Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 20th Sep 19, 7:12 AM
    • 4,247Posts
    • 7,103Thanks
    another casualty
    Changing bathroom tap..
    • 20th Sep 19, 7:12 AM
    Changing bathroom tap.. 20th Sep 19 at 7:12 AM
    Howdy!
    I had a new bathroom installed by mr plumber( and builder to an extent ) when I moved into my flat 2 years ago.
    Unfortunately , the waterfall tap which I chose has a defect and I've been getting water spraying underneath as well as through the normal spout . The tiny screw and washer went down the plug hole a few weeks ago. Upon browsing for solution , I cane across a thread on here regarding the said tap including contributions from the wonderful and helpful doozer girl among others.
    Anyway , it looks like the tap I have is from some cheap co like Victoria plumb .
    I've decided that I'm gonna purchase a new bathroom tap. Obviously I don't want to spend a fortune . I am thinking that maybe a different type of tap is the way to go , like a swan neck type .
    I was wondering if the new handyman I find will just be able to do a straight swap ( in other words , are all tap fittings universal).

Please advise

Thanks
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 20th Sep 19, 7:17 AM
    • 35,639 Posts
    • 41,791 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 20th Sep 19, 7:17 AM
    • 20th Sep 19, 7:17 AM
    Easy if the old tap was fitted with isolator valves underneath.

Turn off screw on valve , remove old Flexi pipe and unbolt tap.

Taps are normally universally same
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • another casualty
    • By another casualty 20th Sep 19, 7:38 AM
    • 4,247 Posts
    • 7,103 Thanks
    another casualty
    • 20th Sep 19, 7:38 AM
    • 20th Sep 19, 7:38 AM
    Thanks for swift reply browntoa.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,043Posts Today

7,821Users online

Martin's Twitter