Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fewkeste
    • By fewkeste 21st Apr 17, 5:18 PM
    • 295Posts
    • 177Thanks
    fewkeste
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop
    • 21st Apr 17, 5:18 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop 21st Apr 17 at 5:18 PM
    I'm just in the process of switching from Robin Hood Energy to Powershop and would like to receive feedback and comments about this new supplier. Apparently they are well established in Australia and New Zealand and are operating in the UK under the Npower licence at present.
Page 50
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 7th Dec 18, 9:56 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Tafrock
    Christmas sparkle powerpack released today with 52% discount. Best yet I believe. For £4.50 I get £9.37 and there's a teaser of more to come. In the small print it says 'Collect all of our extra-special festive specials and get Christmas wrapped up.'

Thank you powershop.
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 7th Dec 18, 10:03 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Umiamz
    Grr - hoping I don't miss out on these high-discount powerpacks. I've just been told that it's now taking up to a month to give access to the shop on new accounts They need to change their welcome pack and other emails which are saying no more than 9 working days.
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 7th Dec 18, 10:07 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Tafrock
    I'd give them a ring if I was you and say you want to buy these packs. I've always found customer services very obliging explain that you would buy them if you had access and you're missing out through no fault of your own. Go for it
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 7th Dec 18, 10:09 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Umiamz
    I called them this morning and mentioned this but was told not to worry - I wouldn't miss out. I wasn't entirely convinced, though, as she sounded very young and as if she was reading from a script.

I'll ring again next week if there's no movement on my account.
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 7th Dec 18, 10:13 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Tafrock
    Make a note of the packs you would have bought like todays Christmas sparkle powerpack. May even be worth emailing customer services too so you get it in writing that you won't miss out.
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 7th Dec 18, 10:14 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Tafrock
    If you go on powershop uk Facebook page it posts when new packs are available as you can't yet see what your missing with no access to shop
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 7th Dec 18, 10:31 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Umiamz
    Make a note of the packs you would have bought like todays Christmas sparkle powerpack. May even be worth emailing customer services too so you get it in writing that you won't miss out.
    Originally posted by Tafrock
    Good idea - I have sent them an email.
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 7th Dec 18, 12:27 PM
    • 3,806 Posts
    • 1,834 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    I've just been told that it's now taking up to a month to give access to the shop on new accounts
    Originally posted by Umiamz
    @UtilityPoint jumps to the front of my queue for next supplier...
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • fewkeste
    • By fewkeste 7th Dec 18, 3:10 PM
    • 295 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    fewkeste
    They might credit your account with the discount you've lost out on
    Good idea - I have sent them an email.
    Originally posted by Umiamz
    I joined 19th April 2017 but my account didn't go live until 30th June. There was a delay because my previous supplier didn't send the relevant information over in a timely manner.

Powershop credited my account with an amount equal to what I would have saved had I been able to buy the various Powerpacks on offer even though the delay wasn't their fault.
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 12th Dec 18, 8:05 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Umiamz
    No reply to my email sent on the 7th yet, but my gas account is now live and I have access to the shop. Strange, because electricity was the first to go on supply a few days earlier than gas. Anyway, they have underestimated my gas usage - I've actually used £44-worth so far and they have estimated £29, hence I assume that the powerpacks that I'm being offered are based on their lower estimate.

Questions:

Now that I've entered some meter readings and brought it up to date, will those powerpacks be adjusted, or am I stuck with them at their current value?

Should I wait for electricity to go live before I start buying powerpacks? I'm wondering if the existing powerpacks will be adjusted to take into account the addition of electricity or whether new powerpacks will be offered.

FYI, here are the powerpacks on offer:

Winter Shaker: 35% - 9 days
    Smarty-pants: 20.2% - 3 days
    Major Saver: 18.8% - 6 days
    Heave-Ho: 17.5% - 13 days

There are also some future packs - two each of:

February: 41.5% - 6 days
    March: 5.4% - 6 days
    April: 5.4% - 6 days
    May: 14% - 5 days
    Last edited by Umiamz; Yesterday at 8:08 AM.
    • KTF
    • By KTF 12th Dec 18, 8:07 AM
    • 4,707 Posts
    • 1,929 Thanks
    KTF
    Buy every power pack. As you give more readings, they will be adjusted for your consumption.
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 12th Dec 18, 8:36 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Umiamz
    Buy every power pack. As you give more readings, they will be adjusted for your consumption.
    Originally posted by KTF
    Thanks for replying but I'm not sure that answers my questions, so let me rephrase.

According to Powershop, powerpacks cover both gas and electricity, but these powerpacks that I'm being offered clearly only cover gas, because my electricity account is not yet available in the shop. They have also underestimated my gas usage.

So, what I really want to know is if the powerpacks that I can currently see in the shop will be changed in value to cover my ACTUAL usage of gas (and electricity when it is added) or are those current powerpacks fixed.

The reason I ask is that I don't want to buy these powerpacks now if they are going to increase in value when electricity gets added.

I'm going to ring Powershop and ask, but I'm asking here in case other users have been in the same situation, i.e. the shop opening for just one fuel with the other fuel being added later.
    • KTF
    • By KTF 12th Dec 18, 8:47 AM
    • 4,707 Posts
    • 1,929 Thanks
    KTF
    When my electricity moved over after the gas I had more power packs appear to buy.

With two services, you tend to get offered 2 of the same power packs instead of 1 if you only have a single service.

If you buy the ones on offer now then they won’t be adjusted later but you should find more ‘bonus’ ones appear once you start giving regular readings as these are used to cover any difference between the estimated and actual consumption.
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 12th Dec 18, 8:57 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Umiamz
    When my electricity moved over after the gas I had more power packs appear to buy.

With two services, you tend to get offered 2 of the same power packs instead of 1 if you only have a single service.

If you buy the ones on offer now then they won’t be adjusted later but you should find more ‘bonus’ ones appear once you start giving regular readings as these are used to cover any difference between the estimated and actual consumption.
    Originally posted by KTF
    Great - thanks, that makes things much clearer
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 12th Dec 18, 10:05 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Tafrock
    I only have one fuel with powershop but as I understand it all powerpacks apply to both fuels. I know this because I enquired how it was going to work with both fuels during a rather lengthy call to customer services when I was weighing up whether powershops gas was competitive or not

The powerpacks you have been offered will not alter or increase in value so buy them or you'll lose those discounts.

I'm sure when your electricity comes on stream you will be offered extra ones. Your main goal now is to get a fair amount of credit in the bank whilst powershop are offering substantial discounts
    • Umiamz
    • By Umiamz 12th Dec 18, 11:55 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Umiamz
    I only have one fuel with powershop but as I understand it all powerpacks apply to both fuels. I know this because I enquired how it was going to work with both fuels during a rather lengthy call to customer services when I was weighing up whether powershops gas was competitive or not

The powerpacks you have been offered will not alter or increase in value so buy them or you'll lose those discounts.

I'm sure when your electricity comes on stream you will be offered extra ones. Your main goal now is to get a fair amount of credit in the bank whilst powershop are offering substantial discounts
    Originally posted by Tafrock
    Thanks, I've bought the powerpacks I mentioned above and it looks like that will see me a couple of days into the next billing period, which is good. I haven't bought the February ones yet - they are available until the 31st December.
    • Tafrock
    • By Tafrock 12th Dec 18, 1:28 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Tafrock
    Yes there's no rush to buy the future packs yet. If you build up enough credit you won't even need to bother with March or April future packs. Their discounts are very poor but make sure you don't forget to purchase those February ones. They have a hefty discount. Welcome to powershop. 18 months in and I'm still enjoying energy at a reasonable rate. My monthly bill rarely creeps over thirty pounds for electricity though I am a low user.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

127Posts Today

2,264Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin