Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 9th Jan 18, 3:48 PM
    • 94Posts
    • 26Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy
    • 9th Jan 18, 3:48 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Together Energy 9th Jan 18 at 3:48 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Together Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 3
    • bradders1983
    • By bradders1983 15th Nov 18, 8:21 AM
    • 196 Posts
    • 87 Thanks
    bradders1983
    Hooray! At last I am free from Together Energy. Joined in August 2017, left end July 2018. At no stage in that 11 month period did I ever get a correct bill. I have been chasing regularly since early August '18 to get a correct final bill. After over 15 phone calls, 15 emails and a complaints escalation, I have now had 3 final bills of which the last one was correct!. At least they refunded my £23 promptly.
    AVOID this company, they are totally clueless
    Originally posted by rob37uk
    I left them in early September and my new company started supply on the 7th of that month.

We are now on the 15th November and I still havent had a final bill from Together, despite me working out the final bill will be around £60. Their loss if they don't actually want it, I have already rang them three times and sent them two emails, I know from a phone call they actually have my final reading so why no bill has been created I have absolutely no idea.

But when I do get the final bill I will be waiting the same amount of time they took to send it me to actually pay it, to restore the cosmic balance.
    • BEK33
    • By BEK33 15th Nov 18, 8:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BEK33
    Clueless or shameless?
    Started with Together Energy in February, left in July. They are so incompetent; I'd update online portal meter readings but only 2 monthly bills produced, so I'm missing 3 bills including the final. The two bills I did get were muddled up, even had completely different figures to those I submitted. They increased monthly bills by £14 even though I was hardly in my house. Repeated complaints ignored so I cancelled direct debits and said I was leaving and won't be paying early exit fee; still nothing. Demand for final bill with refund of £77 due to being over charged also ignored, until threatened with ombudsman. Then they promise a final bill within 2 weeks. Ombudsman involved another month later as no show and online portal still active with my missing bills. Together Energy now propose they will give me £35 good will gesture and will work on my final bill - clearly still haven't bothered to make one, and I suspect if I agree to this meagre offer I won't see my refund due...
    • pknottm
    • By pknottm 21st Nov 18, 3:58 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    pknottm
    How long to wait for a final bill?

I switched away from Together Energy on 24th Sept and the switch
    completed on the 11th Oct. I supplied my final readings to both my new supplier and to TogetherEnergy.

I haven't heard anything since, no replies to emails and no phone calls answered.

Any advice as to how to force them to supply a final bill? I estimate that they owe me approx £80.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 21st Nov 18, 4:15 PM
    • 6,840 Posts
    • 4,395 Thanks
    Hengus
    How long to wait for a final bill?

I switched away from Together Energy on 24th Sept and the switch
    completed on the 11th Oct. I supplied my final readings to both my new supplier and to TogetherEnergy.

I haven't heard anything since, no replies to emails and no phone calls answered.

Any advice as to how to force them to supply a final bill? I estimate that they owe me approx £80.
    Originally posted by pknottm
    Suppliers have to use their reasonable efforts to raise a Final Bill no later than 6 weeks after the actual transfer of supply. To raise a Final Bill, the losing supplier needs industry-verified readings from the gaining supplier. The validation process normally takes about 10 to 14 days. Ask your new supplier whether validated readings have been passed to your old supplier.

https://octopus.energy/blog/secret-life-opening-meter-reading/
    Last edited by Hengus; 21-11-2018 at 4:20 PM.
    • markwallder
    • By markwallder 28th Nov 18, 12:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    markwallder
    Together Energy are absolutely rubbish and must be avoided at all costs.

After switching to Together Energy, as part of a money saving exercise, I have been completely let down by them. The switch happened on time and without issue. But after that it all went downhill. I never recieved any communications from them, not even a welcome and instructions pack. They took money from me each month and that was it. To this day (over a year later and 2 months since switching again) I still have no idea how much energy I used or if I am in credit or debt. After submitting regular readings, I've never had a bill or an account balance, online or by post. I've never had replies to my emails, even after the one time I managed to speak to them on the phone I've had no response to the problems mentioned.
    So, I will not hold my breath waiting to recieve my final bill from them. The 6 weeks to produce that has long since past.

I will think twice before giving the little companies my business next time.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 28th Nov 18, 4:05 PM
    • 2,152 Posts
    • 2,139 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    I was with them and escaped last summer. They are terrible -- look at the MSE energy company poll. However, it's not about small companies. NPower were awful for me but Better Energy and Zebra Power have been great. Worth looking at the stats about customer experience as well as price.
    Je suis sabot...
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 29th Nov 18, 8:38 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    I was also with them until escaping 4 months ago... good riddance. I switched to Yorkshire Energy and they've been great. Meter readings requested every month, bills produced every month - been great so far..
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 29th Nov 18, 9:25 AM
    • 6,840 Posts
    • 4,395 Thanks
    Hengus
    Together Energy are absolutely rubbish and must be avoided at all costs.

After switching to Together Energy, as part of a money saving exercise, I have been completely let down by them. The switch happened on time and without issue. But after that it all went downhill. I never recieved any communications from them, not even a welcome and instructions pack. They took money from me each month and that was it. To this day (over a year later and 2 months since switching again) I still have no idea how much energy I used or if I am in credit or debt. After submitting regular readings, I've never had a bill or an account balance, online or by post. I've never had replies to my emails, even after the one time I managed to speak to them on the phone I've had no response to the problems mentioned.
    So, I will not hold my breath waiting to recieve my final bill from them. The 6 weeks to produce that has long since past.

I will think twice before giving the little companies my business next time.
    Originally posted by markwallder
    That might be a little short-sighted. There are some excellent small suppliers. For example, from experience, I have had good customer service/billing from Bulb; Octopus and Zog. Conversely, I have had appalling customer service from one of the bigger suppliers that has elected for offshore customer service.
    • gb908010
    • By gb908010 30th Nov 18, 5:07 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    gb908010
    I need advice please? Switched from TE on the 1/10/18 too OFTM.
    OFTM have been requesting for closing meter readings from TE on a few occasions but they have been ignored.
    I have phoned TE on at least 5 occasions and been told a different story every time.

They apparently have been changing systems and that's why they haven't sent the readings to OFTM.

Now can someone tell me the actual process? As i am being told stories by both sides and i need to know who does what so i can be more firm on the phone.

For me i have a major issue.

TE owe me £80
    OFTM opening meter readings are estimated so i am paying for gas and electric i have already paid for too TE. Huge difference at my loss.

I have phoned TE today and they have promised me it will be sorted Monday morning as the system change be finalized midnight tonight.

Is this another lie or the truth?

Who do i escalate this too as 8 weeks to close an account is over the industry 6 week standard.

To make things worse i want to leave OFTM due to the continued price increases so TE energy dragging their heels is just slowing everything down.
    • gb908010
    • By gb908010 30th Nov 18, 5:13 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    gb908010
    Suppliers have to use their reasonable efforts to raise a Final Bill no later than 6 weeks after the actual transfer of supply. To raise a Final Bill, the losing supplier needs industry-verified readings from the gaining supplier. The validation process normally takes about 10 to 14 days. Ask your new supplier whether validated readings have been passed to your old supplier.

Originally posted by Hengus

Well its now 8 weeks since i switched from TE and OFTM are telling me they have asked for verification on the opening/closing readings but TE isnt replying?

I have spoke to TE and they apparently are updating the system and will be fixed tonight???

Who do i believe? Who can i bring in to sort these out?

Everytime i phone OFTM they tell me they have requested the readings from TE and everytime i speak to TE they tell me they have supplied and then they tell me they are upgrading the system.

Ill be phoning TE monday as they said they will be able to confirm the closure of the account but I'm not confident.
    • JamesCG26
    • By JamesCG26 30th Nov 18, 6:37 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JamesCG26
    I also switched from TE to OFTM about 9 weeks ago (9/10/2018) (bad move!) and am now switching again.

I submitted readings to TE like 2 days before I switched and also provided OFTM my opening readings. OFTM contacted me and said the readings that TE have provided for gas to them are different to what I supplied. The difference is about 1500kw. So I used 1500kw gas in 2 days according to TE.

No final bill from TE but with my workings out they owe my like £68.

OFTM have said they have disputed the opening reading but in my view TE have inflated the closing reading to avoid having to refund me.
    Last edited by JamesCG26; 30-11-2018 at 6:40 PM.
    • bettyboon
    • By bettyboon 3rd Dec 18, 8:25 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    bettyboon
    Avoid this company
    The customer service is appalling and I wish I had never signed up to this company. The bills arrive nearly a month late every time. I have had a problem with my meter and I have waited in twice now for someone to come out and check it but they do not arrive. The staff appear to be very young and untrained. Basically they say anything just to get customers off the phone in my opinion.
    • PhilJH1
    • By PhilJH1 4th Dec 18, 12:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PhilJH1
    Without doubt the worst company of any sort that I have had to deal with. I started my contract in June and Together decided to use a meter reading for my gas which was much lower than the end meter reading for my previous supplier NPower. The NPower reading was the correct one, meaning Together had overcharged me in excess of £100. 16 (sixteen) phone calls later in which delay, prevarication and downright lies were deployed in equal measure we are no further towards a resolution. I've sent emails to the complaints resolution team and have had no replies, I have opened 2 complaints from which I have had no communication back on. The case is now open with the ombudsman and I wait to see if they can pressure them in to actually acknowledging that they have to resolve this.
    • olisun
    • By olisun 7th Dec 18, 7:12 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    olisun
    No final bill from TE but with my workings out they owe my like £68.

OFTM have said they have disputed the opening reading but in my view TE have inflated the closing reading to avoid having to refund me.
    Originally posted by JamesCG26

I am in a similar position.

I switched in September and after the switch TE continued taking money via DD for the next 2 months. They only cancelled the DD after I called them.

They refunded me one of the amounts and have kept hold of the second one plus they have the money for September.

I have called them numerous times and also sent emails (no response to emails as yet) and each time I was told that the final bill will be generated manually soon.

I think they are hoping people can give up so they can pocket the cash (probably take the administration route)
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 7th Dec 18, 7:16 AM
    • 141 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    I’m beginning to think I was lucky to get out a bit earlier with my cash.
    Good luck people !
    • dag33
    • By dag33 7th Dec 18, 11:54 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dag33
    Avoid at all costs
    If you want lies, delays, more lies, more delays, inaccurate bills, incompetent infrastructure, shambles of an online portal, inability to take/process meter reading, more lies, more delays, 30+ minute on hold each time, no calls back as promised, more lies, more delays THEN please feel free to be tempted by their tariff....

If, however, you want and expect a modicum of competency and even a scintilla of customer service from your energy supplier THEN DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THESE SHYSTERS!

A complete and utter shambles from start to finish, thankfully I am now free from them with my tariff ending, however it has taken weeks to get a final bill (despite me sending numerous final reading emails, and 10+ phone calls), they owed me north of £1000 and it has taken even longer to get my money back, with hours wasted chasing them. AVOID!
    • pknottm
    • By pknottm 10th Dec 18, 4:12 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    pknottm

Originally posted by Hengus
    What's the best way of getting a final bill from Together Energy?
    They ignore all my emails and phone calls (I'm always very polite).

My new supplier have confirmed they have received validated reading "we can confirm that both the gas and electricity meter readings has been validated by the Industry on 25th October 2018, and your previous suppliers should have been notified of this."

I have calculated they owe me approx £80 but it's proving impossible to get this back. I can't get a resolution from them as they just ignore me.
    What's the best way forward with this?

Thanks.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 10th Dec 18, 4:59 PM
    • 693 Posts
    • 292 Thanks
    wavelets
    What's the best way of getting a final bill from Together Energy?
    Originally posted by pknottm
    You need to allow 6 weeks from when the switch actually occured for the supplier to produce a final bill.

After that, the usual contact methods are best adopted; contact methods as disclosed on their website

If you still have cause for concern, then I suggest you follow the suppllier's complaint procedure, which is also available on their website
    • mikeyorkie10
    • By mikeyorkie10 10th Dec 18, 6:38 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    mikeyorkie10
    Hi, my account was settled direct with Together 3 months ago and I received my due refund. I have today received an email from a company called Oposlimited purporting to be acting on behalf of Together Energy, demanding settlement of a final bill (£128). Anyone else had this, I’m presuming their data has been hacked.

Addition 12/12/18 - Had a retraction email today !!!!!!! They dont get any better do they!
    Last edited by mikeyorkie10; Yesterday at 7:43 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

1,355Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin