Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 2nd Jan 18, 10:53 AM
    • 1,218Posts
    • 694Thanks
    poppellerant
    Feedback on Utility Point
    • 2nd Jan 18, 10:53 AM
    Feedback on Utility Point 2nd Jan 18 at 10:53 AM
    Having compared my tariff online, this company seems to be the same price as my existing Flex4 tariff with Iresa. But even Googling Utility Point's name didn't instantly find their website. I can't seem to find much, if any, feedback on this company so they must be relatively new. I only found them with Energy Helpline's comparison site.

If anybody has any comments or feedback to make on this company, I'd really like to hear them. Even if you're in the middle of switching, it'd be good to see how they treat potential customers. I did try to call them today, but it seems they are closed.

This is their website: https://www.utilitypoint.co.uk/
Page 10
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 7th Dec 18, 11:10 AM
    • 693 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    wavelets
    I'm trying to switch to Utility Point online but after they show the tariffs available, I can't seem to go any further. Any advice?
    Originally posted by esmerelda98
    Are you able to sign up online, Maxwell? I still can’t.
    Originally posted by esmerelda98
    What issue are you having signing up with them online?

Their "Direct" tariffs are only available direct from them.
    (i.e you cannot switch to them via a comparison site, although the comparison site may show them, but ask you to go direct to the supplier's website)

Get an online quote from their website, and at the bottom of your quote, there is a 'Switch Now' button
    Last edited by wavelets; 07-12-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    • esmerelda98
    • By esmerelda98 7th Dec 18, 12:02 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 930 Thanks
    esmerelda98
    The 'switch now' button was missing but the Chat Rep told me that pressing the area on the screen where it should be should work. Thanks for replying.
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 7th Dec 18, 12:15 PM
    • 7,783 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    Stompa
    Their website seems to be misbehaving. If you get a quote and then click on 'Tariff Information', you get taken to a page where all the relevant numbers are missing.
    Stompa
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 7th Dec 18, 12:44 PM
    • 693 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    wavelets
    Their website seems to be misbehaving. If you get a quote and then click on 'Tariff Information', you get taken to a page where all the relevant numbers are missing.
    Originally posted by Stompa
    Site works fine for me.
    Has the 'Switch Now' button, and all the information included in the 'Tariff Information'
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 7th Dec 18, 1:33 PM
    • 7,783 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    Stompa
    Site works fine for me.
    Has the 'Switch Now' button, and all the information included in the 'Tariff Information'
    Originally posted by wavelets
    Very odd, it still doesn't for me (I tried 2 different browsers). It was the same yesterday.
    Stompa
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 7th Dec 18, 1:58 PM
    • 693 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    wavelets
    Very odd, it still doesn't for me (I tried 2 different browsers). It was the same yesterday.
    Ah, there does seem to be an issue with some results.

My first results only gave me one tariff option "Just UP 18 Week 38 Direct"
    ... and it all worked

Just did another comparison for a different region, and non-E7 usage, and it gave 2 results - this includes UP Energy Saver as an alternative.
    - this fails to have any info under Tariff Information

(But the 'Switch Now' is there - it's nowt a button, and only appears when I move the cursor above 'Tariff Information')

I'll add some screen shots to explain better ....

Edit: so it seems to be an issue based on the supply region

Here were the results for the Eastern Region

And when I clicked on 'Tariff Information'

But When I did a quote foir the London supply region (different usages), my first results page was

Then expanding, say, the first offering

Moving my cursor above 'Tariff Information'

And then clicking on 'Tariff Information'

Last edited by wavelets; 07-12-2018 at 2:19 PM.
    • esmerelda98
    • By esmerelda98 7th Dec 18, 2:31 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 930 Thanks
    esmerelda98
    I have the same problem as Stompa. No tariff information and the ‘switch now’ button is invisible.
    • Chocmonster7
    • By Chocmonster7 7th Dec 18, 4:05 PM
    • 2,318 Posts
    • 2,058 Thanks
    Chocmonster7
    "Early exit fee £72" WOOOOW
    Originally posted by Maxwell007

That's £30 each for dual fuel plus the VAT, seems to be a standard charge for these types of fixed deals.
    • Terresa
    • By Terresa 7th Dec 18, 5:12 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    Terresa
    Strangely I've not yet received my monthly statement this month. In previous months it's always appeared either on the last day of the month or the first day of the next month.
    Is your bill for last month available yet? Ours is available via our online account, dated 04/12/2018

What is the last day of your billing cycle?

We get billed up to the last day of the month, so provide our meter readings on that day (and so get non-estimated bills)

We've never had the bill produced that day, or even the first of the following month. Look at our past bills, they seem to be dated between the 2nd and the 6th of the following month.

Bearing in mind the 1st & 2nd of December 2018 were Saturday & Sunday, having a bill dated 4th is not bad at all.
    • JustMeHere
    • By JustMeHere 10th Dec 18, 10:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JustMeHere
    For those having trouble seeing the tariff information and switch buttons, I had the same issue as well until I realised that it's a 'responsive' site and when I increased the size of the browser window the tariff details and switch buttons suddenly appeared. I was using Chrome on a Macbook if that helps.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,355Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin