Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 9th Jan 18, 3:48 PM
    • 94Posts
    • 26Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:48 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy 9th Jan 18 at 3:48 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Together Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 1
    • coastersteve
    • By coastersteve 17th Jan 18, 5:22 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    coastersteve
    • 17th Jan 18, 5:22 PM
    • 17th Jan 18, 5:22 PM
    Absolutely appalling. No welcome back, no access to an online portal and they keep promising a call back and never do!
    • cmarchant
    • By cmarchant 22nd Jan 18, 4:31 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cmarchant
    • 22nd Jan 18, 4:31 PM
    • 22nd Jan 18, 4:31 PM
    Absolutely terrible.
    You have to queue for absolutely ages to speak to them by phone (I have queued for 30+ minutes)
    They incorrectly increased my direct debit. I immediatly contacted them to correct this - they apologised and then still took the increased amount.
    I raised a complaint, they ignored it for over a week. I then phoned again and again, in the end I spoke to the complaints team who were a complete waste of time.
    Two weeks have now passed and the complaints team have still not fulfilled their promises.
    AVOID TOGETHER ENERGY AT ALL COSTS.
    • Ceciler
    • By Ceciler 22nd Jan 18, 4:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ceciler
    • 22nd Jan 18, 4:53 PM
    • 22nd Jan 18, 4:53 PM
    Together EnergyTM - poor customer service
    Welcome back was great. No other communication. trying to set up the online account to is impossible.
    Called them so many times never had anyone picking up the line. Left 4 emails and only one called me but I was on the phone unable to pick up the line.
    All I want is some advice as I am unable to give any reading as electricity reading and gas reader digital screen are blank and ' old smart' reader does not help either.
    Last edited by Ceciler; 22-01-2018 at 4:54 PM. Reason: did not put the company name
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 22nd Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 2,152 Posts
    • 2,139 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    • 22nd Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 22nd Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    Yes, it's completely shambolic. After a smooth transfer, six months on and no account, no bill, incorrect total of payments made. Absolutely, best avoided.
    Je suis sabot...
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 5th Feb 18, 8:50 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    meherenow
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:50 AM
    • 5th Feb 18, 8:50 AM
    Same as above.

I joined in summer 2017, all seemed well, I was willing to put up with the slow billing and they appeared helpful answering the phone quickly when I had a query about moving home.

Fast forward to December 2017, I gave them a final meter reading and asked them to take over the gas and electric at my new place.

They have NOT closed the old account down despite repeated requests and took an extra payment long after I had moved, had to cancel the direct debit in the end but I reckon they owe me £100 on the old account.

It would SEEM that they are supplying me in my new place but I have had no info at all about it to make sure I'm on the tariff I signed up for.

After phoning them (and waiting AN AGE on hold) and been promised a call back from an "account manager" that day to no avail, I've emailed them a few times about it, turned it into an official complaint and they haven't even had the good grace to even acknowledge me.

So I can see it will be off to the ombudsman to sort this out when the 8 weeks is up from my initial complaint.

A shame as I really did want to support a (local-ish) company, but in my experience I would avoid and I certainly will be off as soon as my contract is up...
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 5th Feb 18, 9:17 AM
    • 6,846 Posts
    • 4,403 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:17 AM
    • 5th Feb 18, 9:17 AM

It would SEEM that they are supplying me in my new place but I have had no info at all about it to make sure I'm on the tariff I signed up for.
    Originally posted by meherenow
    You may know this already but, in respect of your house move, you should expect a bill from the Deemed Supplier to the new property. I assume that you called them with meter readings to avoid any potential problems?
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 5th Feb 18, 1:07 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    meherenow
    • 5th Feb 18, 1:07 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 1:07 PM
    You may know this already but, in respect of your house move, you should expect a bill from the Deemed Supplier to the new property. I assume that you called them with meter readings to avoid any potential problems?
    Originally posted by Hengus

Nope, not had ANY contact with the incumbent (British Gas supplying both at practically extortion rates originally - the house is a new build), however the smart meter stopped functioning on the day Together say they took over, so that gives me hope (and I await a bill for the few weeks from BG)- what I do have is photos of the meter and the reading visible with that day's newspaper in view should it come to a fuss.

I'm more concerned that the last bill I had from Together for my old property (electricity only) was an estimated one from 30th December 2017 even though I had clearly sent the final meter reading to them on 15th December, again with dated pictures of the meter and the reading visible (and had this confirmed when I managed to get through on the phone). And then they took a further payment in January for that account, leaving me approx £100 in credit!
    • robj20
    • By robj20 6th Feb 18, 7:55 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    robj20
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:55 AM
    • 6th Feb 18, 7:55 AM
    Terrible so far. Changed over in January, first payment has been taken. No meter reading have been requested nor can i enter them online (the online pages don't work at all). Not had a final bill from my previous supplier as again no meter readings taken.
    Sent multiple emails and had no replies to any of them, including some to the complaints address.

Not sure what to do really. Everywhere else is more expensive and the £60 leaving fee.

Edit: Took other peoples advice and just this minute switched to Bulb, they will pay the £60 leaving fee.
    Hope it goes smoothly, not looking forward to sorting the mess out with meter reading between switching to Together and switching again to Bulb.
    Last edited by robj20; 06-02-2018 at 8:06 AM.
    • sheeps68
    • By sheeps68 7th Feb 18, 9:59 AM
    • 645 Posts
    • 508 Thanks
    sheeps68
    All going great for me.
    Well it seems I am in the rare group of Together Energy customers in that I've had a great service and no problems. I have been with them 6 months now.
    My switch over went very smoothly from EDF and only issue was EDF not paying out my final rebate as I was owed money due to being in credit. Since then I have had no issues. I always get through on the phone quickly but will say they do not have extensive hours available. When I have made enquiries I have had very efficient responses and call backs exactly as they have stated so for now I am very happy as my energy costs have been reduced by £7 a month in a 1 bed flat. I was also on best available EDF Tariff as switched it each year.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 7th Feb 18, 11:05 AM
    • 2,152 Posts
    • 2,139 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    Tell me, Sheeps, can you log on to your account online? It seems that they have major IT problems at the moment. I guess the back room staff are working with ledgers and quill pens until it's sorted.
    Je suis sabot...
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 7th Feb 18, 11:11 AM
    • 2,152 Posts
    • 2,139 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    Rob, I suggest you stick with it for now. As long as you gave your closing reading to the previous supplier, you won't have an issue. Even if you sent your closing reading to Together, they would have to wait for verification.

I know Together have problems at the moment and I am told that they are in the process of sorting them. I thought about switching but they still offer a much better deal than any available for me at the moment -- 11.103ppkWh and 23.26ppd fixed. I am elec only. Better Energy for gas, who have been excellent.
    Je suis sabot...
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 12th Feb 18, 11:51 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    meherenow
    Well, I've had enough of them ignoring me - not to mention they taking around £20 over the odds on my direct debit, now cancelled and I'm off to Bulb who of course will kindly pay my exit fees, SHOULD I EVER GET THE FINAL BILL of course!
    • robj20
    • By robj20 12th Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    robj20
    Well, I've had enough of them ignoring me - not to mention they taking around £20 over the odds on my direct debit, now cancelled and I'm off to Bulb who of course will kindly pay my exit fees, SHOULD I EVER GET THE FINAL BILL of course!
    No fees to leave bulb either so im just going to keep an eye on prices and once my accounts and multiple changes are sorted will change again. Together have really put me off just going for the cheapest now, so it will only be good reviewed companies in the future. SoEnergy were brilliant for me, accurate bill each month if i sent my readings in by the 8th and most importantly how ever i choose to contact them, usually via facebook i get a reply within 20 minutes.
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 15th Feb 18, 10:56 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    meherenow
    Oh dear, had the following back from Bulb:

"It looks as though your transfer over to us has been rejected by the industry as a result of your registration being too soon after a previous registration. I will have to wait a week before I can reapply for your gas and electricity"

I didn't realise there was a time limit in between switches?

This is really stressing me out I have to say and I will ask the ombudsman to take this into account when my complaint inevitably goes to them.

Now 2 months exactly since I supposedly closed my old account at my previous address yet I still do not have a final bill. So much for a final bill to be calculated within 6 weeks?
    Last edited by meherenow; 15-02-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 15th Feb 18, 11:46 AM
    • 6,846 Posts
    • 4,403 Thanks
    Hengus

Now 2 months exactly since I supposedly closed my old account at my previous address yet I still do not have a final bill. So much for a final bill to be calculate within 6 weeks?
    Suppliers have to use their REASONABLE* endeavours to raise a Final Bill within 6 weeks of the actual date that the supply was transferred. You need to raise a written complaint.

* Lawyers make £Ms each year arguing about what is reasonable and what is not in contract law.

https://united-kingdom.taylorwessing.com/synapse/commercial_endeavours.html
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 15th Feb 18, 6:02 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    meherenow
    Suppliers have to use their REASONABLE* endeavours to raise a Final Bill within 6 weeks of the actual date that the supply was transferred. You need to raise a written complaint.

* Lawyers make £Ms each year arguing about what is reasonable and what is not in contract law.

https://united-kingdom.taylorwessing.com/synapse/commercial_endeavours.html
    Originally posted by Hengus
    Already raised an official complaint via email - they have 3 weeks left now before I escalate it to the ombudsman.

They haven't even ACKNOWLEDGED my complaint or subsequent emails.

edit: of course what is not disputed is that I can have the ombudsman step in after begin continually ignored for 8 weeks. I look forward to that happening.
    Last edited by meherenow; 21-02-2018 at 7:19 PM. Reason: info
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 21st Feb 18, 7:16 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    meherenow
    Interstingly, Bulb cannot switch me at the moment as another company has put in for the switch at the same time.

They've informed me that "Together Energy Supply Ltd" took over my energy as I expected (when my smart meter ceased to work) on 28/12/17, but that my energy is switching to "Together Energy (Eddington)" from 01/03/18.

What on earth is going on there then?
    • fryedslyce
    • By fryedslyce 21st Feb 18, 9:12 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    fryedslyce
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/UlEzU1Clh7DHcRA3ZmS64lS6YPg/appointments
    • meherenow
    • By meherenow 22nd Feb 18, 7:43 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 72 Thanks
    meherenow
    I wonder why you would need to front a NEW energy company to accompany your other fairly new energy company (that, er, started out OK but is now mired in bad feedback)?

And can you switch customers onto this without their permission?

I cannot see them resolving my issues in a couple of weeks (especially since they have flat out ignored me, not even so much as an automated email!) so interesting times ahead as I prepare to forward my complaint onto the ombudsman.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

298Posts Today

1,812Users online

Martin's Twitter