Supermarket own brand baked beans?

Options
Hi, does anyone know of any supermarket own brand baked beans which are actually Branstons? Thanks.

Comments

• mon37
    mon37 Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    I heard that quality of Essential Waitrose baked beans is even better than Branston's
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mon37 wrote: »
    I heard that quality of Essential Waitrose baked beans is even better than Branston's

Thanks for that. I'll buy a can and give them a try. I like Branston but the prices keep creeping up although at 32p there's not that much of a saving on Home Bargains or Farmfoods multipacks of Branston.
  • mon37
    mon37 Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    £1.09 for set of 4 cans of baked beans in Waitrose.
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I replied to this, no idea where my post went!

We used to use Branston beans as didn't like Heinz ones, however moved to Asda own brand (in orange packaging), taste pretty idential and only 98p for 4 cans so 24.5p a can which is half price of Branston's.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,225 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Bacman wrote: »
    I replied to this, no idea where my post went!

We used to use Branston beans as didn't like Heinz ones, however moved to Asda own brand (in orange packaging), taste pretty idential and only 98p for 4 cans so 24.5p a can which is half price of Branston's.

I use the Asda ones, but may try the W'rose ones mentioned above, not much more cost
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • theblagger
    theblagger Posts: 2,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tried the hunter ones from B&M...gassy.....
    I refer to my byline below ...

Ad hominem
    An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence.
  • welshmoneylover
    Options
    Morrisons own brand essential beans are lovely, might start stocking up on them, pre-brexit and all that ,!
    Be happy, it's the greatest wealth :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'll buy a can and give them a try. I like Branston but the prices keep creeping up although at 32p there's not that much of a saving on Home Bargains or Farmfoods multipacks of Branston.
    mon37 wrote: »
    £1.09 for set of 4 cans of baked beans in Waitrose.

Tried the Waitrose baked beans today. They're OK, perhaps a little bit hard.

What I noticed was that the can is smaller than average 400g instead of the 410g for Branston and 415g for Heinz. Probably still cheaper but maybe not enough cheaper than Branston in Farmfoods to make it worthwhile.
  • ShandyAndy_2
    Options
    Aldi, 4 tins for about 98p and delicious.
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,852 Forumite
    Options
    ShandyAndy wrote: »
    Aldi, 4 tins for about 98p and delicious.

True - and excellent VFM! Though I dislike Branston's (I'm a Heinz fan but they are too expensive and too runny these days) so they might not be what the OP would like,. Worth a try at the price, however!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure