been a mess. The billing hasn't happened and mistakes have been made. The staff are under considerable pressure and what started well has just provoked negativity all round.

However, there is currently a glimmer of hope. Bills to December have been issued and updated bills are promised shortly. Their act is coming together. I am on a decent tariff or I would have moved by now. My current contract ends in July and I will stick with them.

They have suffered huge reputational damage and it will take some effort to turn this around.
    Je suis sabot...
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 9th Mar 18, 7:17 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    meherenow
    Well well, just received an email saying my bill was available.

FOR MY OLD ADDRESS!

That I moved from nearly 3 months ago, sent them final meter reads, yet still they are estimating my energy use.

Thankfully I can now let the ombudsman take care of this ridiculous mess.

Not sure I like this pure cheek on the "bill" either:

"Yes, as you have never supplied us with a reading we
    cannot be certain that your account will balance over
    the upcoming months. Please get into contact with us
    as soon as possible to provide readings. "

wow, just wow!
    Last edited by meherenow; 09-03-2018 at 7:18 PM. Reason: info
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 8th Jul 18, 8:53 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    I know they're not brilliant but ....
    I know this company is not brilliant and that some customers have had terrible experiences but how many like me have had not too bad a time of it. Yes I know they are now extremely slow at billing since their system 'upgrade' at the end of last year but...

I had no issues with the switch, I'm only paying 7% more (year on year) since I ditched BG last September. Ok they have put my DD up but my consumption has increased over my normal consumption due to the weather earlier this year. It will be interesting to see what they offer me at the end of my contract as the latest comparison on Cheap Energy Club shows only a £6 per month rise over my original contract price. I personally can put up with the service level, If the price is right.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 8th Jul 18, 11:34 AM
    • 2,152 Posts
    • 2,138 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    At least two of us on here have had renewal quotes based on completely wrong consumption figures. If you're comparing, look at the actual tariff and fixed charge. My tariff would have gone up from 11.658 to 13.139p and fixed down from 24.426 to 18.934p per day. However, they think my annual cost will increase from around £600 to £1,250 because they are completely incompetent.

I honestly think that we consumers should not put up with "not too bad".

Anyway, I have left now, thank goodness.
    Je suis sabot...
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 8th Jul 18, 11:52 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    At least two of us on here have had renewal quotes based on completely wrong consumption figures. If you're comparing, look at the actual tariff and fixed charge. My tariff would have gone up from 11.658 to 13.139p and fixed down from 24.426 to 18.934p per day. However, they think my annual cost will increase from around £600 to £1,250 because they are completely incompetent.

I honestly think that we consumers should not put up with "not too bad".

Anyway, I have left now, thank goodness.
    Originally posted by Hoof Hearted
    I will check it very carefully when (and if) it appears - thanks for the heads up
    • Tony Langley
    • By Tony Langley 10th Jul 18, 11:18 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tony Langley
    As an Energy Supplier they are shocking.
    They didn't handle the swap correctly. They ignored my meter readings and used made up ones. They consistently ignored all of my efforts over a 6 month period to remedy this. Ofgem have upheld my complaint but they appear to have no regard for Ofgem as my account is still not correct.
    If they don't acknowledge scrutiny from the regulator what chance have we as customers got?
    Update 21/8/18 - They still haven't carried out the Ofgem remedial actions. My account is still incorrect on the portal which appears to be dead. They haven't sent me an apology as required by Ofgem. They haven't shown any proof of addition of the "Goodwill" payment to either myself or Ofgem after having been told by Ofgem to do so last week.
    Once I complained to Ofgem they refused to talk to me on the subject. Honestly, how bad can they be?
    Last edited by Tony Langley; 21-08-2018 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Update
    • sallypoodle
    • By sallypoodle 11th Jul 18, 9:26 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sallypoodle
    Together Energy upped our direct debit by 25% even though the account was in a small amount of credit one month before the end of our 12 month contract. We arranged a switch but I rather rashly left the direct debit in place for the expected refund. Final meter reading was submitted to them.

Roll on to the next month and they take another payment.

So now they owe us 2 x monthly payments - no response on the phone worth mentioning. Seeking a refund on the last payment via the bank and will await their 'final' bill at some point - if none then I guess it's the ombudsman :-(
    • Allots
    • By Allots 23rd Jul 18, 8:51 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    Allots
    Terrible customer service, stay clear
    I switched to Together Energy in December 2017. Everything possible has gone wrong, no welcome pack, after some complaint they eventually sent me a welcome email but it was addressed to another customer. I've only received 2 invoices in 7 months, they do not reply to emails, cannot get through on the phone. I've raised 2 formal complaints and neither of these have been acknowledged. I have now cancelled my direct debit mandate in the hope that someone will make contact. Seriously regret switching to them....yes they were cheap however but they are clueless on customer service even though all their blurb states that they put customer first, utter nonsense!!. I will switch away 50 days before the contract renews to avoid the 2 x £30 exit fees.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 23rd Jul 18, 9:50 AM
    • 37,999 Posts
    • 22,101 Thanks
    Quentin
    If you manage to raise a formal complaint with them and they deal with it properly (via their resolution team), and the complaint is upheld they will as part of their apology waive the exit fees.
    • Tony Langley
    • By Tony Langley 30th Aug 18, 5:54 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tony Langley
    Together Energy Ongoing Complaint
    I've complained to TE, asked for escalation, was ignored, had a multitude of promises of rectification which were not delivered. I complained to Ofgem who upheld my case and asked them to apologise to me and they didn't for a month. I complained again to Ofgem that they had not delivered their apology and finally got one from an un-named person asking me to get back to them if I was dissatisfied. Really?
    I got no offer of release and I would have seized on that.
    Ofgem told me to get this sorted before demanding a release and it makes sense to me. They currently have timed out on a promise to provide bill by the end of the month and promised it in another 14 days. Promises, promises! My case is still unresolved as I'm concerned as I still have an incorrect balance and erroneous bills on my account.
    They have no redeeming qualities.
    • duncain
    • By duncain 9th Sep 18, 6:21 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    duncain
    Copy of my latest email to the Energy Ombudsman
    Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you for your update.

I can confirm that I have had no contact from Together Energy since the phone call on 7 August 2018 when the member of staff from the resolution team advised me that they would call me back either that day or the next.

The current online portals (checked on 8 September 2018) for both accounts (Stair 1 and Stair 2) indicate that nothing has been updated or changed.

There is no billing information for Stair 1.

The last two bills for Stair 2 are dated 17 July 2018 (both are incorrect).

It would seem that Together Energy are making no effort to resolve the problem despite being aware that I have filed a complaint with yourselves.

My own calculations estimate my current overpayments to total around £250.

My own research on the internet (Google Reviews) suggest that the problems with the management of my two accounts by Together Energy are also being experienced by a vast number of other customers.

More than twelve months down the line, I am becoming increasingly concerned that Together Energy do not have the capability or capacity to resolve this matter.

While I understand that your role is to mediate only in respect of my particular case, I suspect that there are serious failings in its systems that need to be addressed as a matter of urgency by Ofgem.

Thank you for your assistance
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 9th Sep 18, 7:38 AM
    • 2,152 Posts
    • 2,138 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    I have left them now but they are a disgracefully bad company. They don't seem to be able to produce bills, they can't get consumption information correct, they can't get the opening reading right, they are unable to produce a final bill, etc. Stay well clear of this bunch of clowns and ignore fake reviews on Trust Pilot.
    Je suis sabot...
    • apsmith213
    • By apsmith213 28th Sep 18, 4:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    apsmith213
    Together Energy - Terrible Service
    Together Energy were our electricity supplier at our previous address which we moved from at the start of June. Have sent numerous emails and made numerous calls to try to get a final bill and to stop them sending monthly statements as though we still live there! Always they promise it will be dealt with within the next 7 day, but it never is! If you ask to speak to a manager or supervisor they are never available and will have to call back but never do! Starting to get concerned they are trying to hold on to the money they owe me back due to cash flow problems!?
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 29th Sep 18, 7:31 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Starting to get concerned they are trying to hold on to the money they owe me back due to cash flow problems!?
    Originally posted by apsmith213
    Sorry but you're possibly correct. I've managed to get a final bill but guess what no refund of the amount they agree I'm due. Still trying to make contact with them.
    • paulmcls
    • By paulmcls 28th Oct 18, 12:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    paulmcls
    Appalling Customer support
    Shame, as MSE Energy Club listed this company! Apart from the cheapest tariffs, nothing is good. No reply to emails. They set the dd 50% higher than needed. Consequently they have nearly £500 of my money! Even when they answer the phone and promise to reduce the dd, they haven't! And, as exit time gets nearer, it looks like I will have trouble getting the refund. Anybody succeeded?
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 28th Oct 18, 8:26 PM
    • 2,152 Posts
    • 2,138 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    No. Still owe me money after I left in July.
    Je suis sabot...
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 28th Oct 18, 9:25 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Keep the faith, I did get my refund after a couple of chasing emails ��
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 29th Oct 18, 7:25 PM
    • 2,152 Posts
    • 2,138 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    Wow, the day after writing my comment, I have been notified that my 85p is being credited to my bank account. If it was any other company, I would have just forgotten about it but this lot need to be made to do what is right. Generally, they are just awful.
    Je suis sabot...
    • rob37uk
    • By rob37uk 5th Nov 18, 6:03 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    rob37uk
    Hooray! At last I am free from Together Energy. Joined in August 2017, left end July 2018. At no stage in that 11 month period did I ever get a correct bill. I have been chasing regularly since early August '18 to get a correct final bill. After over 15 phone calls, 15 emails and a complaints escalation, I have now had 3 final bills of which the last one was correct!. At least they refunded my £23 promptly.
    AVOID this company, they are totally clueless
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,771Posts Today

7,350Users online

Martin's Twitter