Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    • 94Posts
    • 26Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback
    • 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback 17th Nov 17 at 1:44 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Pure Planet

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-11-2018 at 1:56 PM.
Page 12
    • kirwood
    • By kirwood 23rd Nov 18, 11:50 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kirwood
    Can't transfer or contact anyone
    I tried to transfer to Pure Planet today. Their system says I am on a prepaid meter, which they cannot accept. I checked with both my current suppliers and, as I thought, I am on a smart meter with monthly credit paid by direct debit.

I tried using their help bot but it is apparently less intelligent than me. It was unable to recognise the question, despite numerous variations and so I am nowhere.

Having no other means of communication than a bot is commendable if it works. In its current state it can only act as a deterrent to potential users.

The MSE deal offers the potential for @£10 a week saving. I shall be quite miffed if I miss it.
  • PurePlanet
    I tried to transfer to Pure Planet today. Their system says I am on a prepaid meter, which they cannot accept. I checked with both my current suppliers and, as I thought, I am on a smart meter with monthly credit paid by direct debit.

I tried using their help bot but it is apparently less intelligent than me. It was unable to recognise the question, despite numerous variations and so I am nowhere.

Having no other means of communication than a bot is commendable if it works. In its current state it can only act as a deterrent to potential users.

The MSE deal offers the potential for @£10 a week saving. I shall be quite miffed if I miss it.
    Originally posted by kirwood
    Hi kirwood
    Great to hear that you're looking to switch to Pure Planet
    It sounds like your meters are incorrectly registered as pre-pay in the national database. This can happen - a supplier replaces meters (for example to fit 1st generation smart meters) and doesn't update it.
    You should ask your current supplier to update the database. It'll take a few weeks, but this will also prevent a further potential headache further down the line if you decide to switch.
    Right now if you sent opening meter readings to a new supplier it's likely they will be way off your estimated usage, and will be rejected by the energy regulator. Because the estimated usage will be linked to the old meters.

Hope that helps

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • Ratbag18
    • By Ratbag18 27th Nov 18, 11:27 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ratbag18
    After agreeing to switch I received an email from MSE saying Pure Planet refused the switch but couldn't say why. I switched again to British Gas but have discovered that Pure Plane took my first direct debit payment and have charged me over £76 for 22 days of fuel which is way above what we'd normally pay at this time of year. As I can't speak to a person I am unable to dispute this. It's very frustrating and I wouldn't recommend based on this. The robot tells me I have to wait up to 6 weeks for a refund of the rest of my direct debit payment.
  • PurePlanet
    After agreeing to switch I received an email from MSE saying Pure Planet refused the switch but couldn't say why. I switched again to British Gas but have discovered that Pure Plane took my first direct debit payment and have charged me over £76 for 22 days of fuel which is way above what we'd normally pay at this time of year. As I can't speak to a person I am unable to dispute this. It's very frustrating and I wouldn't recommend based on this. The robot tells me I have to wait up to 6 weeks for a refund of the rest of my direct debit payment.
    Originally posted by Ratbag18
    Hi Ratbag18
    Thanks for the feedback. We wouldn't have refused your switch, but we would have had to stop it if there was an objection from your previous supplier.
    The first payment would be your first full month on supply. We also take a little more in winter, and a little less in summer, to reflect our Members' energy usage.
    As you switched away after 22 days, we'll arrange for the difference to be refunded.
    Sorry that it didn't work out for you. Please don't give up on renewables.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • Karl999
    • By Karl999 28th Nov 18, 6:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Karl999
    Price raised already!
    Joined last month - all smooth until just three weeks after joining they anounced £122 per year increase in billing.
    ...they couldnít even wait a month! What a con!! Wish Iíd stayed where I was!!!
    Donít waste your time...
  • PurePlanet
    Joined last month - all smooth until just three weeks after joining they anounced £122 per year increase in billing.
    ...they couldnít even wait a month! What a con!! Wish Iíd stayed where I was!!!
    Donít waste your time...
    Originally posted by Karl999
    HI Karl999
    We understand it's frustrating because you've just joined us.
    We've one, simple tariff that's variable - it can go up as well as down.
    Even after this change, we're still extremely competitive so we hope you'll decide to stay.
    If not, simply switch to another supplier. We don't charge any exit fees.
    Thanks for joining Pure Planet.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • jackboy1
    • By jackboy1 29th Nov 18, 9:46 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    jackboy1
    HI Karl999
    We understand it's frustrating because you've just joined us.
    We've one, simple tariff that's variable - it can go up as well as down.
    Even after this change, we're still extremely competitive so we hope you'll decide to stay.
    If not, simply switch to another supplier. We don't charge any exit fees.
    Thanks for joining Pure Planet.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Originally posted by PurePlanet
    What an arrogant comment - 'If' not, simply switch to another supplier.'

Now I'm glad I had problems with the switching process and didn't complete!
    • jeff_flambino
    • By jeff_flambino 29th Nov 18, 12:40 PM
    • 183 Posts
    • 75 Thanks
    jeff_flambino
    I joined these and my switch went through today. I also got a email today saying :

This means that, for a typical household using both electricity and gas, the average cost will rise by 8.4%*.

Lovely timing... I take it I can just switch straight away again?
  • PurePlanet
    I joined these and my switch went through today. I also got a email today saying :
    This means that, for a typical household using both electricity and gas, the average cost will rise by 8.4%*.
    Lovely timing... I take it I can just switch straight away again?
    Originally posted by jeff_flambino
    Hi jeff_flambino
    I understand it's frustrating because you've just joined us.
    We've one, simple tariff that's variable - it can go up as well as down - and when it does someone, somewhere will have just joined us... so it's nothing personal.
    Even after this change, we're still extremely competitive so I hope you'll decide to stay. If not, you switch to another supplier after you've been with us for 10 days. We don't charge any exit fees. Thanks for joining Pure Planet.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • Marcio45
    • By Marcio45 29th Nov 18, 4:19 PM
    • 199 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Marcio45
    In defense of Pure Planet all suppliers are increasing their prices. I have just joined the company and they paid my amazon voucher on the day of switch.
    On comparison websites there are only a few cheaper than Pure Planet tarrif from January, but only by £20. Probably not worth another switch... for now.
    • w0z
    • By w0z 29th Nov 18, 5:50 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    w0z

What an arrogant comment - 'If' not, simply switch to another supplier.'

Now I'm glad I had problems with the switching process and didn't complete!
    Originally posted by jackboy1
    The comment simply says if you decide not to stay you can switch to another supplier, (btw there is no exit penalty).
    Not arrogant at all.
    • jackboy1
    • By jackboy1 29th Nov 18, 6:09 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    jackboy1
    The comment simply says if you decide not to stay you can switch to another supplier, (btw there is no exit penalty).
    Not arrogant at all.
    Originally posted by w0z
    Depends on how you read it and based on my experience with Pure Planet, I read it as arrogant.
    • superbull
    • By superbull 3rd Dec 18, 5:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    superbull
    I moved into a new property at the end of September and a comparison said Pure Planet would be cheapest for us so we switched... since then theyíve switched the wrong electricity meter and continued to take my direct debit despite several emails.

My old supplier are also taking payment for our current meter (confirmed via the serial number) so for 2 months right before Christmas Iím paying for someone elseís electricity and they seem incapable of fixing it and ignored many emails. Annoyingly it appears my gas has been switched correctly so I canít even cancel the direct debit.

The fact thereís also no phone number has ensured this has been the most frustrating company Iíve ever dealt the misfortune of dealing with!
  • PurePlanet
    I moved into a new property at the end of September and a comparison said Pure Planet would be cheapest for us so we switched... since then theyíve switched the wrong electricity meter and continued to take my direct debit despite several emails.

My old supplier are also taking payment for our current meter (confirmed via the serial number) so for 2 months right before Christmas Iím paying for someone elseís electricity and they seem incapable of fixing it and ignored many emails. Annoyingly it appears my gas has been switched correctly so I canít even cancel the direct debit.

The fact thereís also no phone number has ensured this has been the most frustrating company Iíve ever dealt the misfortune of dealing with!
    Originally posted by superbull
    Hi superbull
    We don't have a call centre because because we want to keep our costs as low as possible. This means we can pass on savings to our Members.
    If you need to ask a question that is specific to your account, you can ask WattBot, our appís digital assistant. Head to Ďhelpí in the app menu and ask it a question.
    And you need to message the team, type Ďmessage the teamí into WattBot and they will respond. Itís not a live-chat service but someone will always get back to you - they work office hours Monday to Friday.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • JoH6
    • By JoH6 4th Dec 18, 7:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JoH6
    Just joined Pure Planet. Chosen because KWhís were the cheapest.
    Within a few days they have raised the KWh charges!! Really annoying. Think Iím still within the 14 day cut off. Shall I stay or shall I go now?
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 4th Dec 18, 8:17 PM
    • 6,840 Posts
    • 4,395 Thanks
    Hengus
    Just joined Pure Planet. Chosen because KWh’s were the cheapest.
    Within a few days they have raised the KWh charges!! Really annoying. Think I’m still within the 14 day cut off. Shall I stay or shall I go now?
    Originally posted by JoH6

That is a decision that only you can take. If it is any comfort, from 1 January, the Default Tariff will limit future tariff changes in the period up to 1 April 2019. Thereafter, ML suggests that the Default might increase from £1137 to £1250 for a tropical user. No doubt other variable tariffs will increase.
    • UDAY
    • By UDAY 6th Dec 18, 5:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    UDAY
    Pure Planet Switch
    The switch wen per fact and awaiting for my first bill and request for meter reading after the set up. However had an email notification yesterday that prices are going up on 15th Jan. I was filly aware that this was not a fixed term contract and prices were subject to change. However was not expecting to see an increase so soon after signing up. Was this a ploy to get people to sign up?
    • jaybeetoo
    • By jaybeetoo 7th Dec 18, 10:00 AM
    • 707 Posts
    • 344 Thanks
    jaybeetoo
    .....this has been the most frustrating company Iíve ever dealt the misfortune of dealing with!
    Originally posted by superbull
    Youíve obviously never dealt with Outfox The Market!

• PurePlanet
    The switch wen per fact and awaiting for my first bill and request for meter reading after the set up. However had an email notification yesterday that prices are going up on 15th Jan. I was filly aware that this was not a fixed term contract and prices were subject to change. However was not expecting to see an increase so soon after signing up. Was this a ploy to get people to sign up?
    Originally posted by UDAY
    Hi UDAY
    I understand it's frustrating because you've just joined us.
    We've one, simple tariff that's variable - it can go up as well as down - and when it does someone, somewhere will have just joined us... so it's nothing personal.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • mark88man
    • By mark88man 8th Dec 18, 9:41 AM
    • 3,349 Posts
    • 7,005 Thanks
    mark88man
    How quickly are we going to see a reduction in price, now that the global markets for oil and other energy costs have fallen significantly in the past month?
    Things happen for a reason. Often the reason is we are stupid & make bad decisions.
    Weight - Fluctuating - less than I was more than I should be
    1/18: CC:11.5K@0% - Car Loan:17K@2.8% - Mort:145K@2.9%
    Decrease in Total Debt 2016:£13.4K 2017:£8.3K 2018-1H:£11K
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

147Posts Today

1,519Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Many saying sexism or ego. My suspicion as someone who works in TV is that this is a format point. I'd think whe? https://t.co/AXfrv5YqKA

• I do always ponder when watching apprentice why Lord Sugar is "Lord Sugar" but Baroness Bradey is Karen. #bbctheapprentice

• Lord Sugar just said "she's talking like she's a 50 year old, she knows it inside out?" Genuine question if ther? https://t.co/6cZJ9d2Cni

• Follow Martin