Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    • 94Posts
    • 26Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback
    • 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback 17th Nov 17 at 1:44 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Pure Planet

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-11-2018 at 1:56 PM.
Page 2
    • KateWhittaker
    • By KateWhittaker 9th Feb 18, 8:18 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KateWhittaker
    Getting double charged by PurePlanet &old supplier
    Pure Planet arranged my switch and started charging me from 29th December. I am very alarmed to find today that my previous provider is also still charging me for both gas and electricity, so Pure Planet appear to have failed to complete the switch properly. It is very alarming not being able to ring or send an email to raise an issue as serious as this, all they seem to let you do is post messages into the ether and there are lots of messages from other people saying that they can't get an answer!
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 9th Feb 18, 9:54 PM
    • 6,853 Posts
    • 4,404 Thanks
    Hengus
    Pure Planet arranged my switch and started charging me from 29th December. I am very alarmed to find today that my previous provider is also still charging me for both gas and electricity, so Pure Planet appear to have failed to complete the switch properly. It is very alarming not being able to ring or send an email to raise an issue as serious as this, all they seem to let you do is post messages into the ether and there are lots of messages from other people saying that they can't get an answer!
    Originally posted by KateWhittaker
    Hi - welcome to the forum. It is not usual to end up paying two suppliers in the month or so after a switch. I doubt that the problem sits with Pure Planet. They no doubt asked you for meter readings. These readings are independently verified and they are then passed to both suppliers to open and close your accounts. The losing supplier has 6 weeks from the date of the actual transfer under EU Law to raise your Final Bill. You will not pay for the same energy twice but you should check that the opening and closing readings are the same.
    • makeem95
    • By makeem95 12th Feb 18, 6:25 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    makeem95
    I would love to be able to sign up, but after getting my quote in the app and starting the switch process by entering my details, I get a server error message. Not a good start.
  • PurePlanet
    Originally posted by KateWhittaker
    Hi @KateWhittaker
    The reply from @Hengus is spot on. Your old supplier won't cancel their Direct Debit until your final bill has been produced - this takes up to six weeks after your switch is complete. You can cancel your old supplier's Direct Debit directly with your bank if you wish to stop further payments. We would recommend speaking to your old supplier before doing so.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Last edited by PurePlanet; 12-02-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Adding my name
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PurePlanet
    I would love to be able to sign up, but after getting my quote in the app and starting the switch process by entering my details, I get a server error message. Not a good start.
    Originally posted by makeem95
    Hi @makeem95 What phone are you using? If it's Android we support versions 5.0 and above (that's 'Lollipop' and above).

Marc @Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • Boochiwawa
    • By Boochiwawa 12th Feb 18, 12:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Boochiwawa
    Joint names
    Hi Pure Planet

Is it possible to sign up in joint names so that either myself or my wife can access the account and deal with payments/problems etc?

Thanks
    BW
    • makeem95
    • By makeem95 13th Feb 18, 4:37 AM
    • 38 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    makeem95
    Hi @makeem95 What phone are you using? If it's Android we support versions 5.0 and above (that's 'Lollipop' and above).

Marc @Pure Planet
    Originally posted by PurePlanet
    My phone is Nexus 6p on stock Android 8.1.0 so nothing special.
    • Jonathan Bradley
    • By Jonathan Bradley 13th Feb 18, 9:19 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jonathan Bradley
    Jonathan Bradley
    I have had a similar problem with this supplier just had to abandon my switch with them as I started my switch in early January and have heard nothing from them . I will now try a supplier from Martins recommended list !!!!! Perhaps Marc ought to get some more bodies on the job ???
  • PurePlanet
    Hi makeem95
    Hmm that's strange. Stock Android is usually the most reliable, ie the OS on Nexus and Pixel phones.
    We've just released an updated version - v7.0.5 - can you download that from Google Play and see how that goes?
    Thanks, Marc
    Verified Company
  • PurePlanet
    Hi Jonathan
    Sorry to hear that you have had some problems. What kind? Was it related to your phone?
    Thanks
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • PurePlanet
    Marc - a question for you - is it possible in the app to see my historic meter reading submissions along with the date?
    Originally posted by jhorsfieldbradbury
    Hi
    Currently no, you can only see your most recent submission. But this feature will be added soon.
    That info is in your monthly statement sent by email.
    Hope that helps!
    Marc @Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • PurePlanet
    Hi Pure Planet

Is it possible to sign up in joint names so that either myself or my wife can access the account and deal with payments/problems etc?

Thanks
    BW
    Originally posted by Boochiwawa
    Hi Boochiwawa
    Sorry, you can't add someone else to the account at the moment. We're working on that

Marc @Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • Emsden1
    • By Emsden1 17th Feb 18, 10:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Emsden1
    I've had huge problems with this app based utility provider. The App either doesn't load, freezes, or continually whirrs with the message that it's taking longer than usual - er - 30 plus minutes? I didn't discover this issue until I tried to upload my meter readings, which by misfortune is after the 14 day switch cancellation deadline. There is no online access to the company, or phone number, only a community help forum. All solutions direct you to the app, which does not work reliably. From other comments on the Pure Planet community help forum it seems I'm not alone. I want to cancel my switch and choose another green provider but apparently you can only do that by going into the app which I can't get in to. I can't even upload my meter readings to get it going and switch again later. It's beyond frustrating.
  • PurePlanet
    I've had huge problems with this app based utility provider. The App either doesn't load, freezes, or continually whirrs with the message that it's taking longer than usual - er - 30 plus minutes? I didn't discover this issue until I tried to upload my meter readings, which by misfortune is after the 14 day switch cancellation deadline. There is no online access to the company, or phone number, only a community help forum. All solutions direct you to the app, which does not work reliably. From other comments on the Pure Planet community help forum it seems I'm not alone. I want to cancel my switch and choose another green provider but apparently you can only do that by going into the app which I can't get in to. I can't even upload my meter readings to get it going and switch again later. It's beyond frustrating.
    Originally posted by Emsden1
    Hi @Emsden1
    Sorry to hear that you have experienced some problems with our app. Although I have also replied to you in the Pure Planet Community I just wanted to respond here too for the benefit of others. We've just updated our app and it includes a fix for some members who weren't able to submit meter readings. The version which sorts this is 7.0.11. Here are the links to the App Store and to Google Play.
    If you have already switched to us then to cancel all you have to do is switch to another supplier 10 days after your switch date. We don't charge any exit fees and would love to see you back at Pure Planet again in the future.

Hope that helps, sorry again that you had a frustrating time.
    @Marc at Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • Emsden1
    • By Emsden1 19th Feb 18, 5:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Emsden1
    Hi Marc, thanks for your reply, I have finally managed to download the app and upload the meter readings but am finding the app so frustrating to use. I am replying here as I can't seem to reply via the Pure Planet app which sends me round in endless circles - each time I try to reply I have to do a fresh security check which I am required to verify on my mobile, but I can't then view or reply via my pc without doing it all over again. And finding the thread on my mobile is close to impossible (I haven't managed). I'm not as tech savvy as some but am not bad, and Pure Planet needs to be easier. While I am now set up I dread having any problems or questions as I will have to start this rigmarole all over again.
  • PurePlanet
    Hi Marc, thanks for your reply, I have finally managed to download the app and upload the meter readings but am finding the app so frustrating to use. I am replying here as I can't seem to reply via the Pure Planet app which sends me round in endless circles - each time I try to reply I have to do a fresh security check which I am required to verify on my mobile, but I can't then view or reply via my pc without doing it all over again. And finding the thread on my mobile is close to impossible (I haven't managed). I'm not as tech savvy as some but am not bad, and Pure Planet needs to be easier. While I am now set up I dread having any problems or questions as I will have to start this rigmarole all over again.
    Originally posted by Emsden1
    Hi @Emsden1 No worries. And it's great to hear that you got the app downloaded and meter readings sent
    Your feedback is really useful.
    If you have any issues at all you can message the team. All you have to is head to Help in the app and type 'message the team' and they will respond when they can. Itís not a live-chat service but someone will get back to you.
    And you can always direct message me too
    @Marc at Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • bgschley
    • By bgschley 27th Feb 18, 10:37 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bgschley
    Smart Meters
    Hi there,

A quick question - we have smart meters installed. would I still have to provide you with meter readings or are you guys able to get the data from the smart meters?

Cheers

George
  • PurePlanet
    Hi there,

A quick question - we have smart meters installed. would I still have to provide you with meter readings or are you guys able to get the data from the smart meters?

Cheers

George
    Originally posted by bgschley
    Hi George
    With the current smart meters the smart functionality is only available with the supplier that installed the meter.
    Second generation smart meters (called ĎSMETS2í) are due to be available later this year. These are going to be 'smarter' because they'll work regardless of the supplier who installs them.
    We're already working on our national rollout plan for SMETS2 meters, to make sure these are available to all of our members once the meters are ready.
    So, for now, you'd have to send us meter readings manually.

Hope that helps!
    Cheers
    Marc @Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • Dunkelmann
    • By Dunkelmann 7th Mar 18, 4:16 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Dunkelmann
    This some feedback for Pure Planet.
    I won't be switching because I want a web-based/email-supporting supplier.

I do not have a clever phone but I do have a tablet. The comments here about the app fill me with unease: it may be unreliable and it does not seem very feature-rich.

As demographic background, I am a retired software engineer so technology does not faze me when it works and has sufficient capability.

I think PP are making a mistake chasing only phone-savvy clients. This web-savvy potential customer will go with what has worked.
  • PurePlanet
    Hi @Dunkelmann
    Thank you for this feedback. Our app does work on tablet. It's optimised (design-wise) for mobile but we do have many members who choose to use a tablet, and in terms of functionality it's fine.
    Features-wise, we're adding more through iteration.
    But I take your point of course, and I'll feed this back to the team.
    (Side note, I'm personally interested in the Android/Chrome mirroring work that Google is working on. Where Android apps can effectively be run on desktop - though I do appreciate that this isn't quite the same thing).

Thanks
    Marc @Pure Planet
    Verified Company
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,749Posts Today

6,076Users online

Martin's Twitter