Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • first78
    • By first78 20th Sep 19, 6:02 AM
    • 916Posts
    • 406Thanks
    first78
    Using 0% interest card for a deposit
    • 20th Sep 19, 6:02 AM
    Using 0% interest card for a deposit 20th Sep 19 at 6:02 AM
    I'm hoping to buy a used car over the next few days. I have 300 cash that I can use as a deposit, by was wondering if it would be better to pay the deposit using my credit card which has 0% interest on purchases...can I do this? Just don't want to use I think in a way that would then incur interest charges but my understanding is that this would only happen if I withdrew cash from a cash point. Can anyone advise please?
Page 1
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 20th Sep 19, 6:52 AM
    • 2,435 Posts
    • 1,613 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    • 20th Sep 19, 6:52 AM
    • 20th Sep 19, 6:52 AM
    Paying a deposit to a garage on a credit card would count as a purchase. It also gives you section 75 protection, though that isn't as comprehensive as some people think it is, particularly for cars.

Garages may be reluctant to take credit cards to pay fo cars because of the fees, but generally take deposits.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,994Posts Today

4,232Users online

Martin's Twitter